Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Business Services
Business Services Use this forum to post on the wide range of business services available to our female members. (Website design, scheduling, photography, etc.) You may advertise your services here or ladies "in need of" business services may post here as well.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 01-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
MagnificMedia
Account Disabled

User ID: 122581
Default I have stumbled...

To whom ever is reading this and read the threads of the last 2 days. I want to say I am sorry.

In the very midst of trying to promote a more unified provider atmosphere especially in the market in which I live I have stumbled ...hell some might say even fallen.

First I apologize to Sami. I have made my points business wise but I should not have personally insulted her. I am sorry I disappointed her both business wise and personally.

Second I apologize to the rest of the ladies who know me and know this is not my usual character. I am sure I have disappointed you. Yes I am strong minded, opinionated person who is passionate about what I do. But I truly believe this business should be dominated by women with character and business savvy. That's why for me to have stumbled and or fallen and behaved the way I did yesterday disappoints ME and I am sure all of you.

Katy A was right to say I was wrong. She's not right in her uninformed opinion of me as a whole, but she was right about that!

There has been much discussion on this board about people who offer services to providers. It seems the general consensus is many are here to screw them over and take advantage. That is not my intention ever but my behavior yesterday didn't bolster that for sure.

Lastly I want to apologize to folks who don't know me and because my actions may cause you not to want to. To that end I would ask that you realize I am human. I make mistakes (alot) but my intentions are in the right place most of the time. Please if you are considering my business services in anyway I ask that you speak to me , and the ladies I do business with and understand that like any business I have some unhappy clients because I did not meet their expectations. It happens in business just as it did with Sami. But it truly is not for a LACK OF TRYING.

All the best in the new year

Tia Thompson
Magnific Media
Old 01-05-2014, 01:02 AM   #2
Sami
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9489
My ECCIE Reviews

Apology means nothing, when you have shown me and many others your Barbaric Business Practices. If one challenges your business ethics you try to smear them. Taking unprofessional pokes at me, only shows your true character, snakes can't hide long. My outfits and I all looked great until, I posted my awful experience here http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=944483 that you contridicted yourself so many times, you now want to back peddle.

Damage is done. I don't see why anyone would do business with you. They have seen what you will do, if they challenge you. God forbid she is young and new. Unfortunately you will try to swoop in before they know any better.

I never one time poked at your appearance, as you said, I will be nice. I was taught not to make fun of people for there size. You have No place woman, None. I outed your business ethics. I am sure Leo is really embarrassed that you continue to drag it along, make another thread. At least she is the stand up one, and admits fault. You have made one disaster after another insult after insult. But hey you can't help it.

Maybe us ladies need to ask that we can have a alert board for Bad Business Practices. We don't deserve to be ripped off or taken advantage of. Which is exactly what you have been doing for along time. Just making a lot of post and New threads to cover it All up, push them down. Until you strike again with your barbaric tactics when one calls you on it.

You really should be ashamed of your actions, but I know better. You can't help yourself.

I would say best of luck, but if this saves 1 lady from you, then she is the lucky one.

Now you have had your say, here is my response. Really try to help yourself, no need to reply. It's done, I'm done.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post

Maybe us ladies need to ask that we can have a alert board for Bad Business Practices.
This really is a good idea, I hope it is one that the owners of eccie will consider.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Glynette
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 148632
My ECCIE Reviews

It's really great that everyone can come into an open forum to share their own personal experiences, without speaking for an non-existent collective, with everyone.

After reading both threads in regard to a regrettable chain of events, I can't say that it has swayed my opinion of Magnific-Media's work ethic, nor did it discourage me from continuing our work together. I have had the luxury of being a recipient of advice, wisdom, generosity, and great design help from both Boudoir Imagery and Magnific-Media. But don't just take my word for it.

I would hope that future ladies looking for services, new or old, would have enough frame of mind to research and choose what business provider would work best for them and not just jump on a bandwagon because of someone else's result. It's wonderful hearing of someone through word of mouth and referrals, but the decision is ultimately the ladies to make, and with as many business providers as there are companions, no one should ever be left out in the cold. The same advice gentlemen receive when selecting a lady should be applied. It's not 100% full proof, and never will be. Our clients understand that and take the risk anyway. As professional companions we should follow that example, and take our money elsewhere in the future if we feel we've had less than stellar service.

