Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
The Drummer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3
Default From The Mind of a Founding Father

Hi All,

Before I get beat up on the Board, let me issue this qualifier: The following doesn’t necessarily represent my views; I just offer fodder for discussion.

“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”.
-Thomas Jefferson

I didn’t write the following analysis. It was sent to me, and I just cleaned up format and grammar. I also removed opinion and conjecture.

Thomas Jefferson, among other things, studied the previous failed attempts at government. He was said to understand actual history, the nature of God, His laws, and the nature of man.

A voice from the long ago past seems relevant today, and may lead us into the future.

First a bit of chronological overview:
  • At 5, began studying under his cousin's tutor
  • At 9, studied Latin, Greek and French
  • At 14, studied classical literature and additional languages
  • At 16, entered William and Mary
  • At 19, studied law for 5 years starting under George Wythe
  • At 23, started his own law practice
  • At 25, was elected to the Virginia House of Burgesses
  • At 31, wrote the widely circulated "Summary View of the Rights of British America” and retired from his law practice
  • At 32, was a delegate to the Second Continental Congress
  • At 33, wrote the Declaration of Independence
  • At 33, took three years to revise Virginia’s legal code and wrote a public education bill and a statute for religious freedom
  • At 36, was elected the second Governor of Virginia, succeeding Patrick Henry
  • At 40, served in Congress for two years
  • At 41, was the American minister to France, and negotiated commercial treaties with European nations along with Benjamin Franklin and John Adams
  • At 46, served as the first Secretary of State under George Washington
  • At 53, served as Vice President and was elected president of the American Philosophical Society
  • At 55, drafted the Kentucky Resolutions, and became the active head of the Republican Party
  • At 57, was elected the third President of the United States
  • At 60, was instrumental in the Louisiana Purchase, doubling the nation's size
  • At 61, was elected to a second term as President
  • At 65, retired to Monticello
  • At 80, helped President Monroe shape the Monroe Doctrine
  • At 81, almost single-handedly created the University of Virginia, and served as its first president
  • At 83, died on the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, along with John Adams
It may be said that Thomas Jefferson was a very remarkable man who began learning very early in life and never ceased to learn.

John F. Kennedy once held a dinner in the white House for a group of the brightest minds in the nation at that time. He made this statement: "This is perhaps the assembly of the most intelligence ever to gather at one time in the White House with the exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone”.

Some anecdotal evidence from the mind of Jefferson:

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle, which if acted on, would save one-half the wars of the world

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical

Thomas Jefferson stated in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around these banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Sorry guys and gals for taxing your brains, but I’m off work today and extremely bored!

Please feel free to offer your opinions.

TD
The Drummer is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Probably the most brilliant man to ever be on this continent.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
oden
Valued Poster

Actually Jefferson was elected as a member of the Democratic-Republican party. The first elected President from the Republican Party was Lincoln.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
The Drummer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oden View Post
Actually Jefferson was elected as a member of the Democratic-Republican party. The first elected President from the Republican Party was Lincoln.
Thank you for the clarification and pointing out my error, oden.

TD
The Drummer is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Seedy
Valued Poster

Cool

And by todays standards, he would be in the Teaparty.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedman55 View Post
And by todays standards, he would be in the Teaparty.
His buddy Sam Adams was in the Tea Party!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Seedy
Valued Poster

Cool

I have heard and seen some of these remarks, and statements of Jefferson's before. I have also noticed not one fucking libtard, make a post on this thread trying to debunk these brilliant words, and thoughts. Goes against your way of thinking eh boys. Fucking assholes.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #8
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Thomas Jefferson was a truly great man. He makes today's leaders seem like insects. There are a lot great quotes in your post; the one that seems most relevant at the moment, concerns the destruction of the economy being done by the Federal Reserve.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around these banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
Seedy
Valued Poster

Cool

Come on libtards, too busy with the cock in your mouths. This cocksucker of a communist president, does the exact oposite of all of Jeffersons words of wisdom. Can't deny it either can ya? I want to thank the op for his thread.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Oddly, Jefferson was rejected by the TeaPuke Texas Board of Education. They recommended striking him from the history books as a leader in the Age of Enlightenment.

