Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70415
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59929
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47545
pyramider46370
bambino40322
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #46
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Wasn't the "One" a golf ball by Nike? Either that or it was a supposedly gifted politician that was going to solve all our problems.

I'd say the "One" is just as improbable in love.
I thought he did. Or at least one sides one. That one got them to ''take down that wall'' , it's been paradise since.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #47
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I thought he did. Or at least one sides one. That one got them to ''take down that wall'' , it's been paradise since.

Put the pipe down.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #48
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
Put the pipe down.
Awwww Marcus, you're whispering sweet nothings to me again.....
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #49
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Ooh baby ooh.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #50
Guest031710
Account Disabled

User ID: 4985

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Healthy relationships are a rare breed.

Certain jobs do not lend themselves to healthy relationships.( Check out the divorce rate of deployed soliders) This is probably one of them. I see no reason though why once out of the biz it would be a hindrance to a healthy relationship..
Ouch and ouch!
As one soon to deploy and walking up the altar... again..

Yes, I am leaving for love. Something I thought I wouldn't be lucky enough to find again in life. And when I find something I like I throw myself fully into it.
Guest031710 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #51
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil red Robin View Post
Ouch and ouch!
As one soon to deploy and walking up the altar... again..

Yes, I am leaving for love. Something I thought I wouldn't be lucky enough to find again in life. And when I find something I like I throw myself fully into it.
Have you told him about the "no more pussy" bit?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #52
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Have you told him about the "no more pussy" bit?
Now THAT was funny!!
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:06 AM   #53
Guest031710
Account Disabled

User ID: 4985

I'm more like the soup nazi. I decide who gets some and who doesn't.
No pussy for you!
Guest031710 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #54
DamagePlan
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6
Default Hosea had some Soup Nazi!

Quote:
I'm more like the soup nazi. I decide who gets some and who doesn't.
Quote:
No pussy for you!
Soup Nazi, lol, that takes me back!

Yes, but if you should be one of the ones who did get some (even once), then you can consider yourself a lucky ass man!

As far as Money vs. Happy, I say money. In life, happiness is fleeing. There are good times and there are bad times - everyone experiences both. Once your happiness in something is gone, there is nothing to get you through the hard times, and Lord have mercy should children be involved.

Have a steamy, hot ass romantic affair or whatever else you must do to feel that love and passion, but do not forsake the blessing of financial security. Plus anyway, love knows no boundaries and just like Elisabeth Whispers hit on, love that is serious should not have requirements. Although extreme, just read the story in the Bible of Hosea's marriage (http://bible.org/seriespage/hosea), this is an example of a seriously real, true love.

Ciao!
DamagePlan is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #55
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3412
My ECCIE Reviews

Hmmm...when I read the original question I did not equate "love" with being "in love." That is, I read it as a question asking if I would essentially downsize for the person or thing that I care about the most, not necessarily the person that I feel I am "in love" with. This makes sense, right?

ANYHOW I guess I'm just asking for it today but my first thoughts went to my recent lifestyle change and how I was influenced by the one I love to make these major decisions.

Lifestyle change=downsizing
The one I love=my higher power 1st, myself 2nd

I recently went through a major overhaul in my lifestyle. No more first class travels, huge fancy home, Gucci and Neimans every other week, massages and facials (at the SPA, pervs! lol) every third week...

It's the old cliche of "do you have hold of your money or does your money have a hold on you?" that really struck me over the head. I evaluated what made me most happy in my life and that was living my life for my higher power and spreading that word, even if it meant taking a pay cut and changing my lifestyle (before you beat me up, yes, I have "day" jobs and yes, I see very few patrons in this area of my life.)

Admittedly, it has been hard. The selfish, once spoiled brat in me comes out every now and again but I must keep true to what my real purpose is here on earth. Sounds like a silly example but just the other week I opted for the "cheapy" aviator sunglasses when my EGO so desired the 500$ ones! I fought that temptation and took my remaining money to donate to the needy and then save for my own future.

If I were to flip the question around to how it was probably meant to be interpreted, that is, changing my lifestyle for someone I felt I was "in love" with, my answer would be yes, but only after spending 2 or more years together living our own lives and lifestyles in separate dwellings. 2 years is the "magic" number to get over relationships--whether getting over one that broke one's heart, or one that stole one's heart. (I think someone else commented on the 2 years here as well.)

On a side note, I live a fairly isolated life as far as the dating realm goes. I do not date in my "civvie" life, only in this little world of ours. And I'm completely satisfied keeping it this way.

Great question!

PS...Kinda' cool to see some of you referring to the Bible lately.
LynetteMarie is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #56
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynetteMarie View Post
No more first class travels, huge fancy home, Gucci and Neimans every other week, massages and facials (at the SPA, pervs! lol) every third week...
In today's paper. Seemed like it was meant to be.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #57
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

It's not "Money is the root of all evil."
It's "the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10)
Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #58
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I thought the lack of money was the root of all evil
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #59
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynetteMarie View Post
Hmmm...when I read the original question I did not equate "love" with being "in love." That is, I read it as a question asking if I would essentially downsize for the person or thing that I care about the most, not necessarily the person that I feel I am "in love" with. This makes sense, right?

ANYHOW I guess I'm just asking for it today but my first thoughts went to my recent lifestyle change and how I was influenced by the one I love to make these major decisions.

Lifestyle change=downsizing
The one I love=my higher power 1st, myself 2nd

I recently went through a major overhaul in my lifestyle. No more first class travels, huge fancy home, Gucci and Neimans every other week, massages and facials (at the SPA, pervs! lol) every third week...

It's the old cliche of "do you have hold of your money or does your money have a hold on you?" that really struck me over the head. I evaluated what made me most happy in my life and that was living my life for my higher power and spreading that word, even if it meant taking a pay cut and changing my lifestyle (before you beat me up, yes, I have "day" jobs and yes, I see very few patrons in this area of my life.)

On a side note, I live a fairly isolated life as far as the dating realm goes. I do not date in my "civvie" life... And I'm completely satisfied keeping it this way.

PS...Kinda' cool to see some of you referring to the Bible lately.
I agree with what you posted Lynette and I highlighted what has special meaning to me. I only post here from time to time due to curiosity. I made a major change in my life a few years ago and I am happy with the peace that passes all understanding that I have now without the ugliness I once had to tolerate. I took a different path in my life and it has been a major blessing to me in more ways than I can possibly count. I downsized my living for a very good reason that most in this realm have no concept of, which is fine for them.

As for dating... been there, done that and don't plan to repeat. I prefer an honest approach and I found the dating world to have just as crazy of people in it as I have found in this world. I just now look around, so to speak, on sites like this and I am glad I am where I am today. Good post Lynette and it seems we have something in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
It's not "Money is the root of all evil."
It's "the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10)
This is so very true but so few people seem to understand it. Does your money own you or do you own your money? Also to whom does it belong because it sure is not from anything you (generic) have done. You cannot serve two masters for you will love the one but hate the other if you try.
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #60
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Don't we all have a higher power in common?
WTF is offline   Quote