Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #16
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post

That is what the Founding Fathers intended. As originally conceived, the senate’s job was to inhibit whimsical, sudden change and allow time for proper consideration. The 17th Amendment, while well intentioned, has had unintended consequences. It should now be repealed to reestablish true federalism.
(17th amendment established Senate elections by the populace) Nah, the electoral college already screws things up; last thing we need is another part of the Federal government that isn't completely elected by popular vote.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #17
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
From NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/04/us...ef=todayspaper

Excerpt from today's paper, along with the education question. Are you in favor of reducing support for education?
In a word -- yes. Primary education should be funded locally -- it is not a Federal matter -- they have fucked things up bad enough with all of their rules.

Secondly, they need to scale back money going to colleges and universities. There is ample evidence that we are devaluing degrees by trying to give them to too many people. There is a looming education bubble that is worse than housing. Too many people have gotten advanced degrees that will never earn enough to pay for it. Colleges have taken the government money and raised prices -- the result is more debt for graduates. Supply and demand baby!

Lastly, there is no evidence that increased spending improves quality.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #18
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
In a word -- yes. Primary education should be funded locally -- it is not a Federal matter -- they have fucked things up bad enough with all of their rules.
In that case they ALSO need to get rid of their rules (I'm not objecting to it). Repeal No-children Left Behind and all the other mandates. Can't do one without the other and I'm not hearing that they are going after the rules.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #19
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Too precious: discussing the new rules Republicans are putting in place for the House about budget and deficit.

"A big exception will be the bill to repeal the health care repeal that House Republicans plan to bring up next week. That bill will not be subject to amendments, nor will Republicans have to abide by their own new rules that compels them to offset the cost of new bills that add to the deficit; the health care repeal and tax cuts are not subject to this new rule. "

Tooooooooooooooo funny
Old 01-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #20
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
In that case they ALSO need to get rid of their rules (I'm not objecting to it). Repeal No-children Left Behind and all the other mandates. Can't do one without the other and I'm not hearing that they are going after the rules.
Works for me. Its not like any of that shit helps anything.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #21
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...
Default I don't find it entertaining at all anymore...

...the Republicans have come right out & said that their top 3 goals are:

1. Repealing previously enacted legislation
2. Cutting spending (without saying what they will cut)
3. Limiting the opposing party's President to a single-term.

God Bless them for dropping all pretext. And, I suppose that most them genuinely believe accomplishing those three things will actually be in everyone's best interest. But, it sure seems awful cynical from where I sit.

I can't BELIEVE I wasted 4 years of my life studying Political Science. What the hell was I thincking????
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #22
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
I can't BELIEVE I wasted 4 years of my life studying Political Science. What the hell was I thincking????
It's really just cheap entertainment for the masses, right?
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #23
discreetgent
Valued Poster

If only it didn't take hundreds of millions of dollars to get elected to provide cheap entertainment.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #24
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
1. Repealing previously enacted legislation
How does this surprise anyone. Obamacare was a cram down. A blatant balls to the wall political deal that the Dems had to use every parliamentary edge they could think of to get it pushed through. Even with control of the WH and both sides of Congress. And it surprises you that the other team doesn't let it lie?

That ain't the way this country works. We don't enact major legislation without some sense of concensus. Obamacare was a swansong for the tired lefties of the 60's. It won't last.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #25
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Has there ever been a major piece of legislation that Congress tried to completely repeal?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #26
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
(17th amendment established Senate elections by the populace) Nah, the electoral college already screws things up; last thing we need is another part of the Federal government that isn't completely elected by popular vote.
Let the legislators (not governors) in each state choose the Senators they want to represent the state’s interest in Congress. Leave it to the voters to hold the state legislators accountable if they make bad choices. I agree, the Electoral College has outlived its purpose. At one time, the voters voted for the electors who were themselves known and popular men from the community. Now these people—the electors—are merely unknown functionaries fulfilling an obsolete requirement in our electoral process.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #27
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Has there ever been a major piece of legislation that Congress tried to completely repeal?
When was the last bill, of the magnitude of this POS, that got crammed down with no votes from the opposing team?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #28
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Let the legislators (not governors) in each state choose the Senators they want to represent the state’s interest in Congress. Leave it to the voters to hold the state legislators accountable if they make bad choices. I agree, the Electoral College has outlived its purpose. At one time, the voters voted for the electors who were themselves known and popular men from the community. Now these people—the electors—are merely unknown functionaries fulfilling an obsolete requirement in our electoral process.

i don't think the EC itself serves any purpose (i.e., the functionaries.) But I do think electing a President through electoral votes (rather than direct election) is a key part of our democracy.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #29
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Congress proposed the Twenty-first Amendment on February 20, 1933; it repealed the 18th Amendment.

Just saying. It may not be the most recent, but it was successful.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #30
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
i don't think the EC itself serves any purpose (i.e., the functionaries.) But I do think electing a President through electoral votes (rather than direct election) is a key part of our democracy.
Yes, I guess it did make a difference in the 2000 election.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women