Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452822
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40245
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #16
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I hunted elephants for years till I was too old to carry the decoys.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Since you are a WWII vet and I'm a WWII buff. What ship and where did you serve?
Now begins the interrogation...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #18
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

A knife and maybe a spear. No pants. Only way to do it.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWII NavyVet View Post
Barleycorn: I'm at the age now where Ive got that moving very, very slowly technique down pat. Maybe that could help me sneak up on them?

Big Tex: A nice moose hunt would be a GREAT retirement gift to yourself! A lot of guys have trouble getting away with trips like that because the wife tends to feel such a thing would take away from the shopping and home remodeling budgets. Much more important to replace all the carpeting and reupholster all the furniture, you know. And fill the closet with fashion shoes of every known color. But if its a retirement gift to yourself, she ought to agree that youve EARNED it!!

Where are you consideringg going? I only went on one moose hunt, to Alaska in 1963. Fantastic! Hard to get to in those days though. We took a DC7 to Seattle, but not nonstop. Then flew a couple of milk run no-name airlines that operated DC3's the rest of the way. Took forever to get there and it was expensive, but it was worth it. But had to buy my first wife a bunch of clothes to get her to agree to let me go. A LOT easier to get to Alaska now, I imagine. But also a lot of great places to go in Canada and in northern comtinental US.

Got a fairly nice moose and a caribou. Also Alaska is a fantastic trip even for people who dont hunt or fish. Lots of nice cruises and other vaction packages.
I have an old college buddy of mine whose in laws own a great cabin on the Kenai, a few miles NE of Soldotna. I have seen a lot of moose between Soldotna and Whittier. I have been salmon fishing on the Kenai 3 times, including this past summer. In 1994, I caught a 61 lb King Salmon, less than 1/4 mile downstream from the cabin. It took an hour and 40 minutes to get that big sucker in the boat. For the first five minutes or so I thought I might have snagged a log until I saw the "log" jump out of the water. LOL

As for the moose hunt, my wife should not have much of a problem with it. She and my buddy's wife will find plenty to do in Anchorage. I am fairly well equipped for a moose hunt and already have the expensive stuff in my gun safe. I have a .300 Win Mag with a 4x12 Swarovski sitting on top of it. As for the vacations, I have been to Alaska 7 times, including one winter from hell while I was in the Army. We have cruised Alaska twice. As far as I am concerned, there is no place like it! Fortunately, the wife loves it too!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #20
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Interrogation??? Are you cruising again Whatzup? Being a sailor myself, I'm always looking to see if someone has walked the same decks that I did. Is that a problem with you?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #21
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Interrogation??? Are you cruising again Whatzup? Being a sailor myself, I'm always looking to see if someone has sucked the same dicks that I did. Is that a problem with you?

fixed it for you
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #22
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Since there were a couple of recent discussions of guns and calibers, I was wondering whether any of you fellas are into big game hunting. Great fun, and also a great way to get away for a few days of guilt free, wife free drinking, poker playing and joke tellig.

Back in the day, we used to go on elk huntng trips with a few of the firms associates and clints. Went to a plcae near Pagosa Springs Colo. a few times, greta country. We'd sometimes have as many as 20-25 guys in a camp, and good cooks. Many times we would be out on the trail before sunup and come in dog tired at the end of the day. The hunt was a thrill. Then we would drink whisky, play cards, and tell lies and shitty jokes in the evening, and it was great fun. Couple of the guys talkd about hiring a few call girls to come out into the country and visit us, but figured it would be too expensive. Sometimes made a detour to Denver on the last day for that kind of fun.

Most of us bagged a trophy elk. Great memories.
I take it you are at least 86 years old, maybe 85 if you lied about your age to get in during WW-11.

Geez.........still hobbying? I'm 66, and I can only hope I last that long.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #23
WWII NavyVet
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I have an old college buddy of mine whose in laws own a great cabin on the Kenai, a few miles NE of Soldotna. I have seen a lot of moose between Soldotna and Whittier. I have been salmon fishing on the Kenai 3 times, including this past summer. In 1994, I caught a 61 lb King Salmon, less than 1/4 mile downstream from the cabin. It took an hour and 40 minutes to get that big sucker in the boat. For the first five minutes or so I thought I might have snagged a log until I saw the "log" jump out of the water. LOL

As for the moose hunt, my wife should not have much of a problem with it. She and my buddy's wife will find plenty to do in Anchorage. I am fairly well equipped for a moose hunt and already have the expensive stuff in my gun safe. I have a .300 Win Mag with a 4x12 Swarovski sitting on top of it. As for the vacations, I have been to Alaska 7 times, including one winter from hell while I was in the Army. We have cruised Alaska twice. As far as I am concerned, there is no place like it! Fortunately, the wife loves it too!
Sounds wonderful; hope you have a great time and that your wives enjoy the trip almost as much a you do. That's always a big plus and keeps the whole family happy! Ive only been to Alaska that one time; wish I'd gone more. Never fished there, but everyone I know who has really enjoyed themselves.

