Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70397
biomed160372
Yssup Rider59877
gman4452895
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47461
pyramider46370
bambino40289
CryptKicker37069
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35232
Mojojo33117

Old 03-15-2020, 04:16 AM   #1
tinman483
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39
Default Over population?

I haven't seen them, but where are/is the over population nuts celebrating this corona virus thing?
tinman483 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #2
Tobor the 8th Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 11

What do you mean by overpopulation nuts?
Tobor the 8th Man is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:34 AM   #3
Lester Krinklesac
BANNED

Raises hand... Darwin rules.
If you’re too weak to survive flu like symptoms maybe the game should be over.
Lester Krinklesac is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
RetiredSubmariner
Valued Poster

I believe that population-density drives these pandemics.

I breed pigs. My wife and I attend various USDA sponsored events on swine health and management. Whenever you confine lots of pigs in a small room, their diseases multiply. This quickly requires antibiotics to keep the animals healthy enough to be slaughtered.

We own 150-acres of forest, and our pigs free-range within the woods of our property.

At these swine health conferences they always tell us that for each disease being discussed, we need not worry. Because since our pigs live in low population-density, and they get plenty fresh air and sunlight, very few diseases should ever happen here.

The town where we live has a population-density of 10 people per square-mile.

There are cities where people 'live' with over ten-thousand people per square-mile. Those are places that breed disease.
RetiredSubmariner is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 05:19 PM   #5
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Overpopulation?
Earths resources being consumed at exponential rate last few centuries.
Population increase at a heavy rate
And, the wealthy guys going for non-earth resources cause they see it coming.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:22 AM   #6
tinman483
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Ok 'tobor'. What are you referring to; That they are nuts? Or the 'overpopulation crowd" ?
tinman483 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:44 AM   #7
Holedriller
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 10

Sub, I agree with you. Our environmental regulatory framework and concentration of jobs by tax incentives is creating what I call "forced urbanization". With the concentration of any species, diseases are much more prolific.
Holedriller is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #8
GCW
Registered Member

Encounters: 2

Human overpopulation is only one contributing factor. Habitat destruction, global warming, confined animal feeding operations, factory farms, eating exotic wild animals (bats!!), greed, lack of planning, lack of education, political leadership (or lack there of) and others, are all among the factors leading to pandemics. We've always had periodic pandemics throughout our history including the bubonic plague (1300s), Spanish flu (1918-1920), and several others. Just do a Google search on "Pandemics". CNN also has an excellent documentary on the subject "Unseen Enemy:Pandemic". Stay safe and stay healthy!!
GCW is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:38 AM   #9
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner View Post
I believe that population-density drives these pandemics.

I breed pigs. My wife and I attend various USDA sponsored events on swine health and management. Whenever you confine lots of pigs in a small room, their diseases multiply. This quickly requires antibiotics to keep the animals healthy enough to be slaughtered.

We own 150-acres of forest, and our pigs free-range within the woods of our property.

Wow,
free-range pigs. Does the Department of Conservation allow you to have hunters come onto your property to hunt those wild pigs, or do the have to have a big swine capture trap so the can kill them all.

In Missouri the regulations have changed; we used to be told to shoot any wild pig on sight, now the MO Dept of Conservation wants to put out the capture traps themselves so they get them all at one time.
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:04 PM   #10
RetiredSubmariner
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
Wow,
free-range pigs. Does the Department of Conservation allow you to have hunters come onto your property to hunt those wild pigs, or do the have to have a big swine capture trap so the can kill them all.
My pigs are not 'wild' pigs.

My breeding boars are 'large black' that normally run 800 to 900 pounds.

My sows are 'Berkshires' that normally run 300 to 400 pounds.

They all love to have their bellies rubbed, and behind their ears rubbed.

These breeds are not generally susceptible to the 'boar taint' virus, so they usually do not have the strong odor that tainted pigs have.

We butcher for ourselves, and we haul pigs to a USDA licensed processing facility to hand all the pork that we market.

I have never had a need to 'trap' them, I guess when they load onto a livestock trailer they are sort of trapped.

I have never had a need to 'kill them all'. That would kind of stop the breeding business.

When my boars are under 100-pounds I put a chest harness on them and take them out for daily walks. So they are well socialized to being with me.
RetiredSubmariner is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:57 PM   #11
mtabsw
Edge Toy

Encounters: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman483 View Post
I haven't seen them, but where are/is the over population nuts celebrating this corona virus thing?
I doubt anyone is seriously cheering the virus on for some kind of Thanos quest or old testament kind of vengeance for the unworthy or non-believers. But I could be wrong.

Over the course of human history, periodic natural disasters, deadly pandemics (look up Black Plague) and of course lots of wars, have all served to periodically thin the herd.

Whether this Covid19 thing does or not remains to be seen.
mtabsw is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:19 PM   #12
burkalini
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

we have over 600,000 people already dead this season from the flu worldwide and about 4000 from covid19. I don't think covid is a herd thinner yet
burkalini is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women