Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47442
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 09-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
HoustonMilfDebbie
Account Disabled

User ID: 125890
My ECCIE Reviews
Default By The Way. . . Do We Still have "Freedom of Speech. . . or is that banned too?

By the way, I am not a "communist", just a free thinker

I think I may be banned, so you can reach me at my personal email or just google me. . .see you later alligator!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_1630_ok1_resize (1).jpg (185.1 KB, 428 views)
HoustonMilfDebbie is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
Worldtravler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

It's banned too. Nothing is free anymore.

After awhile crocodile!
Worldtravler is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Freedom of Speech means that you cannot be pursued by the government. It does not apply to a privately owned board. A privately owned board can censor any way it deems fit.

Freedom of Speech also does not imply Freedom from Consequences.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #4
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

As long as you do not violate the rules of icky there is nothing to fear .... How about posting some taint photos ....
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
HoustonMilfDebbie
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
As long as you do not violate the rules of icky there is nothing to fear .... How about posting some taint photos ....
That's called "bribery".
Old 09-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
joesmo888
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

this site has a lot of rules for sure but so does every other site
joesmo888 is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
HoustonMilfDebbie
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmo888 View Post
this site has a lot of rules for sure but so does every other site
Great sales pitch.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:55 AM   #8
sketchball82
Valued Poster

Apparently the ban-hammer has come down.

But a couple thoughts:

1. If this isn't an idle rant, it would probably be better asked in the "A Question of Legality" (or similar) forum below. That's where the lawyers rant and answer these kinds of questions.

2. Freedom of speech is not without limit. There are several categories that are not protected by freedom of speech, such as defamation, obscenity, avocation of committing a crime, fighting words, threats, etc. Further, there are a handful of special circumstances that kick in when your relationship with the government is not strictly citizen-sovereign, such as when you are a guest in the US prison system, are in the military, or when you are a Federal employee, etc. In those circumstances, the government gets special exceptions.

3. As noted above, freedom of speech does not extend to private groups, like eccie.
sketchball82 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #9
Bijou Neko
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 246228
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracePreston View Post
Freedom of Speech means that you cannot be pursued by the government. It does not apply to a privately owned board. A privately owned board can censor any way it deems fit.

So many people seem to not understand this. No privately-run venue is obligated to grant anyone "freedom of speech". It comes down to "their playground, their rules".
Bijou Neko is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #10
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

MILF Debbie does not understand the concept of free speech.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #11
DangedDragon
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonMilfDebbie View Post
By the way, I am not a "communist", just a free thinker
Scratching head...

Since when did communists believe in freedom of speech, freedom of press, the right to peacefully assemble, etc..????

You'd be more correct to say an anarchist.
DangedDragon is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #12
Koontz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracePreston View Post

While this statement is technically true, it is a dangerous road to travel. I advise thinking about the consequences of your Consequences. I must admit, this board is a special circumstance. I am still feeling this thing out, so I don't have a real opinion on censorship here.

However, out there in the regular ole straight world, free speech is all but gone. Sure, you are technically allowed to say what you want. No one is sewing your mouth shut. If you're willing to accept the consequences, speak away. Unfortunately, to live a modern American life, you MUST get money. The most common way to do this is to have a job. Most of us are lucky to have jobs where the employer isn't checking us out to see what we say when we are not at work. That's great, but as soon as your employer takes an interest in what you're saying outside of work, it's over. This interest is increasing around the country, year by year.

Since you have to have money, you have to have that job. If your words mean no job, the words have to go bye-bye. Consequences, right? In my opinion, this is not free speech. When we allow our lives to be shattered by speech used OUTSIDE of the workplace, we have given away free speech. You can do it, but the consequences are too great to do it.

In this same context, if you wanted to be a murderer, you could be. You are free to murder, but there is law against it. The consequences are there. When it comes to free speech, there are no laws against sharing your opinions, but the consequences make it so that you're not truly free to share them. It may be an extreme comparison, and I am in no way condoning murder.

I am simply trying to convey the message that "free speech" with the threat of harsh consequences is not free speech at all. I get consequences.. Really I get it, but please consider the severity when it leads to suppression.

***Maybe this doesn't belong here since I believe y'all are speaking just about free speech on this board, but it's one of my favorite topics so I rant, lol. Sorry!
Koontz is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #13
Guest110516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 12

That's not how freedom of speech was meant to work. It's pretty much there to protect you from the government, not your boss. However, 200+ years ago, more citizens (this distinction might matter) were self-employed. If you want "true" freedom of speech, you are free to be self-employed, but it's probably harder than it was 200+ years ago. Anyway, I've never had the freedom of speech you are writing about, and it certainly doesn't apply to this site. Others have already explained why.
Guest110516 is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #14
Koontz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptywallet View Post
That's not how freedom of speech was meant to work. It's pretty much there to protect you from the government, not your boss. However, 200+ years ago, more citizens (this distinction might matter) were self-employed. If you want "true" freedom of speech, you are free to be self-employed, but it's probably harder than it was 200+ years ago. Anyway, I've never had the freedom of speech you are writing about, and it certainly doesn't apply to this site. Others have already explained why.
That's the thing though. It's more complex than your employer's right. Government and corporations have worked together to push narrative that targets free speech. The pressure trickles down to the little guy. This problem is not from nowhere. Social engineering is a real thing. Don't underestimate money's influence as it leaks down the barrel. Without the social engineering, things would be different.

Maybe it would be worse, lol. Who knows! That depends on what you value more. Peace or freedom.. ?

Either way, I believe this "intended to protect from government" thing has become merely a loophole in free speech. Their effect pours through regardless.
Koontz is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #15
sketchball82
Valued Poster

@Koontz

What? No offense, but you're coming across as a conspiracy theorist meets anarchy-driven devil's advocate.

Nothing ever has or ever will give any person the right to say what you want without consequences. There are even consequences for absolute monarchs and dictators saying inappropriate things, for example slighting another monarch or uttering something as simple as "let them eat cake".

Again no offense, but have you even read the text of what you're discussing?

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
... importantly:

Quote:
Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech... .
That is the totality of the constitutional right. It doesn't say anything about freedom of speech having a right to say what you want without consequences to anyone (i.e., employers). It does not say you can call your boss a dickhead and still except to get respect. It merely states that congress cannot legislate your silence.

To this day, there are no penalties from speaking your mind by statute (i.e., US law) or case law, other than the few (understandable) exceptions I noted above. Therefore, I fail to see how the "government and corporations have worked together to push narrative that targets free speech." The US Code honors the constitution.

There are other rights that I would agree 100% have been eroded by congressional and legislative policy shift, but free speech has not. For example, fourth amendment rights (Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1 (1968); i.e., "Terry frisks") and fifth amendment rights (Salinas v. Texas, 369 S. W. 3d 176 (2013), cert. affirmed-- silence can be used against you before a Miranda warning is given unless 5th amendment is explicitly evoked) have eroded substantially.

Please clarify: what specifically do you think has changed over the last couple hundred years regarding free speech?
sketchball82 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women