Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40276
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 06-28-2019, 10:10 AM   #31
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid View Post
I am with you Tinman, while some of the early Beatles stuff sucked, most all of the Stones stuff did. And Pat Boone? Oh jeebus please!!!!

I did not like the Animals either, or the Kinks. Are there two worse songs a cover band can do than Lola and House of the Rising sun? And this is coming from a former pro musician. Annd the originals are not that great either.
When you say most all the Stones stuff sucked, that was like the 13th chime of a clock. An utterance that not only discredits current utterances, but all that preceded or follow. Sorry, Pete Townsend was right when he said they’re the “greatest rock ‘n roll band if all time.” Only The Faces could give them a run for their money, but they were so short lived and never had a proper live anlumn made to capture them at their reputed best.

As for early Rolling Stones singles (arbitrarily say before Satisfaction) probably Heart of Stone, Time is on My Side, as Tears go By, and Last Time are the best.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:35 PM   #32
Jacknbox
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Child molester. Rot in hell.
Jacknbox is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #33
Jed Clampett
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

In addition to Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett who passed away on June 25, Colonel George Armstrong Custer was also having a bad day out at Little Big Horn on June 25, 1876!
Jed Clampett is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #34
Reverseheadstock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

9.25.1980 Bonham
3.19.1982 Rhodes
9.29.1986 Burton
8.27.1990 SRV
All these sad days leave me with one question, "Michael who?"
Reverseheadstock is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:46 PM   #35
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
When you say most all the Stones stuff sucked, that was like the 13th chime of a clock. An utterance that not only discredits current utterances, but all that preceded or follow. Sorry, Pete Townsend was right when he said they’re the “greatest rock ‘n roll band if all time.” Only The Faces could give them a run for their money, but they were so short lived and never had a proper live anlumn made to capture them at their reputed best.

As for early Rolling Stones singles (arbitrarily say before Satisfaction) probably Heart of Stone, Time is on My Side, as Tears go By, and Last Time are the best.
Have you ever been paid money to play a gig or teach lessons? I bet money you have not.

That being said, my opinion stands clear. Three chord bullshit rock music is what it is. Not that great, and that is why we almost never hear the Stones being covered. The Beatles have been covered by everyone from Count Basie and every jazz group you can think of.

Keep your poor opinions to yourself in the future.
Look-at-Stupid is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:07 PM   #36
LuvHerMadlyEverytime
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Clampett View Post
In addition to Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett who passed away on June 25, Colonel George Armstrong Custer was also having a bad day out at Little Big Horn on June 25, 1876!
Custer was a moron and an idiot.... WAIT! Is a moron and idiot the same thing?
LuvHerMadlyEverytime is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #37
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Have you ever been paid money to play a gig or teach lessons? I bet money you have not.

That being said, my opinion stands clear. Three chord bullshit rock music is what it is. Not that great, and that is why we almost never hear the Stones being covered. The Beatles have been covered by everyone from Count Basie and every jazz group you can think of.

Keep your poor opinions to yourself in the future.
Working musician from age 14 to 17. Made a lot of money for being that young. Typical week was $100-200, which was a shit load of weekly money for a kid in the mid 1970’s. Three night lots of weekends. When I started college, I dropped it. Not exactly a pro, but I’ve played. Wish I still had my B-3, but I do have my old Fender Rhodes and a Korg BX-3.

“Five strings*, three chords, one asshole,” as Keith described it, has its place. And the Stones are one of the two** best bands in that genre. And the genre is perhaps the most prototypical, straight ahead style of rock ‘n roll. Does it have the musical chops and intricate detail or mid to late period Steely Dan? Of course not. The technical wizardry of prog rock warhorses like Yes and ELP? Not at all. The chameleon slickness and policy of David Bowie? No. The catchy melodic pleasantness of ‘the Beatles? Not on your life. It’s straight ahead rock. But it’s great straight ahead rock.

*On many Stones classics, Keith plays open G tuning, which most often uses five strings on the guitar, nit the customary six.

** The other: Faces.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:28 PM   #38
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Working musician from age 14 to 17. Made a lot of money for being that young. Typical week was $100-200, which was a shit load of weekly money for a kid in the mid 1970’s. Three night lots of weekends. When I started college, I dropped it. Not exactly a pro, but I’ve played. Wish I still had my B-3, but I do have my old Fender Rhodes and a Korg BX-3.

