Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > ECCIE International > Asia > Japan - Discussions/Reviews
Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35199
Mojojo33117

Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424
Default Onsen Culture

If anyone finds themselves in Japan, I strongly urge you to visit the Onsens.

An Onsen is a public bath house, often fed by natural springs! Now don't cringe with disgust, this is nothing like going to a public swimming pool. The Japanese take this experience very seriously and they're a very hygienic culture. Long before anyone has dipped a toe into one of the baths, they've spent a good hour scrubbing themselves down.

Living in a hectic high pressure culture, they have refined the art of relaxation, ensuring you get as much out of it as possible. The men and women are separated, but there's usually a common area attached, where there's food and drinks available. In the city they're huge building housing games, entertainment and a wide selection of food vendors, some of them follow the Vegas style of presentation. Outside of the city it's smaller, a more personalized feeling, far more rustic.

There are both indoor and outdoor baths. In the countryside you get the mountain mist, the flowers naturally spilling into the pool of water, petals floating by your head.

Each individual bath is a different temperature. People start at the cooler ones and move into hotter and hotter baths as their bodies adjust. When you sit down, the water goes right up to your chin.

When you go into the country sides, there are specialty Onsens. That means the natural spring naturally carries some kind of property, each believed to have theraputic properties. The water might have sulphur (awesome for your skin) Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Carbonate, Iron. I saw one that was an Uranium Onsen, forbidden to preagnant women, and apparently awesome for skin disorders.

If you have tattoos you might have a problem getting into some Onsen's. This is actually a way to keep out organized crimminals. I've seen them turn a blind eye to foreigners with tattoos but this isn't always the case.

Oh and they're all nude. In the common arrias you wear a Yakata, which is like a casual Kimono. However, once segrigated, everyone's naked!

It's civilized and luxurious!
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
seanes
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

A most civilized culture.
seanes is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
runswithscissors
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

yes, it is something to experience. As you stated, the best houses are located in the countryside and highlands. Respectful foreigners are treated very graciously because you have taken the time to travel to seek them out. They do get the giggles watching you attempt the different water temps, I myself have worked my way up to the extreme, and you come out feeling like a noodle! I was rewarded with local sake and a buffet and the company of the owners. You need to be comfortable nude in front of people, but there is no stigma; everyone is treated royally. Thanks for the post!
runswithscissors is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:38 AM   #4
Aceswild
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Anyone ever play golf in Japan- I hear it is quite different than ours. I havent had a reason/excuse to get up to Tokyo yet but hope to sometime soon.
Aceswild is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
easychord24
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Onsens are a MUST if you ever visit Japan. I was lucky enough to live in Japan for 3 and a half years. One of my favorite experiences was going to an onsen in the countryside and bathing on a mountainside with a waterfall right beside the onsen. Another was when I went to an onsen at my hotel in Tokyo, the locals didnt like to bathe alongside a gaijin with a tattoo, so when I stepped in the oyaji's stepped out. A whole onsen to myself! There's nothing like going to an onsen when it's snowing or a cool breeze flowing!
easychord24 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
exoticdanceweardealer
BANNED

Encounters: 4

If I am ever fortunate enough I will visit the Onsens, I will spend plenty of time in the Gaijin/Japanese pickup bars in Shibuya and the red light district is going to be getting a whole new level of business. Onsens are just one of many things I am dying to do there. I hope when I die, I go to Japan, because that is my idea of heaven.
exoticdanceweardealer is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women