Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70409
biomed160551
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47533
pyramider46370
bambino40317
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35360
Mojojo33117

Old 05-31-2020, 10:15 AM   #61
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
If it turns out to be 1.01% and 200 million USA citizens become infected with CV19, then 2 million citizens would die. We have 105,000 deaths already with just 1.8 million citizens with symptoms. Not 2% of the USA population has been infected yet. It would be difficult for anyone to opt for Herd Immunity with that high a number. Fauci and the others were wise to advise Trump to shut things down to control the spread.

https://www.trackcorona.live/
And you choose a 60% infection rate of the entire US population based on what? Or just another of your "numbers" pulled randomly from thin air based on your ongoing wish for DemPanic.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:47 PM   #62
oeb11
Valued Poster

Face it - Liberals - you are not going to get the millions of US deaths U want, need, and desire so dearly in the effort to murder innocents in the hope of defeating Trump in Nov 2020.

U are not able to define the cohort of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic people infected with Wuhan virus.

U will not in any reasonable and logical thought process assign full and total responsibility to the US military and POTUS Donald trump for the Wuhan virus.

U certainly can believe in Ur own minds that the above statements are "Racist" and "hurt my little feelings" - so"let's ban any speech that hurts my feelings".

Get Over It!!!- attributed to Don Henly - certainly not a white supremacist leader.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:02 PM   #63
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Face it - Liberals - you are not going to get the millions of US deaths

U are not able to define the cohort of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic people infected with Wuhan virus.
Democrats don't want death. Democrats want the spread of CV19 contained. The only way to do that without a vaccine is with social distancing. Republicans want to go for Herd Immunity. To get that 2/3 of the USA population would have to be infected.

No one has counted the asymptomatics, that number has to be estimated just like Ioannidis did with his equation, which has been posted a dozen times already.

adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:08 PM   #64
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
If it turns out to be 1.01% and 200 million USA citizens become infected with CV19, then 2 million citizens would die. We have 105,000 deaths already with just 1.8 million citizens with symptoms. Not 2% of the USA population has been infected yet. It would be difficult for anyone to opt for Herd Immunity with that high a number. Fauci and the others were wise to advise Trump to shut things down to control the spread.

https://www.trackcorona.live/

Quote:
Democrats don't want death. Democrats want the spread of CV19 contained. The only way to do that without a vaccine is with social distancing. Republicans want to go for Herd Immunity. To get that 2/3 of the USA population would have to be infected.

No one has counted the asymptomatics, that number has to be estimated just like Ioannidis did with his equation, which has been posted a dozen times already.
Although I think an infection fatality rate of 1.01% is on the high side, the 2 million would be plausible if there were no change in human behavior. But even without the lockdowns people would have done social distancing. That's what's happened in Sweden, where there was no lockdown although schools closed. The Swedes have been cautious and aren't doing a lot of things they used to. Their economy shows it -- they're getting hit as hard as we and other Western Europeans are. An antibody test indicated only 7.3% of Stockholmers developed Covid 19 by the end of last month, and the percentage outside of Stockholm would be less. What I'm getting at, IF we get a vaccine in the next year or so, then the 200 million is high.

That said, the lockdowns had bipartisan support. Republican and Democratic governors overwhelmingly implemented them. They were a logical response considering we came into this pandemic poorly prepared, and needed time to come up with a strategy and get the materials and supplies (masks, tests, etc.) we need to fight this. People were seeing what was happening in New York and thinking it could happen in their states too.

I don't think lockdowns are needed in most places now, if people and governments act wisely. That means wearing masks, testing and tracing. And people isolating themselves when they're sick. With those steps we can have decent lives and a decent economy.

Most Republicans don't want to try to get to herd immunity ASAP. Most don't want to dispense with testing and tracing, and most will be taking a vaccine when it's available. Many are willing to wear masks. I think you may be getting an erroneous perspective of the views of Republicans by focusing on a few posters here.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:32 PM   #65
oeb11
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=adav8s28;1062074921]Democrats don't want death. Democrats want the spread of CV19 contained. The only way to do that without a vaccine is with social distancing. Republicans want to go for Herd Immunity. To get that 2/3 of the USA population would have to be infected.

