Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47507
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41
Default Most workers hate their jobs or have 'checked out,' Gallup says

Seven out of 10 workers have "checked out" at work or are "actively disengaged," according to a recent Gallup survey.
In its ongoing survey of the American workplace, Gallup found that only 30 percent of workers are "were engaged, or involved in, enthusiastic about, and committed to their workplace." Although that equals the high in engagement since Gallup began studying the issue in 2000, it is overshadowed by the number of workers who aren't committed to a performing at a high level -- which Gallup says costs companies money.
The poll, released last week, examined worker engagement beginning in 2010 and ending in 2012. The previous poll period covered 2008 through 2010.
The survey classifies three types of employees among the 100 million people in America who hold full-time jobs. The first is actively engaged, which represents about 30 million workers. The second type of worker is "not engaged," which accounts for 50 million. These employees are going through the motions at work.
The third type, labeled "actively disengaged," hates going to work. These workers -- about 20 million -- undermine their companies with their attitude, according to the report.
"The general consciousness about the importance of employee engagement seems to have increased in the past decade," said Jim Harter, Gallup's chief scientist for workplace management and well-being. "But there is a gap between knowing about engagement and doing something about it in most American workplaces."

Gallup estimates that workers who are actively disengaged cost the U.S. as much as $550 billion in economic activity yearly. The level of employee engagement over the past decade has been largely stagnant, according to researchers.
The report found that different age groups and those with higher education levels reported more discontent with their workplace. Millennials and baby boomers, for instance, are more likely to be "actively disengaged" than other age groups. Employees with college degrees are also more likely to be running on auto pilot at work.

Los Angles Times
zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

I loved what I did in Corporate USA. I hated working for other people.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
CJOHN
BANNED

Trickle down economy does not work ... not enough trickle people to trickle down too ... just a way the rich get richer
CJOHN is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

While I am certainly looking forward to retirement, it is not because I dislike my job. I am definitely one of the fortunate ones!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

I experienced this with my time in corporate America, which I despise so much I could almost support revolution. I may never have been engaged, but I was giving a hell of an effort. Slowly I realized just how little my efforts mattered, and saw what efforts did matter to the people in charge. I did not respect what worked in my section of corporate America; sometimes it was real work, more often it was a coat of paint on poor work, sold with lies. In retrospect I can see my engagement decaying into disengagement, into active disengagement. It took awhile, but eventually I accepted how unhealthy this was to me. My active bright mind was dull, was not learning, and I wasn't becoming a better person. Quite the opposite. So I quit, for no alternative, and I am still learning just how much damage had to be undone.

I have to take responsibility for losing my "be the best streetsweeper you can be" attitude. But I also feel there has to be a better way than what is happening now.

I would support revolution against these corporations. I am not sure what we have here in America is true capitalism, but if it is, to hell with it. It's degrading what so many of us do for dollars. I'm not talking about flipping burgers or shoveling dirt, honest, worthy work, I speak of selling billboards, creating debt, managing mutial funds, inventing loyalty programs, and such things as patent trolling. Everybody wants to measure their success by the dollars created, and it isn't so.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
CJOHN
BANNED

That would be easy...cum up with your own thought or has this country lost it creativity and resort to parroting

Yes... I am dining out right now...
CJOHN is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
Guest021716-4
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Providing is...How should I say this? Screw it! One of the things I love about providing is the freedom. I have worked in the corporate world and I still do work part-time, but providing is like sticking my middle finger at corporate America and it gives me great satisfaction!

Providing is not degrading at all, to me. I have felt more like a "whore" working in my non-hobby career than I ever have as a companion.
Guest021716-4 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
Tex9401

Encounters: 3

Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.
Tex9401 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
ForumPoster
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 16998
My ECCIE Reviews

Interesting stats ... wonder how they differ industry by industry.

I just got back from a trade show and with very few exceptions MOST people I talked to were excited about companies they work for and about their jobs.

I am not talking " during trade show hours" conversations which are always polite BS, I am talking "hanging out in the hotel bar after business is done" conversations. One of the reasons could be that most of these people are used to be part of big corporate america and for one reason or another ended up working for novelty manufacturers/retailers companies.

Sure, there are usual business challenges they face (its 8 billion dollars industry today) but those challenges are mostly related to sales, manufacturing, marketing, all the regular business staff. "I fucking love my job" or "have you met our owner? He/she is AWESOME!" are NORMAL statements to hear in that crowd. People are actually proud of what they accomplish and brag about new products their companies release.

I've been in that industry for 2 years now and only know of 3 companies where people truly hate corporate culture and would rather work elsewhere.

Thinking back about my days in financial services industry .... I am not sure I could name 3 companies employees did NOT hate with every fiber of their being
ForumPoster is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #10
MrThom
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

I had a job in which, during the last 6 months of employment there, I vomited every morning before walking in the front door. It was one of the better paying jobs I have ever had.
MrThom is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women