How do you explain that, Seedy?

I'm a Jefferson fan.

How do you explain that, fellas? Oh yeah, you can't love America and support Obama.

LMAO!!!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #11
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Oddly, Jefferson was rejected by the TeaPuke Texas Board of Education. They recommended striking him from the history books as a leader in the Age of Enlightenment.

I'm a Jefferson fan.

How do you explain that, fellas? Oh yeah, you can't love America and support Obama.

LMAO!!!
Bullshit. The best I can tell, The Texas Board of Education rejected the notion that the Constitution requires an absolute removal of religion from public life, no prayer in classrooms, no religious icons on public land, etc.

We are bound by the Constitution, not by a passage from a letter Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptist Church that referenced "a wall of seperation between church and state." The same week Jefferson wrote the letter referring to a wall of seperation between church and state, he attended church services in the Capital building.

Jefferson also wrote a treatise entitled "The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth" which he intended for the federal government to use in their attempt to convert the American Indians to Christianity.

http://www.dehavelle.com/2012/11/rus...ferson-darwin/
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Bullshit. The best I can tell, The Texas Board of Education rejected the notion that the Constitution requires an absolute removal of religion from public life, no prayer in classrooms, no religious icons on public land, etc.

We are bound by the Constitution, not by a passage from a letter Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptist Church that referenced "a wall of seperation between church and state." The same week Jefferson wrote the letter referring to a wall of seperation between church and state, he attended church services in the Capital building.

Jefferson also wrote a treatise entitled "The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth" which he intended for the federal government to use in their attempt to convert the American Indians to Christianity.

http://www.dehavelle.com/2012/11/rus...ferson-darwin/
That's not true. The best you can tell isn't enough.

In addition to Jefferson, the SBOE recommended striking Cesar Chavez from the books as well. Oh yeah, and adding creationism.

Lucky for our kids, the state slashed the budget for education, so the books haven't been printed yet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/ed...exas.html?_r=0
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:

I'm a Jefferson fan.

LMAO!!!
More prevarication from Assup the jackass, the dissembling, turd-tongued golem made of piss and shit. Jefferson was not removed from the textbook, and Jefferson was a “student” of the Enlightenment: not a leader, per se.

"Jefferson and other members of the founding generation were deeply influenced by the 18th-century European intellectual movement known as the Enlightenment. Enlightenment philosophy stressed that liberty and equality were natural human rights."

http://www.monticello.org/slavery-at-monticello/liberty-slavery/jefferson-and-enlightenment

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
More prevarication from Assup the jackass, the dissembling, turd-tongued golem made of piss and shit. Jefferson was not removed from the textbook, and Jefferson was a “student” of the Enlightenment: not a leader, per se.

"Jefferson and other members of the founding generation were deeply influenced by the 18th-century European intellectual movement known as the Enlightenment. Enlightenment philosophy stressed that liberty and equality were natural human rights."

http://www.monticello.org/slavery-at-monticello/liberty-slavery/jefferson-and-enlightenment

OK. No wonder the SBOE tried to scratch him from the books, right? Only reason they didn't "downgrade him" as I said, was that they didn't have money for a new run. WTF you YOU know about then.texas SBOE anyway? You live in Schmuckville!

And Im getting real tired of your senseless bullshit. Keep it up and there'll be no DICK for you tonight!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
OK. No wonder the SBOE tried to scratch him from the books, right? Only reason they didn't "downgrade him" as I said, was that they didn't have money for a new run. WTF you YOU know about then.texas SBOE anyway? You live in Schmuckville!

And Im getting real tired of your senseless bullshit. Keep it up and there'll be no DICK for you tonight!
You better hope I never see you in a dark alley.

Watching you slurp cum is just gross...fucker
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women