Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Mississippi > The Sandbox-Mississippi
The Sandbox-Mississippi The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 09-10-2017, 11:10 PM   #1
Sexi Sophia
Account Disabled

User ID: 368733
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Weird question

So lately I have been watching scary movies.. and for those of you who know me, know that i am a sissy when it comes to them. But I am tough and stuff and despite the nightmares that follow, I am trying, lol. I was watching Ammityville Horror when I got to wondering.. why there is a law that you have to disclose a death in a home to potential buyers? I understand its morbid and weird, and I damn sure want to know myself about something like that. but what the hell even happen in the first place to make such a law? I kinda believe in ghosts, but what particular incident based on facts rather than belief had occcured? I actually looked it up and found a site which discloses events in said address so that buyers are aware. And the laws are outrageous to me.. But my point is, despite the fact that its weird.. I wonder on what event this law was passed. People are crazy and come up with wild stories about hearing voices which is widley known or thought of as non sense.. so why is it a law?? Did you know that after 3 years of a death in a home, they arent obligated to disclose that information unless asked directly. Not only that but it effects property value and is set in a stigmatism from that point on after an event that is based purely out of nonsense as a common belief as far as paranormal concerns are particularly the case. Maybe I am thinking too hard about it, just a thought though because its weird right?? Brings a even weirder question to mind, How many people actually believe in ghosts? I suppose different cultures could believe things like this, which is a big thing to consider. But most of it comes from the movies.. which is also bananas to me actually. Yet, I do myself have nightmares about whatever I am watching.
Sexi Sophia is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
coast_encounter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I am curious about what the law is ? Are you talking about disclosing a house where someone simply died or where someone was murdered ? I can see why someone may want to know if there was a murder (mass murder in the Amityville Horror case). I would think that would need to be disclosed for a few reasons.

1. property value
2. resale value
3. Notoriety (People like to visit famous crime scene places) That may deter some people from purchasing such a place if they value their privacy.

However if someone just died I am not sure why that would need to be disclosed unless they were in there for a long time and it caused some sort of toxic condition that may also affect the property value. Interesting post though. Hopefully some others can weigh in on this.
coast_encounter is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
Sexi Sophia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I meant home where someone died, or murdered. I suppose I answered my own question. It has more to do with the stigmatism than anything else. My point was paranormal factors. I did some research though, where the new owners of a home ended up suing and winning because a seller didnt disclose deaths that had previously occured in the home. My point is.. why? Why was it such a big deal unless they believed the house was haunted. Ghosts are commonly believed to be non sense. And yet there is a law in place for this. The law is that you have to disclose information like that, no matter the event that resulted in a death to the potiential buyers. But.. only if the death was within three years. If more than 3 years, they dont have to unless asked directly. That just seems bizzare. People die everyday, why is it such a big deal.. unless its is soley based on paranormal beliefs? How many people actually believe in ghosts?
Old 09-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #4
Road Lizard
BANNED

Encounters: 33

It's part of Full Disclosure laws, that's all.
Road Lizard is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #5
Sexi Sophia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I kinda figured that out after I said all that. But still.. the paranormal factor remains a mystery to me.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #6
coast_encounter
Valued Poster

Question How many people believe in ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexi Sophia View Post
I meant home where someone died, or murdered. I suppose I answered my own question. It has more to do with the stigmatism than anything else. My point was paranormal factors. I did some research though, where the new owners of a home ended up suing and winning because a seller didnt disclose deaths that had previously occured in the home. My point is.. why? Why was it such a big deal unless they believed the house was haunted. Ghosts are commonly believed to be non sense. And yet there is a law in place for this. The law is that you have to disclose information like that, no matter the event that resulted in a death to the potiential buyers. But.. only if the death was within three years. If more than 3 years, they dont have to unless asked directly. That just seems bizzare. People die everyday, why is it such a big deal.. unless its is soley based on paranormal beliefs? How many people actually believe in ghosts?
Great question. There are so many mysteries in the world. The pyramids, Bermuda Triangle. Bigfoot, Ghosts, etc. I am not sure but there are a lot of unexplained things that happen. Science attempts to answer some of the questions but many times I think that they just have to say we do not know either. Mankind has been asking the big questions ever since the dawn of time. Why are we here? What happens to us after we die? Are we reincarnated or do we just go into blackness ? I wish I knew the answers but hopefully there is something more than just what happens on our short time on earth.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #7
mississippifunguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