Another way of making sure that a business doesn't get free advertising when you are unhappy with their practices and results, is to not make use of that product. Don't give anyone the satisfaction of seeing the results of services you wouldn't recommend by using them in your showcase.

I think that the idea for the bad business practice forum is an ingenious idea. It would serve as the industry's version of a BBB rating.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
guest091214-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 152478
My ECCIE Reviews
Default The END

First off Sami you have gone completely out of line and have forgotten your place as a "classy" provider. Lets keep in mind that your photoshoot was December 1st, also your photos weren't the only photos being worked on from that shoot. So between running a household, paying my own bills, getting ready for Christmas and moving, I did the best I could to get you your photos in a timely manner.
Tia did assist with the editing process of your photos<<<which she received NO MONEY for.

Maybe you can relate what your doing to us to a similar situation you may have been in before...

For Example: client comes in after reading about you and seeing your photos, he laughs with you and talks about his life. When it comes time to get down to business you do your thing but with no luck you can't completely satisfy him to completion. The gentleman leaves happy still but goes and writes a horrendous review and over exaggerates saying mean things like "I thought I was going to see a classy provider but what opened the door was the furthest thing from classy, from her walk to the way she talked" and lets say he wrote more about you and your services and how unhappy he was.

NOW you publicly defaming Tia's character and her business is going to keep her from gaining new clients, kinda like getting a bad review only difference is you put yours for everyone to see. At least when you get a bad review it can be put in the ROS and only members have access to that.

Tia and I have had our differences, yes. BUT that doesn't mean shes a bad person with malicious intent! When I met Tia I really felt like I finally belonged somewhere. She has AMAZING advice, and knowledge about this business that I wanted to take in. I really feel like her marketing techniques are some of the best I've seen. i know she has done extensive research on these boards to get her marketing techniques where they need to be, also I know she attends seminars as well to keep her knowledgeable about new things happening. Lets not forget to mention that this is her lively hood and how she supports her and her mother.

Its extremely selfish of you to post what you posted. I think you Sami are the one with malicious intent here. We both apologized profusely and tried to make you happy but you have gone too far now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post

Damage is done. I don't see why anyone would do business with you.

First off, you never did business with Tia, just ME

I am sure Leo is really embarrassed that you continue to drag it along, make another thread. At least she is the stand up one, and admits fault.

I am embarrassed how ridiculously out of hand this has got, and yes I admit this is MY FAULT no one else.

We don't deserve to be ripped off or taken advantage of. Which is exactly what you have been doing for along time.

Please tell me how you have been ripped off? I was the one you paid not Tia. If anyone got ripped off its ME! You received ALLLLLL of your photos not just the 15 that you signed for. A lot of photographers select the best shots out of the bunch and choose which ones to give you, then the other photos that you like are extra $ which is how I'm suppose to make a living doing photography. Also how do you know anything about Tia and what she has been doing for a long time? I really believe Magnific Media is a great company to choose to do your marketing, websites, or banners.

Sami your expectations were set too high for us to reach, much like the pretend gentleman scenario from above, now we all have lives that we have to get back to.

Again I do apologize that you are unhappy with the output of MY photography skills I have done what I can to make things right but after you started that thread all of our negotiations went out the window, you said your done, well so am I. I hope the photos you did receive are working well for you, but I won't be spending any more of my time on any other photos for you.

Also I wish you the best of luck with Megan Love when she does your next shoot, I look forward to seeing the end result.

Luscious Leo
Old 01-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
Always Belle
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 183475
My ECCIE Reviews
Default The Last Thing You Have Done Is Stumbled

Coming from a customer service background I totally understand Sami's frustration and dissatisfaction in the photography services paid for. You come into a situation with a certain expectation and outcome. Yet when the service is not to your liking what else is there to do but speak up and let fellow providers know what's going on?

In the same breath I feel the need to speak up as well to voice my experience with Magnific Media. MM not only assists with photography services, she makes eye catching and well made advertisements you see on eccie, beautiful website designs, and helps with client screening and verification.

