Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40281
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 01-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #31
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Well it goes back to federalism. You have to win a majority of the states to win.

It forces a President to have broader appeal.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #32
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Well it goes back to federalism. You have to win a majority of the states to win.

The real problem; however, is that some states split their electoral vote to match the popular vote.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #33
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The real problem; however, is that some states split their electoral vote to match the popular vote.
I prefer the no split approach.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #34
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I prefer the no split approach.

I agree.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #35
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:

You do not need to win the majority of states. In theory you can win the 270 needed electoral votes by winning 11 or 12 states.

In terms of real world case: Carter in 1976 won 24 states and DC. Kennedy won 23 states in 1960.

Also if it really meant a President needs broad appeal then Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania would not receive disproportionate attention while NY, California, Texas received almost none during the general election.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #36
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Very very few do that and it is uncommon that even in those states it happens. Hawaii, Nebraska are 2 I know of where it can happen.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #37
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Very very few do that and it is uncommon that even in those states it happens. Hawaii, Nebraska are 2 I know of where it can happen.

And Maine. I thought there were more - about six, but I was wrong.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #38
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
It's really just cheap entertainment for the masses, right?
Nah...that's not exactly what I meant. Simply that I was a tad more idealistic in my collegiate days. I thought this shit REALLY made a difference...so it was important to understand how it worked. THAT kind of...what was I thincking....

Quote:
How does this surprise anyone. Obamacare was a cram down. A blatant balls to the wall political deal that the Dems had to use every parliamentary edge they could think of to get it pushed through. Even with control of the WH and both sides of Congress. And it surprises you that the other team doesn't let it lie?

That ain't the way this country works. We don't enact major legislation without some sense of concensus. Obamacare was a swansong for the tired lefties of the 60's. It won't last.
Surprise me? No... Disgust me? Yes... Characterize it as a "cram down" all you wish. That's been the short-end's view of many a ground-breaking piece of legislation. The Civil Rights Act was filibustered....the Department of Education was neutered from jump-street, etc, etc...

This just seems to me the most blatant attempt to refuse to "let it lie" & works to legitimize the view point that job 1 of every switch of party control is to undo what's just been done.

Might be satisfying to the partisans but I fail to see that it accomplishes much or moves the country forward. Just more & more polarization....
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #39
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Surprise me? No... Disgust me? Yes... Characterize it as a "cram down" all you wish. That's been the short-end's view of many a ground-breaking piece of legislation. The Civil Rights Act was filibustered....the Department of Education was neutered from jump-street, etc, etc...

This just seems to me the most blatant attempt to refuse to "let it lie" & works to legitimize the view point that job 1 of every switch of party control is to undo what's just been done.

Might be satisfying to the partisans but I fail to see that it accomplishes much or moves the country forward. Just more & more polarization....
Well I was more disgusted by that sausage manufacturing process that went into passing that PoS. It was a disgrace. They couldn't sell the fucking thing on its merits (it doesn't have any -- just political taking/give away) so they had to bribe people to sign on.

The "ground breaking" legislation you mentioned all involved votes from both sides of the aisle. Not one side saying "fuck you", which is what happened with Obamacare. Thats why it won't stick. The country said "fuck you" back and threw their ass out. If you live by that crap you die by it.

Enjoy the next 2 years.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #40
discreetgent
Valued Poster

See first post: it will be interesting lol The veto pen still works.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #41
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Yeah, but it wont work when he gets a HHS bill that has no money for implementing Obamacare and vetoing it doesnt shut down anything anyone gives a shit about. The mistake Newt made was trying to force Slick Willie to sign an Omnibus bill. Divide and conquer baby!

Its going to be like watching a 3 dimensional chess match.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #42
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well I was more disgusted by that sausage manufacturing process that went into passing that PoS. It was a disgrace. They couldn't sell the fucking thing on its merits (it doesn't have any -- just political taking/give away) so they had to bribe people to sign on.
[Channeling Michael Irvin]

Come on, man!!! Next to me...you may be the most cynical bastard here. Don't act like this was your FIRST trip to the sausage factory....

Quote:
The "ground breaking" legislation you mentioned all involved votes from both sides of the aisle. Not one side saying "fuck you", which is what happened with Obamacare. Thats why it won't stick. The country said "fuck you" back and threw their ass out. If you live by that crap you die by it.

Enjoy the next 2 years.
I haven't enjoyed what passes for politics in this country for a VERY long time. When you're 8 years old & you have to ask people what an, "un-indicted co-consipiractor" is & why the President is one...it's ALL down hill from there...
Old 01-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #43
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
You do not need to win the majority of states. In theory you can win the 270 needed electoral votes by winning 11 or 12 states.
Okay a majority on a population weighted basis. happy?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #44
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Quote:
The mistake Newt made was trying to force Slick Willie to sign an Omnibus bill. Divide and conquer baby!

Its going to be like watching a 3 dimensional chess match.
Hesus Christo! This from a man repulsed by the sausage factory.....
Old 01-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #45
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Come on, man!!! Next to me...you may be the most cynical bastard here. Don't act like this was your FIRST trip to the sausage factory....
Sometimes it even turns my stomach. This was one of the worst "fuck you"'s I've seen in 40 some years of watching those bastards.

Quote:
When you're 8 years old & you have to ask people what an, "un-indicted co-consipiractor" is & why the President is one...it's ALL down hill from there...
Word!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women