Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #16
CJ7
Valued Poster

how does Obamacare work ?

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-facts.php

apparently theres a select few who insist on remaining total idiots ...

study up, pop quiz YESTERDAY 8am sharp !
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #17
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
We have been sold down the river. The Democrats lied about Obamacare from day one. The cost was certified by the CBO to be below one trillion dollars before it was passed. Then two years later the CBO says it's going to be closer to three trillion dollars. That's not an honest mistake; that's fraud.

Every politician that participated in passing this monstrosity should be removed from office and put in prison, starting with Obama.
You've got me wondering now if the National Debt is really nothing but a hoax and Obamacare is nothing but an elaborate scam under the guise of " Health Care" because that sounds so nice and good and benefits all.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #18
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
how does Obamacare work ?

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-facts.php

apparently theres a select few who insist on remaining total idiots ...

study up, pop quiz YESTERDAY 8am sharp !
Yeah I read that before. Sounds dam good on paper doesn't it. We'll see how it all plays out.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Based on what? You last tax return. You last pay stub? What? What is the provision for loosing your job. What if your spouse looses their job and that job was needed to meet your monthly bills, but you are still over the $14,400 a year in income? Then what?
I haven't studied the law as extensively as others have, but presumably since the penalty is based on your income and kicks in essentially as an additional tax, I would presume that it's based off of your tax return.

Quote:
It's easy to sit around and demand everyone have insurance when you work for a company that supplies insurance as a benny or if you're generationally poor and everything's just handed to you like it was your great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, you and now your kids.

Why should poor people get free health care and the middle class doesn't? Of the people on welfare now, how many generations into the past do you think have been on welfare? How is the physical well being of the poor more important than the middle class that can't afford health care or health insurance? Answer these questions in any way other than: The poor are just going to stay poor, and he middle class are going to be taxed. And maybe, just maybe it will stop fucking GALLING hard working Americans that liberals think that the lives of sponges are more important than the backs of the working and middle classes. Maybe, but not likely.

HEALTH CARE ISN'T A RIGHT! As a wealthy nation we have a duty to see that all people are covered - minus heroic care for end of life and beginning of life - but it's not a right. Everybody should have access to reasonable healthcare or no one. Poor people aren't any more special than middle class people.
First, I think you may be mistaking my previous post as some sort of advocacy on the merits of the AHA. It was not intended that way, but as a clarification to the OP's questions and to highlight the differences between Medicare and Medicaid.

I do think it's particularly sad that we tout ourselves as a shining beacon of first world countries but we can't even do things like provide affordable health care to all of our citizens (which many other countries have been able to do while keeping costs down). I would love to see affordable health coverage for everyone, but given that we're not going to do that anytime soon, I believe we should focus our efforts first on covering those who have the hardest time getting coverage on their own.

Second, I don't believe in an all or nothing system. Like most things, our health care system is a work in progress. Very few things on as large a scale as national health care, in the private nor public sector, ever go perfectly the first time - adjustments always have to be made. In our current situation, our society has deemed that it is better to cover those who need it the most (those who can afford it the least) as our first priority. Yes, someone's going to have to pay for it and currently, unfortunately the majority of that burden falls to the middle class (note the upper class, while making a much higher % of our income these days, doesn't actually pay that much of the burden).

Yes, there will always be some poor people who will choose to stay in their current situation, sad as it is. However, I would like to believe that there are those who aren't happy with the way their current state is and are trying to move up out of it and those are the ones we should be giving a hand up.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
Yeah I read that before. Sounds dam good on paper doesn't it. We'll see how it all plays out.
I'm sure there will be problems with implementation as well as other unforseen issues.

However, we know the status quo isn't working and sitting around doing nothing is definitely not going to fix the problem.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #21
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
If we can find money to give healthcare to the poor, we can find it for the middle class.

So yo are for free health care to all but the rich?

What do you have aganist the rich?

Your logic makes no sense to me. You seem to think we all deserve free health care but it isn't a right. Whatever that means....

Can someone that makes sense of Olivia's posts , please try and explain it to me.

Quote:

Still, waiting to hear what you have against the middle class.
I said I would rather be middle class than poor. How is that having something aganist the middle class?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
So yo are for free health care to all but the rich?