LOTS of Bigfoot reports throughout the US. There's actually alot of reports here in MIssissippi
mississippifunguy is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:26 PM   #8
Sexi Sophia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Thats exacly my point.. we don't know what actually happens. Its intriguing to say the least. Especially when there are laws about such things based upon mostly nonsense to most people's beliefs. Most likely we all chalk it up to science or thinking we are going bat shit, lol. Personally, I lost my daughters dad two years ago and I am convinced he's still around.. bein a dick.. hahaha. Its absurd to think we know when none of us do. Maybe thats the answer. Or just straight up better safe than sorry scenario, haha. As far as the rest, like Bermuda triangle and the pyramids, we'll never know.. thats just one of those things where you can look the facts and occurances and make sense of any of it. I dont know if I make any sense but, I am bad at explaining what I mean.

There's bigfoot sightings in ms?? What?? Lol..
Old 09-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #9
coast_encounter
Valued Poster

Old 09-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #10
Sexi Sophia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Hahahaha..
Old 09-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #11
tattooeddragon
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

There is no federal law requiring this, so it comes down to individual states. You can get a good feel for the issue here: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...eath-here.html

For MS: Not required unless it affects the material value of the house. Example would be a meth lab fire that killed someone, but mostly due to the hazardous chemicals from the meth lab and not the killing.

§ 89-1-527. Failure to disclose nonmaterial fact regarding property as site of death or felony crime, as site of act or occurrence having no effect on physical condition of property, or as being owned or occupied by persons affected or exposed to certain diseases; failure to disclose information provided or maintained on registration of sex offenders (1) The fact or suspicion that real property is or wasa) The site of a natural death, suicide, homicide or felony crime (except for illegal drug activity that affects the physical condition of the property, its physical environment or the improvements located thereon);(b) The site of an act or occurrence that had no effect on the physical condition of the property, its physical environment or the improvements located thereon;(c) Owned or occupied by a person affected or exposed to any disease not known to be transmitted through common occupancy of real estate including, but not limited to, the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS);does not constitute a material fact that must be disclosed in a real estate transaction. A failure to disclose such nonmaterial facts or suspicions shall not give rise to a criminal, civil or administrative action against the owner of such real property, a licensed real estate broker or any affiliated licensee of the broker.
tattooeddragon is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #12
Sexi Sophia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Oh.. well.. there ya go. Lol. Thanks. Guess I read too much into it then.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:26 PM   #13
tattooeddragon
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

If you are selling house, I would recommend getting a real estate lawyer. Most down here just end up using nothing but a real estate agent. You get more bang for your buck finding your own listings to view and have the documents set up PROPERLY by an actual bar-admitted lawyer instead of some agent that will tell you anything you want to hear to get a commission.
tattooeddragon is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #14
Sexi Sophia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I will be buying one but not anytime soon. I just thought it was an interesting topic.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #15
kiki2012
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 140459
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Sofia I'm also a sissy when it comes to horror movies cause I get nightmares ! I tried to watch exorcism of emily rose the other day, nope! Lol I don't get the hype about the new 'it' movie lol. I guess I get a bad feeling even I know its fake but knowing that some of it actually does happen in real life. But yet I love Dexter show!! But cause he only tortures , slices up bad people. LOL and as for ghosts I saw 1 when I was 10 and remember every detail.
kiki2012 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women