Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 03-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Another health care thread.

Perhaps from another perspective.

I spend generally $5 k a year for health care.
I have a son that rides the short bus with 2wd40 air conditioning.
If someone needs an MRI we can get one within a week.
Will the Dem's reform cost me more?
Will the doc's office be more crowded?
Will people still want to be doctors?
How will it effect me and my family.
I don't give a flying fuck through a rolling doughnut if the deficit goes up.
Will my taxes go up and service go down?

It's like looking into a beautiful woman's face and saying. “Lie to me. Tell me you love me.”
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Not to encourage another thread on hc, but.....

I think this guy's thoughts are pretty typical: "Will I still get quality care & what will the immediate impact be on my checkbook?"

I have to assume the $5k is out of pocket & doesn't include his employer's contribution to his health care. If not, I'd like to meet him. In fact Congress should meet him.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

It does not include the MAN'S contribution.
The man being the employer.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
Perhaps from another perspective.

I spend generally $5 k a year for health care.
I have a son that rides the short bus with 2wd40 air conditioning.
If someone needs an MRI we can get one within a week.
Will the Dem's reform cost me more?
Will the doc's office be more crowded?
Will people still want to be doctors?
How will it effect me and my family.
I don't give a flying fuck through a rolling doughnut if the deficit goes up.
Will my taxes go up and service go down?

It's like looking into a beautiful woman's face and saying. “Lie to me. Tell me you love me.”
I don't think anyone really knows. So what we're going on is blind faith (and I know for a crowd that doesn't have much faith to begin with, this is a tough sell).

However, it seems to me that the greatest country on earth can accomplish this feat. All we have to do is screen the greed out of the current HC system. That means eliminating a for profit system in favor of a not-for-profit system. And before anyone objects too quickly...it's been done in the utility industry. Yes, some profits exist, but non-profits exist, too. Let the fight begin.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

This is not statistically significant, but just based on a couple handfuls of random conversations with folks the work in Big Corporate America. Not C-Level but mostly various levels of management or professional services.

Overwhelmingly, they seem to naively believe that whatever happens their employer won't leave their current plan for whatever the government comes up with. It goes along the lines of, "You know I may bitch about this or that about XYZ Corp., but when push comes to shove they've really treated me pretty well....I can't believe they'd ever drop our health plan....."

Naive.

I say that because I think there are a lot of folks out there that really haven't internalized what any government healthcare might mean to them. They look at it through the lens of what it means to "the rest of the people." -- kinda of like how changes to welfare or unemployment benefits would be -- you know stuff that impacts "other people"
Old 03-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

If it goes through employers will drop theirs imho.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
If it goes through employers will drop theirs imho.
Like a hot potato.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Like a teenagers tank top. Or is it the Chivas, I can't remember.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #9
John Bull
Valued Poster

And anyone who thinks a "non-profit" health care system would produce the medical innovations or even the health care providers at a level we now enjoy needs to look at what is happening in almost all the countries that have "universal".
There is nothing like the free market system to produce innovation. And there is nothing like the profit motive to produce highly skilled providers in any industry.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

John, I tend to agree, but I'm not too worried about the profit motivation coming out of HC here in the States. Just look at 2 of the (mostly) gov't run sectors of our economy (which are ostensibly "non-profit"), defense & education. There are still a lot of people making a lot of $ off of those.

So if you take a whole supply chain view, there will always be plenty of value to be extracted.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #11
John Bull
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
So if you take a whole supply chain view, there will always be plenty of value to be extracted.
I fear the government will be the entity doing the extracting.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #12
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
And anyone who thinks a "non-profit" health care system would produce the medical innovations or even the health care providers at a level we now enjoy needs to look at what is happening in almost all the countries that have "universal".
There is nothing like the free market system to produce innovation. And there is nothing like the profit motive to produce highly skilled providers in any industry.

Profit motive can drive the train on the R&D side of the shop. However, direct care is pretty routine, and innovation occurs on the R&D side.

There is more to producing a highly skilled worker than just profit. Most good workers do their jobs because they love what they do and are really good at it. This is true from high school janitors to high school teachers to nurses and doctors.

I think the real scare in the health care industry comes straight out of greed. Quite frankly, doctors and hospitals are afraid that any new system of health care will prevent them from continuing to make their obscene profits. And a new system should do this.

What we really need is a system that provides doctors and hospitals with a recognized profit (or non-profit). We currently do this with property insurance and utilities in this country. The system should be expanded to health care.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #13
Dasani
Account Disabled

User ID: 1567
Location: "Dallas/Ft. Worth" Call PM or email to book! Several Ladies available

Honestly... I want to say, to you, No. However realistically, Yes.
That's why, I feel, there should be, More hair pulling.
Hey, but I couldn't, make it, to Washington this term.
:
Dasani is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
John Bull
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Profit motive can drive the train on the R&D side of the shop. However, direct care is pretty routine, and innovation occurs on the R&D side.

There is more to producing a highly skilled worker than just profit. Most good workers do their jobs because they love what they do and are really good at it. This is true from high school janitors to high school teachers to nurses and doctors.
It's been shown in all the countries that have "universal" health care where the govt. pays the providers - not to include the pure dictatorships who force people into professions - that the number of providers eventually drops to the point where there aren't enough to staff hospitals and there aren't enough to provide timely service.

I'm reminded of a definition of insanity: Where one keeps trying the same thing hoping for a different result.

This is a great definition of socialized medicine.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #15
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
It's been shown in all the countries that have "universal" health care where the govt. pays the providers - not to include the pure dictatorships who force people into professions - that the number of providers eventually drops to the point where there aren't enough to staff hospitals and there aren't enough to provide timely service.

I'm reminded of a definition of insanity: Where one keeps trying the same thing hoping for a different result.

This is a great definition of socialized medicine.
Actually, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. My brother's wife grew up in England, and they lived there for a couple of years. Both say the health care system there is wonderful. Now, I have no first hand experience, but I take their word for it...especially over people I don't know or people I know who have agendas.

I also had a teacher from Chile. She said the health care there was superior also.

There is other anecdotal evidence. Nevertheless, I'm convinced that what is done will in other places (I believe France to be uniformly the best and they've been doing it for decades), can be done better by the U.S. And we must do better. After all, even though the Republicans keep saying we have the "best health care system in the world," it is not supported by the facts. We do not have the oldest population. We have a relatively high infant mortality rate. There are other markers.

However, I've said my piece in this thread. And don't want to be assessed points. So, I'll say goodbye.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women