“Five strings*, three chords, one asshole,” as Keith described it, has its place. And the Stones are one of the two** best bands in that genre. And the genre is perhaps the most prototypical, straight ahead style of rock ‘n roll. Does it have the musical chops and intricate detail or mid to late period Steely Dan? Of course not. The technical wizardry of prog rock warhorses like Yes and ELP? Not at all. The chameleon slickness and policy of David Bowie? No. The catchy melodic pleasantness of ‘the Beatles? Not on your life. It’s straight ahead rock. But it’s great straight ahead rock.

*On many Stones classics, Keith plays open G tuning, which most often uses five strings on the guitar, nit the customary six.

** The other: Faces.
Cannot really say I care for Yes or ELP.....rock is rock, and I do not care to have it mixed with classical or country. Each genre stands on its own quite well. Steely Dan? MOST all of their stuff past their first album still stands up quite well today. Especially Asia and Gaucho still sound like they would merit airplay to this day.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #39
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Asia and Gaucho still sound like they would merit airplay to this day.
for the record, you meant to say "Aja", not post about "Asia", the ELP/Yes copycat band

TTH likes the Faces? pretty good Rolling Stones copycat band.. not exactly, but certainly influenced by the Glimmer Twins.

too bad Rod Stewart's voice didn't make it to age 30.. well it did, but it didn't REALLY.. I know people who love his 80's shit, I tell them Rod's early 70's stuff was 100 times better, they look at me like I'm some Relic, LOL
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #40
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
for the record, you meant to say "Aja", not post about "Asia", the ELP/Yes copycat band

TTH likes the Faces? pretty good Rolling Stones copycat band.. not exactly, but certainly influenced by the Glimmer Twins.

too bad Rod Stewart's voice didn't make it to age 30.. well it did, but it didn't REALLY.. I know people who love his 80's shit, I tell them Rod's early 70's stuff was 100 times better, they look at me like I'm some Relic, LOL
Ouch, true, Asia did suck huge donkey balls.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:48 PM   #41
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 127

We should be so lucky today to have such “second-rate” bands as the Kinks and the Faces. It’s a testament to how amazing were the mid-sixties through early seventies that one can minimize with a straight face some of the aforementioned bands of that era.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #42
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
We should be so lucky today to have such “second-rate” bands as the Kinks and the Faces. It’s a testament to how amazing were the mid-sixties through early seventies that one can minimize with a straight face some of the aforementioned bands of that era.
you are so right. I think there are several reasons music was so great during that period:

1) Stereo was new, it opened up more possibilities in sound (Psychedelic, for example) that bands wanted to explore

2) the huge initial success of the Beatles.. every kid ran and got a guitar after watching Ed Sullivan, not to mention other English bands raced to copy and compete

3) music education was actually taught in public schools.. budget decisions and competing claims from other "electives" killed that during the 1970's

4) music was a Brotherhood.. your learned your neighbor or schoolmate played Drums.. "hey, let's start a Band".. good musicians learned about other good musicians, and they wanted to play together.. sort of like playing Golf with a scratch golfer makes your game better. "Super" Groups sprang up, with talent on every instrument.

5) the Corporations did not understood rock music, they poured millions of dollars promoting Streisand and Johnny Mathis (and the like), while Rock flourished artistically, away from Corporate influencers that would "cheeze and destroy" the music. by the late 1970's, though, Corporations had wedged their way in.. Saturday Night Fever was a mega-seller, so EVERYBODY followed, went disco.. even Kiss and the Rolling Stones were affected. by 1981, and MTV, it was all over.. Corporations ruled, 80's pop spawned many huge-selling albums, with 6-7 big hits on each.. marketing overdrive.. of course streaming destroyed that, the Corporations barely squeezed 12 good years of profit.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:41 PM   #43
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 127

Drugs, Chung. Don’t forget the drugs. How the hell does the world’s greatest pop band come up with “Tomorrow Never Knows”, much less get EMI to include it on a major album?

It proves you’re right, though....the Corporations really had no idea what was going on, thank the good lord.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:04 PM   #44
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
Drugs, Chung. Don’t forget the drugs. How the hell does the world’s greatest pop band come up with “Tomorrow Never Knows”, much less get EMI to include it on a major album?

It proves you’re right, though....the Corporations really had no idea what was going on, thank the good lord.
LOL!! Damn, for a second or so I thought you might be talking Garth Brooks....but sadly country these days has too much rock in it.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:12 AM   #45
Financeman22
Premium Access

Encounters: 38

Paint it Black, Rocks!!!
Financeman22 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women