Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47559
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
jughead1171
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5
Default Law Change

If the hobby were decriminalized today. What would you do differently?
jughead1171 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #2
gimme_that
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead1171 View Post
Nothing at all. Id still do things discreetly. I might take more toftt chances with BP girls and newbie providers with no references.
gimme_that is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Pay sales tax on it????
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I wouldn't be able to afford it at all! The price would skyrocket.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
topsgt38801
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Probably go broke. Remove LE factor would feel a lot more comfortable seeing more ladies in more places.
topsgt38801 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Nothing. Just because it is no longer considered criminal does not mean it should be any less discreet. I stil would not want anyone knowing I was doing this, and I doubt my married clients would either.
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Guest101811-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rayne View Post
Nothing. Just because it is no longer considered criminal does not mean it should be any less discreet. I stil would not want anyone knowing I was doing this, and I doubt my married clients would either.
This.
Guest101811-4 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

First, if decriminalized prices would actually drop (in aggregate) as more providers entered the field. I doubt the number of clients would increase greatly because I just don't see that many more guys getting in that aren't already in to begin with. Not much fence sitting if you are a guy. You either do or don't.

I would still participate discreetly using hobby phone, hobby nickname etc for the reason pointed out by London. However, I would feel a lot more comfortable in the knowledge there won't be the potential to run into LE. I'd probably expand the field a bit in terms of selecting a provider-- might be more willing to take a risk with a provider that isn't well established. I'd still do my research. In the end, I'd probably end up actually seeing the same caliber of providers I am now, but I'd keep my eye open for someone new/different.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3412
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
Pay sales tax on it????
It would actually be just like having your landscaper or massage therapist come over to service you. Same flat fee, just with no more worry of getting arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
I wouldn't be able to afford it at all! The price would skyrocket.
I've heard discussions about this as well...some people think that decriminalization would draw more people into the industry, thus driving the rates down. Others think that providers would take full advantage of the decrim factor and raise their rates exorbitantly. My gut tells me that rates would not change much from what they currently are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsgt38801 View Post
Probably go broke. Remove LE factor would feel a lot more comfortable seeing more ladies in more places.
LOL.
LynetteMarie is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #10
Mature Companion
Uninhibited Milf

User ID: 1768
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Nothing.
I'd still screen as I do today and I'd still be very selective as to whom I enjoy the company of.

Quote:
Mature Companion is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
SneakyCancer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

i agree on the not being able to afford it. demand would go way up thus causing a surge in supply (funds). heck that is the same for states like california and nevada. anyone can get their hands on weed or pussy, so i think it would be a cat and mouse game on how much play the lady wants. many will do it just because they won't end up in jail.

i would still be discrete but id definitely have to do my homework and save up.
SneakyCancer is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #12
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
Pay sales tax on it????
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynetteMarie View Post
It would actually be just like having your landscaper or massage therapist come over to service you. Same flat fee, just with no more worry of getting arrested.
mmmm and as both I would have to pay sales tax on as I live in NEW YORK State County of Monroe. So unless a provider could get the state and county to think she is only selling nontaxable food! Rats: you would be serving the food, and that would be taxable food.

SO I would "Pay sales tax on it???? ta"

In New York State
you buy a bagel--tax free
buy a sliced bagel--sales tax
buy bread sliced--tax free
buy a loaf of bread--tax free
buy a loaf of bread and have it sliced--sales tax
any service or added value service=sales tax

Oh and I forgot NYS and Monroe cty have what they call a luxury tax. Are you not a luxury?????

edit: rats I also forgot the "sin tax". ahhhhhhhh please I will take the risk!!!!!!!!!!
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #13
topsgt38801
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynetteMarie View Post

I've heard discussions about this as well...some people think that decriminalization would draw more people into the industry, thus driving the rates down. Others think that providers would take full advantage of the decrim factor and raise their rates exorbitantly. My gut tells me that rates would not change much from what they currently are.

LOL.
LynetteMarie,

I need landscaping. Can you assist me?

topsgt38801 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
davidsmith0123
Valued Poster

The price issue is interesting. Legalization does not remove the social stigma. Thus both providers and clients will still want to be (semi) anonymous. Providers would gain access to law enforcement to deal with at least some problems that might arise. Certainly acts of violence by providers would be more readily reported to law enforcement and this should reduce the potential for violence (not to zero, but a reduction in the probability), and reducing this risk should reduce the price premium due to this risk. Or course, I don't know how much of the current price is due to this risk. Other risk -- the risk of being outed -- is not likely to diminish, and might increase, especially if government decides to tax the services of providers, making them less anonymous. This, by itself, would lead to increase prices. On the demand side, the lowered risk of arrest should increase demand and tend to increase prices. I don't see how legalization increases the risk of clients being outed, so that impact on price would seem neutral. Overall I assume an increase in demand after legalization, and a mixed supply response. I could see this leading to an increase in price, but obviously it depends on the elasticities of demand and supply.

"Vices" that lack the social stigma of prostitution are often thought to have lower prices after legalization. Many predict the price of grass would drop after legalization. But the social stigma of prostitution is not likely to be impacted much by legalization, at least in the short run, so the supply response would be interesting to observe. Do potential providers stay out of the business at present because it is illegal, or because of the potential cost of being outed. It may be that the supply response is not very large, so that the increased demand leads to a price increase.

Personally, I welcome the social experiment, as I would like this business to be legal or at least not illegal. Professionally, I welcome the data it will provide on how markets respond to changes in legal status.
davidsmith0123 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #15
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsmith0123 View Post
Personally, I welcome the social experiment, as I would like this business to be legal or at least not illegal. Professionally, I welcome the data it will provide on how markets respond to changes in legal status.
Never happen in this country.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women