Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40279
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 09-18-2010, 08:51 AM   #31
BigTee
Account Disabled

Encounters: 31

I got this warning this morning on Safari and Firefox on my Mac. I hope it gets cleared up soon!
BigTee is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #32
naughtynatale
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 14292
My ECCIE Reviews

I too am using Chrome and have been getting this message off and on for 2 days now.
naughtynatale is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #33
m5552009
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Christopher View Post
not to worry on the blank banner. that's our doing. we have eliminated the vulnerability and are finding and removing anything that could have possibly been compromised...which seems to be limited to certain .swf files only (flash banner ads)

the warning is due to the fact that we were listed as possibly having malware. we will have to get that tag removed, but making sure that before we request the review we have cleared everything up and patched up any and every possible hole.

very sorry for this alarming development, but we are working round the clock to put this behind us. appreciate your patience.
The following message came using Google Chrome, blocking sign on to ECCIE entirely on Sat 9/18 at 10 AM C. ECCIE is tagged as a Badware site by Google.
My Safari browser let me sign on.

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!

Suggestions:
Return to the previous page and pick another result.
Try another search to find what you're looking for.
Or you can continue to http://eccie.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26 at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.

For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Advisory provided by
m5552009 is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #34
Sir Lancelot
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

One of the attacks seems to have used a Trojan-Horse called "Exploit-HelpOverflow"

I noticed our PM max size was reduced back to 50.

Was that part of the method of dealing with these issues?

SL
Sir Lancelot is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #35
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelpot View Post
in addition, the super admin needs to log into his google account and submit a review request so the warning is released. otherwise people will continue to get the warning message, which is what's happening now.
We are well aware of that and will do that after we are certain that any and all malicious stuff has been removed. Not before!

Also...

It takes a while before all of the various browsers become aware of the update to the "reported sites" list that added this site to the list. That is why some browsers have the issue and some do not. When the issue was first reported the browser I use, Firefox, had no issue. It took over 24 hours before I started experiencing the issue. By that same token, it may take a while before all of the browsers become aware the update to the "reported site" list that removes this site from the list.

So, it is being handled.

And...

Patience is a virtue.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #36
Matador
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lancelot View Post
One of the attacks seems to have used a Trojan-Horse called "Exploit-HelpOverflow"

I noticed our PM max size was reduced back to 50.

Was that part of the method of dealing with these issues?

SL
The PM max size of 50 is unrelated to the virus warning . All registered male handles without Premium Access have a maximum capacity of 50 for private messaging. PA users have a much larger capacity. So do the Verified Providers.
Matador is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #37
fidelpot
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
We are well aware of that and will do that after we are certain that any and all malicious stuff has been removed. Not before!

Also...

It takes a while before all of the various browsers become aware of the update to the "reported sites" list that added this site to the list. That is why some browsers have the issue and some do not. When the issue was first reported the browser I use, Firefox, had no issue. It took over 24 hours before I started experiencing the issue. By that same token, it may take a while before all of the browsers become aware the update to the "reported site" list that removes this site from the list.

So, it is being handled.

And...

Patience is a virtue.
the warning message was a postscript. the serious issue is your old vulnerable install of vBulletin, which hasn't been updated. clearing the current malicious code is great, but not updating the software is boneheaded. this site is very hackable right now. want a proof of concept? I could penetrate via xss by morning. good thing i am a white hat/ lol/

patience is a virtue, dude, but waiting too long for something is commonly referred to as laziness. vBulletin 4 was released in December 2009 for god sakes!
fidelpot is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #38
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Quote:
the warning message was a postscript. the serious issue is your old vulnerable install of vBulletin, which hasn't been updated. clearing the current malicious code is great, but not updating the software is boneheaded. this site is very hackable right now. want a proof of concept? I could penetrate via xss by morning. good thing i am a white hat/ lol/
You know... There may be a number of valid reasons why we are using the version we have and why a new version has not been chosen.

Also, any threat to do malicious acts to this site will be taken seriously.

Quote:
patience is a virtue, dude, but waiting too long for something is commonly referred to as laziness. vBulletin 4 was released in December 2009 for god sakes!
I suggest that you take your drama elsewhere. It is not welcome here.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #39
fidelpot
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
You know... There may be a number of valid reasons why we are using the version we have and why a new version has not been chosen.