MM covers all the aspects of this industry with great knowledge and care.
Tia does not scam providers. She simply provides a business service to other business minded individuals like myself. Ladies who are new to the industry need Photography, Website and Screening services, as well as advice on how to maintain/grow their business. That is what Magnific Media does. The ladies who do not contact her (as well as perform their due diligence in researching what works best for them) are missing out.

Happy New Year Tia!!!
Thanks to your efforts in Marketing (and a hundred other things) my Texas tour is going better than projected! see you when I get back to Houston.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #7
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

AB presents some excellent points.

I simply do not understand why attempting to resolve a customer service issue did not result with the customer's satisfaction.
This is a basic tenant of any business relationship, as there are numerous vendors available offering the same services, regardless of what the services or products are.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #8
Alyssa XOXO
MILF w/TRUE GRIT!🐕🐶💛

User ID: 191007
Location: Alyssaxoxo2016@hushmail.com I Only Reply To THIS EMAIL/SEE AUTO REPLY 🐕
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Talking

I still have love and faith for you Tia! I couldn't have gotten my start without your assistance and for that, I will always be grateful!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #9
Anna Davis
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 142255
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow I don't even know how to begin. Magnific Media is absolutely great Tia knows what she is doing and is a great friend and a absolutely fabulous business Minded Person. She always has a open ear and great advice. I am very disappointed in your ladies that you would take it that far to try to destroy somebody's rep. I mean what's the Point behind that? If you didn't like the service you got ok fine move on you got everything you asked and more FOR FREE! Maybe you the one who is not photogenic ever thought about that? Anyways I love MM Tia is fabulous she helped me build my name I could not done it without you Tia! Thank you for everything you did for me! I love you and don't let negative People bring you down..
Old 01-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
MagnificMedia
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
AB presents some excellent points.

I simply do not understand why attempting to resolve a customer service issue did not result with the customer's satisfaction.
This is a basic tenant of any business relationship, as there are numerous vendors available offering the same services, regardless of what the services or products are.
Hi carpenter
I appreciate a hobbyist weighing in.... However I feel the need to say. In response to you saying
"I simply do not understand why attempting to resolve a customer service issue did not result with the customer's satisfaction."

I DID EVERYTHING I knew of to try to appease Sami.

She has received every photo taken that day. Yes it took 19 days from the time she got the first ones until she got all of them but that's not unreasonable.
She got more edited photos then agreed to in her written paperwork with the Photographer.
She is using nothing but the photos from that session in her showcase here and is using some including one or two not in her showcase here.

Not to mention Sami wasn't out right solicited by me or Leo the Photographer. Not That it matters but she came for the shoot as a result of her girlfriends referral and satisfaction with her photos. Which I was happy for Leo as I was trying to Help Leo build her business while helping a provider build her's. I make little to no money (as in this case) on the shoots. Typically it's about producing a win win. for both. In this case it has been a loss for Me and Leo. But Sami got everything she paid for and more.
She used an ad I posted in a different thread as an example of what she didn't get, but truth is that ad was for the previous shoot and Sami never contacted me directly. She never spoke to me or Leo prior to showing up. I can bet she never even looked at my website and I know she never asked a single question. So Her expectations were formed simply from a previous ad and what she saw of her friends work.
I never spoke to her nor did Leo until she stepped into my home. Where she sign paperwork explain what to expect with Leo who was providing the paid services. I charged her NOTHING for any services I provided they were gratis and yet she has focused on making sure I don't get any other business. Once again unreasonable I think.

So the reason we did not end up with a satisfied customer in this case is because her expectation are and were unsubstantiated, unreasonable and she refuses to be satisfied.

I am fully aware the basic tenant of business is Customer Satisfaction.

The problem is that sometimes unreasonable people/customers are the customer.

I work with many fine ladies who are not such...

BTW to the ladies who have commented from experience of having done business with me LONG TERM, I appreciate your comments greatly and your continued business.

