Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40435
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2024, 04:05 AM   #1
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default NYC by the numbers - YO!

A couple of related articles talking about the issues in NYC. This does not include the Commercial Real Estate fiascos they have going on, mentioned in another thread.

Seems that even though they are out of dough, they have to increase their policing to save the citizens from eating each other or something. All without a solvent budget. BTW: Anyone else recollect the "Defund The Police" pledges of yesteryear? Go figure

Military State: Gov. Hochul to Deploy National Guard to Combat New York City Subway Crime
by Anthony Scott Mar. 6, 2024 3:20 pm

1,000 NYPD officers
+ 750 National Guard
+ 250 State Troopers
+ ??? MTA officers

NYPD Transit Chief Michael Kemper revealed that arrests in the NYC subway system are up 45% from 2023.

And then there s this bit of budgetary chicanery:
(Originally sourced from The NY Post?)

NYC’s red ink is much worse than advertised, so why is Mayor Adams nixing cuts?
Quote:
Mayor Adams is playing hero again, canceling a round of spending cuts set for April.

Major mistake, when the city’s fiscal outlook is far worse than his budgets admit.

A new Citizens Budget Commission report warns that under the mayor’s budget, the city won’t have nearly enough cash to keep current programs and services going — even if it somehow manages to close the looming multibillion gaps the plan acknowledges.

Indeed, it says the red ink for the next four years is billions higher than advertised.

So why did Adams just cancel more cuts? And after nixing other belt-tightening moves earlier?

Turns out, even Hizzoner’s supposedly balanced $109.4 billion plan for Fiscal 2025, which begins July 1, is $3.6 billion shy of what’s needed for current services, the CBC reports.

And the gaps grow worse after that: The four-year deficit that Adams & Co. pegs at an alarming $16.3 billion is actually an unthinkable $31.2 billion, nearly twice as much..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjz6l_4MqHM

The chite be bubbling up!

Q) Where is Snake Pliskin when you need him?
A) I thought he was dead.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 05:20 AM   #2
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

NYMurdoch
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 05:54 AM   #3
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default So sorry for his loss. NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
NYMurdoch
Why Donald Trump’s Super Tuesday win is a defeat for Rupert Murdoch
Quote:
New York CNN —

Donald Trump just defeated Rupert Murdoch (again).

With Nikki Haley exiting the presidential race, the twice-impeached, four-time indicted, insurrection-inciting former president has vanquished the field of Republican Party challengers to secure unbridled control over the GOP.

That’s an outcome that Murdoch, the billionaire media mogul and one-time Republican kingmaker who controls Fox News, had hoped to avoid. Murdoch has privately leveled harsh criticism against Trump. And after the 2020 election, he even wrote in an email to a Fox News executive, disclosed during litigation with Dominion Voting Systems, “We want to make Trump a non person.”

While Fox News never completely turned on Trump and blasted the election-denying president with its full might, the network did without question give him the cold shoulder as it flirted with other candidates in the Republican field over the last few years, most notably Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Fox News eagerly propped up DeSantis post-2020, all while effectively blacklisting Trump for a time. Murdoch’s tabloid The New York Post even once declared DeSantis “DeFUTURE.” That was no accident...
Old 03-07-2024, 06:10 AM   #4
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Did you understand my post, amigo?
Old 03-07-2024, 03:32 PM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
A couple of related articles talking about the issues in NYC. This does not include the Commercial Real Estate fiascos they have going on, mentioned in another thread.

Seems that even though they are out of dough, they have to increase their policing to save the citizens from eating each other or something. All without a solvent budget. BTW: Anyone else recollect the "Defund The Police" pledges of yesteryear? Go figure

Military State: Gov. Hochul to Deploy National Guard to Combat New York City Subway Crime
by Anthony Scott Mar. 6, 2024 3:20 pm

1,000 NYPD officers
+ 750 National Guard
+ 250 State Troopers
+ ??? MTA officers

NYPD Transit Chief Michael Kemper revealed that arrests in the NYC subway system are up 45% from 2023.

And then there s this bit of budgetary chicanery:
(Originally sourced from The NY Post?)

NYC’s red ink is much worse than advertised, so why is Mayor Adams nixing cuts? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjz6l_4MqHM

The chite be bubbling up!

Q) Where is Snake Pliskin when you need him?
A) I thought he was dead.
Back in 2020 when Senator Tom Cotton suggested using the National Guarge to curb crime, he was called a racist. The likened it to Hitler’s Storm Troopers.

I guess since it is now a Democrat doing it, it’s ok.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 08:05 AM   #6
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Did you understand my post, amigo?
I'm sure it made sense to you. But whether it was marketing brilliance or obtuse is yet to be known. I suspect you would need to start a separate polling thread, as you can't embed on in an existing thread. Since it's Lend-a-Hand Friday, I'll sketch a framework for you:

Take the OP post along with your response and ask these two question:
1) Was the response based on Marketing-101 principles, sufficient to get the masses to beat a path to your door

2) Obtuse

Get back to us with the results. Meanwhile, we'll enjoy the slow burn of NYC and try to count the survivors.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:45 PM   #7
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Snarkasm will get you nowhere. But you sure speak the language like a woke kid at SXSW. Good job!

Ps - you get your bracelet yet?
Old 03-09-2024, 03:41 AM   #8
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
...Ps - you get your bracelet yet?
Nah. I haven't gone in years, but I do get vicarious updates from me peeps that are big in to it. Sometimes we later go to shows of some of the up and coming artists that they originally saw at SXSW.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:03 AM   #9
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

First y'all bitching and complaining about defunding the police.

Now you ranting about having too much.

Will y'all make up your mind?!?!
Precious_b is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women