Also, any threat to do malicious acts to this site will be taken seriously.

I suggest that you take your drama elsewhere. It is not welcome here.
who is this guy and why is he so angry? hey mokoa, you have no idea what you are talking about. there is zero reason to stay with 3.8.1. none. zip. zilch. 3.8.3 fixed the vulnerability and that's about it. it was released 6 months ago. your cavalier attitude is a giant red flag.

the fact that you are mod (and seemingly more), refuse to protect your members from hacks like the this week for no good reason, and subject them to further exploits and account hacking because...yikes, i have to clue why other then you have no idea how to run a secure site.

anyway, if drama is pointing out how insecure this site (and at least one mod) is, then feel free to disable my account.

oh, and by the way here's a definition of white hat:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hat
i assume "Also, any threat to do malicious acts to this site will be taken seriously" was directed at me. but either way (at least you) do not take this kind of thing serious. proof is in the puddin'.
fidelpot is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #40
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Quote:
who is this guy and why is he so angry?
You are the one who got angry first...

Quote:
but waiting too long for something is commonly referred to as laziness. vBulletin 4 was released in December 2009 for god sakes!
Quote:
the warning message was a postscript. the serious issue is your old vulnerable install of vBulletin, which hasn't been updated. clearing the current malicious code is great, but not updating the software is boneheaded.
Boneheaded? Now look who is being disrespectful.

Quote:
i assume "Also, any threat to do malicious acts to this site will be taken seriously" was directed at me.
Actually, it applies to any member who would do such a thing. Now, since you wrote the following...

Quote:
this site is very hackable right now. want a proof of concept? I could penetrate via xss by morning.
That, clearly, is a threat. So, I would say that my warning would apply to you as well.

Quote:
hey mokoa, you have no idea what you are talking about. there is zero reason to stay with 3.8.1. none. zip. zilch. 3.8.3 fixed the vulnerability and that's about it. it was released 6 months ago.
And you do not know what you are talking about. Are you among those who are tasked with maintaining the software of this site? Do you know the real reasons why this site is using the version they are using? Your statements above that "laziness" is why the software has not been upgraded is speculation at best. Such baseless speculation from those who do not know all of the facts is counterproductive.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #41
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Yep, having the same problem with my Firefox, and about had heart failure as I thought my computer had been invaded. I had pm's to answer and while I could ignore the "attack alert" and read them, wouldn't let me answer them, or post at all. SOOO frustrating, as I can't seem to change the Firefox settings. Had to go through Internet Explorer, which I hate, but no problem there. Help! I'm totally confused, aka technically inept. Any way ECCIE can get this site reviewed and approved per the Google/Firefox warning?
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #42
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky21a View Post
Sorry but what a monumental F up. You guys should have had better antivirus proticals on your servers. Its pretty shamefull. Hey This site since the demise of ASPD has gone ganbusters and I'm sure has made some of you some good money. But just forgetting about your security proticals and that of your users is just down right ...well... ...
No reason to be catty. If hackers want to cause a problem, they will, no matter how much security we have. Just have to deal with it.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #43
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
Yep, having the same problem with my Firefox, and about had heart failure as I thought my computer had been invaded. I had pm's to answer and while I could ignore the "attack alert" and read them, wouldn't let me answer them, or post at all. SOOO frustrating, as I can't seem to change the Firefox settings. Had to go through Internet Explorer, which I hate, but no problem there. Help! I'm totally confused, aka technically inept. Any way ECCIE can get this site reviewed and approved per the Google/Firefox warning?
Ooops. Just read all the thread and realize what's going on now, so nevermind. And thanks for explaining, those of you who are computer literate. I have to agree with Mokoa in that jumping to conclusions without all the background is never good.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #44
NshoreGeorge
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Same thing here switched back to IE from Firefox and am able to access site.....are we being hit by the same clownd that shut down craigs list and are threatening BP...the my gods better than your god crowd??

Just asking
NshoreGeorge is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #45
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I just can't understand WHY some people care who f****s who, who worships who, and with all the REALLY wicked things going on in the world, why these people can't turn their minds to something constructive, like solving world hunger, or making 5-inch stiletto heels that won't cripple female tootsies.

Did I spell stiletto right? I miss my Firefox spellcheck already!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women