You are the folks I wake up for day in and day out!
Old 01-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #11
CarolineDavenport
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 141714
My ECCIE Reviews

As a person that knows Sami very well, and has spoken with her about this, I am so terribly offended at how she has been treated by this person, both privately and publicly. Sami and I both went to a lovely photographer in Houston a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time. He took HUNDREDS of photos (600+ photos each), was very patient and LISTENED to what his client wanted, and provided us ALL of the photos on disk before we even left that day. These excuses of how large photo files are and how you couldn't possibly follow through in a timely manner are, to put it as politely as possible, disappointing and inexcusable. If it would have been faster to just put them on a disk and mail it to her, I fail to understand why a professional would not do so.

Cropping the same (or even extremely similar) photo two different ways and calling it two of a 15 photo edit limit is unacceptable and disrespectful. No one would pay for that. The 15 photos should be different and unique.

If all the photographer took was 84 photos... wow. No wonder she didn't end up with enough usable photos.

Excuses about holidays and moves can be and sometimes are understandable and acceptable. However, you cannot force a client to be understanding and accepting of your personal baggage. You're a professional. We all have business to get done during holidays. We do it, and we try not to make excuses.

You "offering" (read: threatening) to post her unedited and edited photos on the board for all to see was alarming and unprofessional. No respect for privacy. Also, putting out there specifically what you edited ("whitened teeth, slimmed down waist and thighs") is also terribly unprofessional and rude. I'd be mortified if a photographer I worked with did something like that. (Though in all fairness, I work with professionals, so that would never happen.)

I understand that you were not the photographer here, Tia, but you did act as an agent, and therefore assume a certain amount of responsibility for what happened between Sami and the photographer. You don't get to say a snarky "you're welcome" or ask for special thanks and appreciation for what you advertised as included in the rate (e.g. the outfits, accessories). And if you offered your place for the photo shoot at no charge, that's also on you. You don't get to make it seem like you did anyone a huge favor afterward. You made a business decision to get the 3 appointments. You made money off your decision (and if you didn't, that's still on you, and maybe you should reevaluate your business). I don't understand why you would be advertising and acting as an agent for this photographer if you aren't getting a cut, as you've said (you got no part of the $150? Really?)

And last, but most important, the personal attacks you launched at Sami were extremely offensive. Calling her a "sow's ear", stating that elegance never walked through your door, correcting her spelling and grammar when you made more than a few glaring mistakes yourself. Would you care for me to point those out? I can. Sami would never ever attack anyone like that personally. Yes, she attacked your business practices because from what I can tell, you deserved it. But the way you attacked her... I can't believe anyone would ever do business with someone who spoke of a client that way, no matter what the client did. Probably the worst public image I've ever seen by a "professional."

After reading through both threads, and listening to Sami's experience with you and your photographer, I don't see where she expected anything more than what ANYONE would expect. I would not have been as understanding and patient as she has been.

In short, if a person is looking for a photographer (or agent) to work with, there are lots and lots of great choices, who have never behaved so reprehensibly toward a client in public. Why would someone ever choose anyone that has? That's just common sense business logic.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
MagnificMedia
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineDavenport View Post
As a person that knows Sami very well, and has spoken with her about this, I am so terribly offended at how she has been treated by this person, both privately and publicly. Sami and I both went to a lovely photographer in Houston a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time. He took HUNDREDS of photos (600+ photos each), was very patient and LISTENED to what his client wanted, and provided us ALL of the photos on disk before we even left that day. These excuses of how large photo files are and how you couldn't possibly follow through in a timely manner are, to put it as politely as possible, disappointing and inexcusable. If it would have been faster to just put them on a disk and mail it to her, I fail to understand why a professional would not do so.

Cropping the same (or even extremely similar) photo two different ways and calling it two of a 15 photo edit limit is unacceptable and disrespectful. No one would pay for that. The 15 photos should be different and unique.

If all the photographer took was 84 photos... wow. No wonder she didn't end up with enough usable photos.

Excuses about holidays and moves can be and sometimes are understandable and acceptable. However, you cannot force a client to be understanding and accepting of your personal baggage. You're a professional. We all have business to get done during holidays. We do it, and we try not to make excuses.