[/

Methinks the "a" doth protest too much - the Liberal DPST's are devastated and angry that their" china gift" from Comrade Xi has not caused millions of deaths as predicted to give them the recession they pray for to defeat Trump at all costs.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:48 AM   #66
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Although I think an infection fatality rate of 1.01% is on the high side, the 2 million would be plausible if there were no change in human behavior.
+1

Good post Tiny. The no change in human behavior is the key. With social distancing and shutting things down 1.6 people in USA got infected with symptoms in 12 weeks.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:36 AM   #67
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
And you choose a 60% infection rate of the entire US population based on what?
Numbnuts, you need a 60-70% infection rate to reach Herd Immunity for CV19. CV19 is easier to catch than the flu. If there were no social distancing CV19 could easily infect 60% of the population.

Most the evidence so far suggests that people who recover from a COVID-19 coronavirus infection do, at least for a time, develop immunity to the microbe. If that's true, what is the disease-induced herd immunity threshold for the COVID-19 coronavirus? Various epidemiologists offer different answers, depending upon their estimates for the disease's R0 and other variables, but most have converged on a threshold at around 60 to 70 percent.

https://reason.com/2020/05/15/whats-...9-coronavirus/
Old 06-03-2020, 08:09 AM   #68
oeb11
Valued Poster

Thank U - "a" - still seeking the millions of death u deems necessary to defeat Trump in Nov.

Liberals have no conscience regarding their hatred - and the depth they will sink in advocating for millions of Wuhan virus deaths - and total destruction of the economy - in their One True cause - Deafeat Trump.

Pathetic people
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #69
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default U B U

Quote:
Numbnuts...

Could have saved 99.998% of people with one teensey thing

A very good article worth reading in it's entirety. Please do.
How Fear, Groupthink Drove Unnecessary Global Lockdowns

...That is the story of what may eventually be known as one of the biggest medical and economic blunders of all time. The collective failure of every Western nation, except one, to question groupthink will surely be studied by economists, doctors, and psychologists for decades to come...
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:17 AM   #70
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Face it - Liberals - you are not going to get the millions of US deaths U want, need, and desire so dearly in the effort to murder innocents in the hope of defeating Trump in Nov 2020.

U will not in any reasonable and logical thought process assign full and total responsibility to the US military and POTUS Donald trump for the Wuhan virus.

U certainly can believe in Ur own minds that the above statements are "Racist" and "hurt my little feelings" - so"let's ban any speech that hurts my feelings".

Get Over It!!!- attributed to Don Henly - certainly not a white supremacist leader.
They'll get the real death count with the up and coming MANDATORY Vaccine. Millions of dollars will be poured into this so called preventative measure and they intent to collect no matter what it takes.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #71
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Could have saved 99.998% of people with one teensey thing

A very good article worth reading in it's entirety. Please do.
How Fear, Groupthink Drove Unnecessary Global Lockdowns

...That is the story of what may eventually be known as one of the biggest medical and economic blunders of all time. The collective failure of every Western nation, except one, to question groupthink will surely be studied by economists, doctors, and psychologists for decades to come...

Thank u - WYID - I have come to agree - and that the "cure" inflecited on America is worse than the disease in the first place.

The DPST elite Rulers are behaving like it - they do like their "authority" and will not easily give up the enabling pandemic ability to utilize their power in typical authoritarian-totalitarian mode.

They do love being "Big Brother".

the case mortality rate of Wuhan virus is far less than the liberal models - yet the LSM keeps repeating China propaganda that the US military "Planted" the virus in wuhan, and that millions of deaths are yet to come.

They do like their "concentration camps in home". Orders. And a devastated economy makes it easier to control the population - Next is removal of all guns for control of the population, and Orwell's vision will be complete for the DPST's!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:58 PM   #72
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Balderdash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
...They were a logical response considering we came into this pandemic poorly prepared ...

We were poorly informed, lied to and victimized with bad data. That is substantially different.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:27 PM   #73
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Duality is their play book

Quote:
...They do love being "Big Brother"....

They have to be both Boogie-man and Big Brother. First they have to scare you, before they can protect you.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:44 PM   #74
oeb11
Valued Poster

The ultimate goal being complete and total Orwellian control of every aspect of One's Life.

Poor whitmer - had to lift her edicts on controlling the Michiganders.

Her husband's boat will now be faced with crowded waters upon which to recreate - and She planned to have it all to herself. (and cronies)
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #75
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default What there are is death

Quote:
Democrats don't want death....

Demonicrats are death.

AMPReviews.net