Also looks like you're fixed up well with the rifle choice. I used the 338 Win magnum to good effect, and it is (i believe) only a little bit more powerful. Here's hoping yo have a memory-filled trip!!
WWII NavyVet is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #24
WWII NavyVet
Registered Member

Quote:
Since you are a WWII vet and I'm a WWII buff. What ship and where did you serve?
Actually never served on a ship, which came as an eventual surprise to me. Entered a program called V5 (different from V12 which was another well known program.) V5 was a Naval aviation cadet program stating with college courses and later intensive flight training. I was chosen to become an instructor and soon was even teaching carrier landing techniques even though i had never even been on a carrier. Was at Dallas Naval Air Station for a while, and also Corpus Christi. We were trying to turn out huge numbers of new pilots ad apparently didnot have ebough instructors. I kept thinking I would soon be called upon to prove I could stick one on a carrier without fucking up, but before that happened our USAAF buddies dropped a couple of "big ones" on the two Japanes cities. Always wondered whether the boys in my classes stayed safe but had no way of knowing for sure in most cases.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
WWII NavyVet
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I take it you are at least 86 years old, maybe 85 if you lied about your age to get in during WW-11.

Geez.........still hobbying? I'm 66, and I can only hope I last that long.
Recently turned 87. In very good health except for knee replacement last week of Feb, still on pain meds and a little groggy.

I hope theres an encouraging word here for you middle aged guys: If you take good care of yourself, you can enjoy life (even erections!) well into your older years. It's never too late to start; I didn't take up good habits until my 70th Bday. Smoked heavily until about 30 yrs ago, often more than 2 packs a day. Drank a lot of Scotch, ate a lot of Tex Mex, etc. Started going on long walks and hikes and working with weights and calisthenics at a local club and at the Y. Also cut out most sugars and bad fats. Other than the knee, actually feel better than I did in my 60's after cleaning up bad habits.

Not physically up for the wild sex you younger guys are into, but I'm hoping to get a massage with hand finish. Had that at a parlor a couple of times 10 years or so ago and it's a hell of a lot of fun. Think I can still get a good rise if massaged by a pretty girl.

Wife passed away last year and I"m now staying with relatives in Dallas while recovering from surgery. Started looking at show cases on this web site even before registering. Another thing is that I'm fantasizing about getting sucked. Gals back in the late 40's werent much into doing that. Want to take the ol' equipment out for another test drive before it's too late!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #26
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Also looks like you're fixed up well with the rifle choice. I used the 338 Win magnum to good effect, and it is (i believe) only a little bit more powerful. Here's hoping yo have a memory-filled trip!!
I use a 180 grain bullet (MV is over 3100 foot per second) for elk. I see no reason to use anything different for moose.

It seems to pack quite a wallop!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #27
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I thought I was being critized for suggesting the .338 among other calibers. The store still has them on the shelf but I sold off my Weatherby years ago.

Nixon was in the navy and never served on a ship. He was basically a supply officer on an island in the South Pacific until his discharge. The oldest ship that I ever worked on (not served on) was the USS Sunbird. Keel was laid in 1945. Designed to rescue submarines. What a pain in the ass that was. Put a chainfall on a motor one time and the overhead beam was coming down to the motor instead of the motor going up.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #28
WWII NavyVet
Registered Member

JD, I didn't see where you were criticized for recommended the .338, or where you even mentioned it for that matter. 338 is a fine choice for elk or moose or the larger bears. A little heavy for most anything else, and a lot of recoil. Big Tex's choice of .300 win mag with 180gr bullet is good. With decent shot placement, Any good .30 cal is fine. Ive read that more elk and moose have been taken with the .308 and 30-06 than with any other cartridge. Probably because there are so many rifles in those calibers. The .30 caliber mags are even better since they give you a little more velocity and range. Longtime outdoor writer Jack O'Connor even recommended the .270 for all North American game. Seems to me the 270 may be a little light, but it's all about shot placement. A .270 in the hands of an expert rifleman is much better than a 375 H&H handled by some beginner who cant shoot. Another good thing about .270 is that you could always find ammo in any jerkwater town. Dont know if it's still as popular as it was back then.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #29
WWII NavyVet
Registered Member

Almost forgot to mention my worst (or most disappointing) hunting experience. in the early 70's, several of us from our large office went on a whittail hunting trip in south Texas, down around Cotulla. Big, well managed ranch with high fence and supplemental feeding. One guy shot a nice buck and went over to measure the antlers. He was on the hunt for a deeer with a better B&C score than the trophy head he had at home. Got out a tape and started measuring the horns. Fell a little short of his dreams, so he just left his remaining tag in the pickup and dragged the deer off into the brush. Im ashamed to say that none of the rest of us ever said anything, since the guy was one of the two most senior partners in the firm and our superior. Sorry bastard had recently given a speech to a large audience on ethics in the practice of law. What a hypocrite.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #30
timpage
Account Disabled

Laughed out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
fixed it for you
timpage is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women