You "offering" (read: threatening) to post her unedited and edited photos on the board for all to see was alarming and unprofessional. No respect for privacy. Also, putting out there specifically what you edited ("whitened teeth, slimmed down waist and thighs") is also terribly unprofessional and rude. I'd be mortified if a photographer I worked with did something like that. (Though in all fairness, I work with professionals, so that would never happen.)

I understand that you were not the photographer here, Tia, but you did act as an agent, and therefore assume a certain amount of responsibility for what happened between Sami and the photographer. You don't get to say a snarky "you're welcome" or ask for special thanks and appreciation for what you advertised as included in the rate (e.g. the outfits, accessories). And if you offered your place for the photo shoot at no charge, that's also on you. You don't get to make it seem like you did anyone a huge favor afterward. You made a business decision to get the 3 appointments. You made money off your decision (and if you didn't, that's still on you, and maybe you should reevaluate your business). I don't understand why you would be advertising and acting as an agent for this photographer if you aren't getting a cut, as you've said (you got no part of the $150? Really?)

And last, but most important, the personal attacks you launched at Sami were extremely offensive. Calling her a "sow's ear", stating that elegance never walked through your door, correcting her spelling and grammar when you made more than a few glaring mistakes yourself. Would you care for me to point those out. I can. Sami would never ever attack anyone like that personally. Yes, she attacked your business practices because from what I can tell, you deserved it. But the way you attacked her... I can't believe anyone would ever do business with someone who spoke of a client that way, no matter what the client did. Probably the worst public image I've ever seen by a "professional."

After reading through both threads, and listening to Sami's experience with you and your photographer, I don't see where she expected anything more than what ANYONE would expect. I would not have been as understanding and patient as she has been.

In short, if a person is looking for a photographer (or agent) to work with, there are lots and lots of great choices, who have never behaved so reprehensibly toward a client in public. Why would someone ever choose anyone that has? That's just common sense business logic.
Caroline
For you to say she didn't make it personal that's not true.

Also you know her... you don't know me and to sum me up all based on my stumble here after a surprise attack is unfair. I have apologized for my unprofessional ism.
I meant it.

But where my business is concerned and how it transpired with Sami I offer no apology..... I don't feel one is appropriate. Am I sorry she is unhappy sure ....BUT

Sami got Everything she paid for and more.

It took ONLY a few weeks to work it out and I thought all along I was the one who tried to work it out. Apparently Sami was playing Leo and I against each other. Contact me and say one thing then her and saying another.

Furthermore it could seem to some that although she signed paperwork before shooting which stated what she was getting (which did not include all her photos) she played Leo and I against each other until she got exactly what she wanted then chose to blast us. All because she didn't do her due diligence. She hoped in car with a friend and came to do a shot never speaking or exchanging an email text or a tweet with me or the photographer. She signed paperwork but apparently didn't read it.

As for being her agent Euphemia who told her about the shot and who called me to say she was coming along could be called the same.
I might be an agent to Euphemia since she and I have been working together on several marketing projects, including her new photos, but I have no idea what Sami was told in order to get her to come to Houston. DON"T misunderstand I am not saying that Euphemia said anything wrong I am saying calling me Sami's agent and yet I never spoke to her exchanged any money with her or was compensated in anyway along with not doing any marketing for her with her or any other way doesn't make me her agent. Where sami was concerned I was a lady who let her use my stuff, and my home...thats it.
You say potato I say pototo....etc..

Because after she was here and we had become friendly{ there's even a post on here where she stated she enjoyed every minute, it was worth the drive ect, ect} I offered to help Leo with edits because she had alot on her plate. I sent leo the edited pics She expressed an unhappiness So I tried to fix it. That's me a fixer...So that is truly when Sami and I became conjoined. So I tried to help..Shame on me..

Some days passed ...Every time a concession was made to Sami to try to appease her by me or then Leo she said she was ok with that including when Leo took the photo of her sitting on the floor and placed in a background. I thought that when she had gotten ALL of the photos and 5 more touched up photos on Dec 29th she was happy. I even still thought she was getting her money back from Leo. I was going to return it when Leo came to Houston and gave it to me JUST AS SAMI had asked. I even explained when she ask me to retrieve it that it would likely be after the Holidays.