What do you have aganist the rich?

Your logic makes no sense to me. You seem to think we all deserve free health care but it isn't a right. Whatever that means....

Can someone that makes sense of Olivia's posts , please try and explain it to me.

I said I would rather be middle class than poor. How is that having something aganist the middle class?
We've been through this before. I'm for free healthcare for all who want it. I believe in a single payer system. I hope this has simplified it enough for you.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
I'm sure there will be problems with implementation as well as other unforseen issues.

However, we know the status quo isn't working and sitting around doing nothing is definitely not going to fix the problem.
Obamacare is designed to destroy the private healthcare system. Socialized medicine has been Obama's goal from the beginning.

The justification for Obamacare was the fact that a relatively small percentage of people did not have health insurance. After Obamacare is fully implemented we still won't have health insurance for everyone, and we'll be bankrupt.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #24
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
We have been sold down the river. The Democrats lied about Obamacare from day one. The cost was certified by the CBO to be below one trillion dollars before it was passed. Then two years later the CBO says it's going to be closer to three trillion dollars. That's not an honest mistake; that's fraud.
That pretty much describes all Government programs. If you disagree, name one that did not end up costing more than its projections.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #25
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
That pretty much describes all Government programs. If you disagree, name one that did not end up costing more than its projections.
I think the only one that hasn't cost more than the initial estimates may be Medicare Part D. It's actual costs have come in below projections, somewhere between twenty eight and forty percent. Other than that, they all cost dramatically more than original estimates. We're being played for fools.

The old saying is fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. The American people get fooled over and over again. It's like we have amnesia.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3775

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...nder-budget-b/
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #26
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Good call Joe. Anyone else?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...nder-budget-b/
Quote:
Next, why is it under budget? Santorum says it was because of the program's design, because it was a private-sector operated plan.

One reason it came in under budget is fairly straightforward: Not as many people signed up for the benefit as the government expected. The government projected that about 93 percent of people who use Medicare would also sign up for the prescription drug benefit. But actual enrollment is only at about 77 percent of those eligible, a significant difference. It's not clear why fewer people signed up -- whether they didn't know about the program, didn't need it or for some other reason. But it's hard to say for sure, and we couldn't find any studies on the matter.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #27
Pistol Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

I must disclose that I have been in the tax advice/counsel/preparation business for 30 years. I have told all my clients that neither they, nor their CPA, have the level of sophistication and administrative staff required to comply with the law. Therefore, DO NOT HIRE employee # 50!! (that is "full time equivalent" employee # 50, of course). As I understand it, less than 50 employees and the employer is exempt from compliance - the law doesn't apply! Talk about an excuse to shrink the economy!!
Pistol Man is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #28
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Man View Post
I must disclose that I have been in the tax advice/counsel/preparation business for 30 years. I have told all my clients that neither they, nor their CPA, have the level of sophistication and administrative staff required to comply with the law. Therefore, DO NOT HIRE employee # 50!! (that is "full time equivalent" employee # 50, of course). As I understand it, less than 50 employees and the employer is exempt from compliance - the law doesn't apply! Talk about an excuse to shrink the economy!!
Problem is . . . Obamacare has redefined “full-time” employee.

"'Full-time' is defined as 30 hours or more per week, or 120 hours or more per month." http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/201...art-time-jobs/
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #29
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Less Than 50 Employees, You Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Man View Post
...As I understand it, less than 50 employees and the employer is exempt from compliance - the law doesn't apply! Talk about an excuse to shrink the economy!!
Although I'm not in the tax advice business, that's my understanding as well.

At least in that regard, we seem to be taking little steps toward becoming more like a giant France. (Although with far less good food.)

Here's one reason why:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...oyee-companies
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #30
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
We've been through this before. I'm for free healthcare for all who want it. I believe in a single payer system. I hope this has simplified it enough for you.
Well ok...but it just makes no sense to say it isn't a right then say everybody should have it. Those two statements are not linear.That was my point/question.

Quote:

HEALTH CARE ISN'T A RIGHT! As a wealthy nation we have a duty to see that all people are covered - minus heroic care for end of life and beginning of life - but it's not a right. Everybody should have access to reasonable healthcare or no one. Poor people aren't any more special than middle class people.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women