Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #31
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Well ok...but it just makes no sense to say it isn't a right then say everybody should have it. Those two statements are not linear.That was my point/question.
I also said that as a wealthy nation it's our duty to see that all our citizend have access to reasonable (That is no heroic end of life or beginning of life efforts.). If one person is given it, everyone should have access. And it God damned for sure isn't fair to exclude the people paying for it: the middle class.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #32
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
I also said that as a wealthy nation it's our duty to see that all our citizend have access to reasonable (That is no heroic end of life or beginning of life efforts.). If one person is given it, everyone should have access. And it God damned for sure isn't fair to exclude the people paying for it: the middle class.
So....

You want free healthcare for all?

Who pays for this free healthcare, The Healthcare Fairy?

Somebody will have to pay for this free healthcare. Do you want the rich to pay for both the middle class and poor?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #33
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
I haven't studied the law as extensively as others have, but presumably since the penalty is based on your income and kicks in essentially as an additional tax, I would presume that it's based off of your tax return.
And what happens if you loose your job in February? You have to annie up for health insurance or be fined on top of not having insurance? Or not? That's what's fucking wrong with this Act. No one even READ it, as directed by Madam Speaker, let alone considered how to enact it. They catered to the oligarchs and now we ALL get to pay.

Quote:
[First, I think you may be mistaking my previous post as some sort of advocacy on the merits of the AHA. It was not intended that way, but as a clarification to the OP's questions and to highlight the differences between Medicare and Medicaid.
How is either program any good if it excludes the largest demographic - uninsurred middle class folks.

Quote:
[I do think it's particularly sad that we tout ourselves as a shining beacon of first world countries but we can't even do things like provide affordable health care to all of our citizens (which many other countries have been able to do while keeping costs down). I would love to see affordable health coverage for everyone, but given that we're not going to do that anytime soon, I believe we should focus our efforts first on covering those who have the hardest time getting coverage on their ow

What is your definition of affordable healthcare coverage. Spending statistically deviant amounts on the last six or first six months of life? If so, then we disagree about not just affordable, but what is moral.

You mean the middle class right. Because the poor and the rich are covered. So, you're going to see that the ENTIRE middle class is going to get health care if they don't already have it. Or if they have it through their employer and their employer drops coverage.

Quote:
[Second, I don't believe in an all or nothingsystem. Like most things, our health care system is a work in progress. Very few things on as large a scale as national health care, in the private nor public sector, ever go perfectly the first time - adjustments always have to be made. In our current situation, our society has deemed that it is better to cover those who need it the most (those who can afford it the least) as our first priority. Yes, someone's going to have to pay for it and currently, unfortunately the majority of that burden falls to the middle class (note the upper class, while making a much higher % of our income these days, doesn't actually pay that much of the burden)

And HOW are we going to pay for this lofty experiment. Better yet, who pays? Specifically who pays; who gets covereage; and what kind of coverage?

Quote:
[Yes, there will always be some poor people who will choose to stay in their current situation, sad as it is. However, I would like to believe that there are those who aren't happy with the way their current state is and are trying to move up out of it and those are the ones we should be giving a hand up.
No one chooses to be poor. I just don't have a romantic and lofty notion that they deserve better care than the middle class.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #34
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

WTF and OH, y'all are freaking me out with your fonts that keep changing...you nasty fuckers
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #35
gary5912
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

Quote:
We've been through this before. I'm for free healthcare for all who want it. I believe in a single payer system. I hope this has simplified it enough for you.
Honey you can't reason with the these left wing retards, they are so fucking blind to whats going on in this country, and the ones that hang out here must not have a job thats why they have 5000 post's plus, these cock sucker should go live in Canada where they have free health care then they can wait in line to get it

Obama crony cock sucker's,( fuck them all)
gary5912 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #36
Seeker
Valued Poster

We had a chance for real reform but the lobbies of big pharma and insurance companies bought their way in. Go travel and investigate and research the data on healthcare.
Seeker is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #37
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
We had a chance for real reform but the lobbies of big pharma and insurance companies bought their way in. Go travel and investigate and research,
True dat.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #38
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
We had a chance for real reform but the lobbies of big pharma and insurance companies bought their way in. Go travel and investigate and research the data on healthcare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
True dat.
Yep!

Gary, I'm liberal and conservative, but you're correct. This issue is FAR gone. Like for instance, in nine months this abortion goes live - Where the fuck, what the fuck and how the fuck are people supposed to buy this insurance they speak of!?!? Go ahead you-don't-need-to-read-it-just-sign-it morons TELL me. Then hold your breath and wait for it all to be in place before they start fining and taxing the rest of us!!!!!!!!!

IIFF - you LOVE my fonts. Muah!!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #39
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Olivia, you used the term "reasonable" earlier. That word has no real meaning except to the speaker. Every listener has a different meaning. It is a weasel word. Let me ask you some questions then to find out what you find reasonable. You have already said that heroic measures and end of lilfe care are not included but how about;
sex change or gender reassignment? Would this be reasonable? Some colleges and prisons have said yes.
substance abuse rehab? A personal problem right? or is it?
cosmetic surgery for accidental maiming? You know, hiding scarring, moving a toe to replace a finger, reattaching a finger, toe, arm, ???
cosmetic surgery for aging? don't have to go there.
cosmetic surgery for birth defects? cleft palets, birth marks, etc.
on heroic care? take something like a stroke? what if the prognosis is very good, 75%+ chance of recovery and years of quality life ahead. what if the prognosis is just above 50% and a few years of productive life ahead. Same thing with a heart attack. How about cancer treatment? With new advances (that we learned from heroic treatment) cancers that were a death sentence ten years ago are now being successfully treated.

So I want you to define your terms and this goes for anyone else responding. Carefully define you terms and what exactly you mean. Just like writing a law (which is what we are discussing), you can't go back a year later and say that is not what I meant. It is only what you wrote down.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #40
MsJane69
BANNED

User ID: 174574

+6 FU
MsJane69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #41
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Man View Post
I must disclose that I have been in the tax advice/counsel/preparation business for 30 years. I have told all my clients that neither they, nor their CPA, have the level of sophistication and administrative staff required to comply with the law. Therefore, DO NOT HIRE employee # 50!! (that is "full time equivalent" employee # 50, of course). As I understand it, less than 50 employees and the employer is exempt from compliance - the law doesn't apply! Talk about an excuse to shrink the economy!!

boy, .2% ...POINT 2 PERCENT ... what an economic cruncher that is

Only the top 3% of small businesses will have to pay the additional 0.9% ObamaCare Medicare tax increase.

• Only .2% of businesses have over 50 employees and don't already offer insurance to full-time workers. Providing these folks with insurance is the only "employer mandate" in ObamaCare.

I think youve been in the wrong bidnezz for too long ... try kool aid stands

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #42
gary5912
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Yep!

Gary, I'm liberal and conservative, but you're correct. This issue is FAR gone. Like for instance, in nine months this abortion goes live - Where the fuck, what the fuck and how the fuck are people supposed to buy this insurance they speak of!?!? Go ahead you-don't-need-to-read-it-just-sign-it morons TELL me. Then hold your breath and wait for it all to be in place before they start fining and taxing the rest of us!!!!!!!!!

IIFF - you LOVE my fonts. Muah!!
there was a time when I use to agree with the Dems but after LBJ was sworn in after JFK was killed the Dems have gone to the dogs
gary5912 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women