Then on Jan 3 when she blasted Leo, Myself and Our Businesses saying we had given her the run around, it was bait and switch, I was Illiterate and saying Leo and I had played the blame game to get out of giving her what she paid for. The only thing she had not gotten that I knew of was her money back.

I wasn't aware that she and Leo had been working it out. I wasn't aware that Leo had done the other photo and sent her some others. According to Leo and I believe her Sami was ecstatic and very happy when she got the edited photo on the pretend bed. All was resolved Leo thought. If I had been her AGENT why wasn't she calling me or emailing me????

Not Knowing they were talking and even though Sami had signed the paperwork BEFORE her shoot I insisted Leo give me all the photos to give to Sami because that was what the ad said ( and that was a misunderstanding between Leo and I) So Leo did and I sent them to Sami... ON Dec 29th

I sent them to Sami along with 5 more edited photos 19 days after she expressed her unhappiness.

Moves and Holidays especially ones like Christmas and New Year where family is all around Do detour this type business, hell all types of busineses in many ways. Those are not excuse they are facts. It wasn't like she had NO photos from the shoot she just didn't have all her unedited ones and she wanted a few more of the red dress and less of the lingerie according to what she told me. She is in possession of those things and was for 5 days before Deciding to blast us. I never got an email after sending, or a phone call so I had no way of knowing this was to be the result. As for as I knew things were fine. She and I's last convo wasn't heated or ugly. So Imagine my surprise.

You and she can harp on one photo being cropped and call it 2 all day. But The women received 80 + unedited photos and 20 edited photos. She signed an agreement for 15 edited and NO unedited.

Seriously if you think every Photog takes 600 pics then you are sadly mistaken. 80 to 100 I am told is the norm. for 3 outfit changes and some of those aren't given for reasons like the subject blinked, something was off ect.

Not everything I said was meant as a slap to Sami. Teeth whitening, tattoo removal and slimming to a some degree is almost always done...along with smoothing skin so as to not show scars, cellulite and bruises.
. As for offering to post unedited and edited it was meant to say I can prove she is lying about what she received. I would never out anyone. EVER. her face would have easily been cropped.

So as much as I respect your opinion and your thoughts I don't think you have the full picture.Certainly my unprofessional ism for which I have apologized was bad but truthfully That aside I don't know what else Leo or I could have done.. I also understand she is your friend and standing up for her is good. ....even if she is/was wrong.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #13
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

All I can do is post from a purely neutral point of view, since I wasn't part of and don't know the situation. None us except Sami, MM, and LL do.

I have worked with Tia, who has always been solicitous, honest, and respectful, even when we didn't agree, and yes, there have been times. I didn't like most of my photos from a brief session with her OLD photographer, but I've ended up using one shot to good advantage. She tried to get me to advertise on Eros for some time, and not being familar with that venue and what I, at the time, though was excessive cost, I didn't like that idea, or her posting an ad on my behalf to get it started, but it's turned out to be quite beneficial financially. She has a forceful personality, and so do I. Being the spirited, stubborn, and creatively prideful wench that I am, I prefer to do my own advertising, website, arrange my own "candid" photos, and basically be responsible for my own stupidity or splendor. I haven't always seen eye-to-eye with her on presentation, but am grateful for the directions she has pointed me in that I hadn't considered before, for the help she's been in technical aspects I had very little knowledge of, and for always being a friendly shoulder with another viewpoint in a competitive world.

From a management standpoint in an industry that relies heavily on appearance, suggestions as to how to improve such are not unwarranted, but they can be ignored just fine if so chosen. Regarding photographers, well, they are possessive of "their" creations, and what they want to cut and fiddle with and leave alone and send out and how many will be negotiable and perhaps not always agreeable unless conditions are expressly stated otherwise. EVERYTHING has to be in writing, and I have been guilty of having expectations that were not met because I was not crystal clear on what I wanted.

Perhaps Tia has "stumbled," as she calls it, in handling some aspect, but so do we all from time to time. I think she means only the best for her clients. She is a strong proponent of providers as a whole, and has done a lot of good in organizing and educating ladies un-reimbursed or at a loss. As MagnificMedia, she has turned some escorts' professional portrayals from modest to amazing with simple-to-elegant portfolios and web presences.

