Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70402
biomed160419
Yssup Rider59882
gman4452905
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47486
pyramider46370
bambino40300
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35275
Mojojo33117

Old 03-05-2024, 12:33 PM   #31
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Yes i agree, but the ruling means that even if Trump is convicted of insurrection he won’t be removed from the office of president until congress clarifies the law. That’s the problem. The statute is clear. It’s not up to congress to decide. If he’s convicted of insurrection then he should be ineligible to serve. The constitution and the court should do their jobs and make a decision. Punting the issue to congress is an act of cowardice on their part.
Still tripping over a procedural set of steps. Not quite sure how they will be convicting him as no charges have been filed to date. It seems to me that SCOTUS was abundantly clear that Congress is responsible for charging.

Maybe a finer point, but Trump was President during Jan 6, but is not until Jan 21st, 2025.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 09:49 AM   #32
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Excuse me. Trumpf has 91 FELONY CHARGES IN FOUR CASES. He's guilty of ever one of em.
This decision will have long lasting repercussions
What ever happened tothje legal concept of, "Innocent Until Proven Guilty"?
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 09:55 AM   #33
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Rigged. One more step for trump to consolidate govt to his liking and eliminate political rivals like his comrade putin. Terrible day for America. A ruling for a guy with 91 indictments
Terrible scotus decision
The SCOTUS decision was RIGGED? one might have grounds to believe that if the vote was 5-3 along ideological lines, but 9-0 cannot be seen as a "rigged" decision.

Putin's opposition has either been jailed or killed.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 10:55 AM   #34
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

What is concerning to all is that while the SCOTUS muddles through it's weighing in on things like the ballot's which I think is moot, the whole idea of immunity should have been the FORCED one to hear first and foremost. Its a political football that has a 1% survival rate after ruling. If any president can have 100% immunity at all times, even while campaigning, or coercing states to throw out votes, then what's different for them vs. a king. The founders didn't want another king, and SCOTUs will end up tossing out the absolute immunity play- They just need to have picked up the case about 3 or 4 months ago.

What American's should be mad about, is how anyone delays the outcomes of trials.

Justice delayed, is truly justice denied.
eyecu2 is online now   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 01:48 PM   #35
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Still tripping over a procedural set of steps. Not quite sure how they will be convicting him as no charges have been filed to date. It seems to me that SCOTUS was abundantly clear that Congress is responsible for charging.

Maybe a finer point, but Trump was President during Jan 6, but is not until Jan 21st, 2025.
Im not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse or not. SCOTUS deliberately skipped a step with this ruling. They didn’t wait for a case to determine if they should rule on whether someone committed insurrection or not as custom dictates. They immediately passed the buck to congress instead.

The question to be asked is why they did it. My contention is that they were too cowardly to make the hard decisions. The conservative judges are beholden to the right wing institutions that trained and supported them. They don’t want to hear a case where they would have to rule on whether the 14th amendment applies to Trump’s actions.

In essence they deliberately violated custom either to protect Trump or to hide from the consequences of having to make the decision if Trump is convicted on charges stemming from January 6th.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:16 PM   #36
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

These guys all went to Harvard or Yale except Barrett who was at Notre Dame, and your contention is that they’re products of right wing training?
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:32 PM   #37
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
...The conservative judges are beholden to the right wing institutions that trained and supported them...
Guess I'm just lucky AF to have the high speed internets. Maybe news travels more slowly in you neck of the woods, but is was a(n) UNANIMOUS, i.e. 9-0, decision. Once your dial-up modem syncs up, you'll know what I'm talk'n 'bout..
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women