Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70394
biomed160366
Yssup Rider59873
gman4452887
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47460
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37069
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35221
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33
Default This is not about guns. This is about ammunition...

I'll just say this progressive Democrat is retarded (is that redundant?) and leave it at that:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2Mqbo9rf0

Want to buy ammo? You have to take an anger management class first. And then again every ten years.

Key quote:
---------------------------------------------------
“This is not about guns," Gibson said. "This is about ammunition and not only for the safety of the general community, but also for the safety of law enforcement.”
----------------------------------------------------
Hey, if it's about ammo, not guns, then I guess there are no 2nd Amendment gun control problems, right?

It is PRESUMED you have anger issues. Got that? Even if you are buying replacement ammo for your target practice hobby.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
I'll just say this progressive Democrat is retarded (is that redundant?) and leave it at that:

Want to buy ammo? You have to take an anger management class first. And then again every ten years.

Key quote:

“This is not about guns," Gibson said. "This is about ammunition and not only for the safety of the general community, but also for the safety of law enforcement.”

Hey, it it's about ammo, not guns, then I guess there are no 2nd Amendment gun control problems, right?

It is PRESUMED you have anger issues. Got that? Even if you are buying replacement ammo for your target practice hobby.
Yep.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

Key quote:
Hey, if it's about ammo, not guns, then I guess there are no 2nd Amendment gun control problems, right?

Thats enough to piss me off right there.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

thats pretty fucked up ... what about cops and everyone in LE with anger management problems?

yep x 2
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
thats pretty fucked up ... what about cops and everyone in LE with anger management problems?

yep x 2
Well Police Depts have the means to monitor their own. If it is evident that an Officer is having emotional issues. If his issues warrant taking his duty weapon he/she is given a desk assignment while going through anger management therapy. Can't do that with civilians. They'll just be denyed the purchase of a firearm and or ammo. Of course if an officer has firearms at his residence not issued by the Dept. they won't retrieve those. Our 2nd Amendment rights are slowly being compromised not by force but by stealth.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Well, notwithstanding ExNYer's hardy-de-har-har "witty" remark, anger management classes may be a bit much and assumes a biased position worthy of most Teawipetards. But, I wouldn't have a problem with a gun safety course every five years that also included portions of the concealed carry class dealing with legal issues involved in what a world of shit descends when you shoot someone. I know, it's not as big of a world of shit if you get hurt or killed not defending yourself - everyone knows that, so let's not get off on that stupid-ass tangent.

Several professions, including teachers as well as lawyers and more, require continuing education on a yearly basis in order to keep certifications. And, given how some of these freaking soccer moms and other yay-whoooos drive around the DFW Metroplex, I'd have to say a drivers' ed/safety course every few years wouldn't hurt, either.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #7
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I went to Cabelas today. There were a couple of empty shelves for weapons and lots of empty shelves for ammunition. FYI, our local maker of ammunition for the government Lake City Munitions is laying people off for some reason. Anyway, I had a thought a couple of weeks ago that is bearing fruit. Only some ammunition is hard to get; .223, .38, .357, 9 mm, .45 ACP, .308, etc. My idea is to buy a new rifle in a caliber that no one seems to own. Ammunition is plentiful for .243, .35 Roberts, 7 mm, .338, 7 mm-08. There is also a shortage on reloading brass in the above calibers.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I went to Cabelas today. There were a couple of empty shelves for weapons and lots of empty shelves for ammunition. FYI, our local maker of ammunition for the government Lake City Munitions is laying people off for some reason. Anyway, I had a thought a couple of weeks ago that is bearing fruit. Only some ammunition is hard to get; .223, .38, .357, 9 mm, .45 ACP, .308, etc. My idea is to buy a new rifle in a caliber that no one seems to own. Ammunition is plentiful for .243, .35 Roberts, 7 mm, .338, 7 mm-08. There is also a shortage on reloading brass in the above calibers.
Why would you want to buy a rifle in an unpopular caliber?

True, commonly used ammunition may at this time be in short supply, but that's not generally the case. And even more to the point, if there are prolonged ammunition shortages, the lowest priority for producers and distributors will be fulfilling the limited future demand from users of weapons that chamber those unpopular calibers. Once dealers sell out of the less common ammo, it may become harder and harder to find it.

You need to consider availabilty of ammo over the long haul. In virtually every industry, producers and distributors go where the numbers are.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Well the price of .338 doesn't seem to be changing as much. It is also a potent round and not that unusual. So today, and tomorrow you can get ammo. It is also cheaper than 7 mm Weatherby rounds.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #10
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Shhhhhh! CaptainMidnight, don't give ol' Corneyhole any ideas. He's such a brilliant thinker, let him figure it out for himself. I'm sure it will work out for him like his "thoughts" work out for us.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
CJ7
Valued Poster

typical tea party logic ... buy a gun I cant get ammo for so I can bitch about the government hoarding ammo ..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

Quote:
FYI, our local maker of ammunition for the government Lake City Munitions is laying people off for some reason.
It's called factory modernization. With the upgrades to the factory, they require less people to produce the same amount of product. Kind of like what has been happening all through the manufacturing environment in the US over the last couple of decades or so.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/06...voluntary.html

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city...z/-/index.html
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #13
Roothead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

the crazys need to get even crazier ideas, just to get some press and to show the folks back home that he/she is out there working for them.....politicians these days are nothing more than ugly reality show cast members - doing what they can to stay relevant
Roothead is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #14
timpage
Account Disabled

If Lake City is laying people off, it has to be because of the sequester. Wow. You got a cite JD? That's crazy. Aren't they the primary government ammunition plant?

Quote:
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
If Lake City is laying people off, it has to be because of the sequester. Wow. You got a cite JD? That's crazy. Aren't they the primary government ammunition plant?
Tim, I just addressed the issue previously. Factory modernization. See my previous post and maybe read one of the articles. Nothing to do with the sequester.

Guess I missed the sarcasm tag.
chefnerd is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women