However, despite the best of intentions (and I say this as someone also experienced in non-Hobby white collar customer service), business arrangements often don't work out, balls are dribbled or dropped on both sides, miscommunication turns into stalemate, personalities clash, tempers blast off, conflicts go into nuclear blowout, and nobody is happy. MM has ample defenders to show the successes, but every endeavor has failures, too. I think this situation has escalated beyond the ability to be worked out.

It's too bad the negotiations couldn't have come to a better, and more clarified, denouement. The scales of good and bad will have to be weighed by others as time goes by. Unless Sammi, MM, and LL are willing to post all relevant signed contracts and communication (not advisable in any way) to be reviewed by we unqualified masses, I'm not sure what else of benefit to any of the 3 parties can be added to THIS thread?
Old 01-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #14
CarolineDavenport
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 141714
My ECCIE Reviews

A few things.

I call BS on Sami playing you two against each other. She is one of the most honest people I've ever met, and one of the few who has the very lovely quality of never having ulterior motives. She wears her thoughts and intentions on her sleeve and I've never witnessed her behave otherwise. I think the problem is the obvious communication breakdown between you and your photographer. You cannot step back and say "I had no dealings with her" when YOU placed the ad about the photo shoot, therefore establishing yourself as a, what, middle man? Agent? I'm unclear on why you're even advertising photographers.

Also, regardless of what Sami signed (and here is where I think she messed up, as I would never sign an agreement that stated I didn't have full and sole rights to the photos), YOUR ad stated "and you get all your pics for later edits" so YOU had an obligation to follow through with that. 29 days after the shoot is a LONG time to wait for any of her photos.

Every photographer I've EVER worked with took a minimum of 600+ photos during the shoot, often many, many more. Whoever is telling you that less than that is standard is just lazy, or doesn't actually know what they are doing. Any professional photographer will tell you that it takes dozens of shots to get one usable one. *shrug* Maybe I work with people who have higher standards for their business.

You're missing the point. Yes, every photographer makes standard edits to pictures. They do NOT list publicly what they did to those pictures to try to shame someone. They also do not threaten to post the unedited versions just to be mean and spiteful.

Also, it DOES seem to me (from her side of the story, of course) that you two have given her the run around. You make all these statements about what's been offered her (e.g. the dress (huh?), her money back, a make up shoot) and yet I see no follow through on these things. You can't say "Well I offered this!" if there's been no real attempt to actually provide it. Are you telling me that you (or your photographer) have extended your hands with her money in them and she refused to take it? If not, then you are not following through on that claim, and therefore should not bring it up in public as if it makes everything okay. And she never called you illiterate. She suggested that the ad READ that way. Let's not get overly sensitive when NOTHING she has said was even HALF as insulting as the insults you hurled her way.

The fact that you put up an apology for your public behavior, but are STILL making the same excuses and accusations truly makes the apology ring false. You just realized that you showed an ugly face and are trying to do damage control... badly. An apology of this type comes with humility, regret, and a willingness to help the client find satisfaction. You are still just trying to call her unreasonable and defend your position. How do you consider that any sort of apology? Just seems like PR damage control lip service to me...
Old 01-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #15
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

The one thing I am curious about, with no insult meant to LusciousLeo as I do not know how much experience he has with professional photography, boudoir shooting, and working with live models, is why so few photos were taken? I agree with Ms. Davenport that most shoots are comprised of hundreds of photos in numerous poses and outfits for not much more than a handful of galley proofs. Is it because of the price point? If $150 is what was actually charged and paid, that is a ridiculously low fee for a portfolio, but a bargain for a few usable ad pics. Did Sami and LL have a signed contract specifying she receive 15 unretouched, uncropped, individual galley proofs of HER choice by a certain deadline? (Btw, from what I've seen, pretty nice shots for the price. Telling ya, $150 is dirt cheap.)

This is putting all parties in a bad light. Discussing details of a transaction gone south in a public forum is never a good idea. Really, everybody go away and stop accusing each other of anything and move it along. Done. Over. Better day and play tomorrow.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women