Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > South Texas > The Sandbox-South Texas
The Sandbox-South Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47507
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 09-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
Col. Zodiak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37
Default too many good points made to pick any out....

I have been a lifelong follower of the Cowboys and it is sad to see "America's Team" in such a shambles.

From 20 years straight of appearing in the play-offs to this.

Unfortunately, Jerry "EGO" Jones is not going to give up on the idea that since he owns the team, he knows what is best. He admitted to wanting Garrett to be the HC when he was hired. Well, he has his wish now.

Granted, he did coach a few wins in the last half of a dismal season last year. And he does seem to be a bit heavy on discipline, something that got Bill Parcels to go back into retirement when "EGO" was not too happy with what he did.

The magic answer, of course, has been said repeatedly for years:

Jerry Jones needs to get out of the limelight, something he will never do.

And I remember something that Bum Phillips once said when he was HC for the Houston Oilers:

"Dallas may be America's team, but the Oilers is Texas' team, and that is by God enough!"

Too bad the Cowboys are now known as Jerry's Team.

The Colonel
Col. Zodiak is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51

Nothing like talking a little football to get everyone going. Now, a little off subject, but one thing that is as good , if not better about the Cowboys today is the chearleaders. Win , lose, or draw, those are some fine women. Any of you ladies out there got a chearleader outfit????
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
dcarr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith111 View Post
Nothing like talking a little football to get everyone going. Now, a little off subject, but one thing that is as good , if not better about the Cowboys today is the chearleaders. Win , lose, or draw, those are some fine women. Any of you ladies out there got a chearleader outfit????

Now see there is always a positive coming from Senor Smith.
dcarr is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #19
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

I think we all agree that Jerry Jones needs to hire a GM to run the football operations for the Dallas Cowboys. Then he needs to get out of the way and give this person several years to turn this football team around. If he does not like what he sees after a few years, then he can fire this person and hire someone else. But unfortunately, this will never happen.

In spite of the meltdown in the 4th quarter, there were some positives displayed by the Cowboys. They proved they can score points against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Their defensive play was much improved over what it was last year. I think Sean Lee is a future pro-bowl player, if he can stay healthy. I like the way Jenkins played hurt. After Burris gave him what I thought was a cheap shot, he came back and planted that SOB in the ground.

Like I said in my earlier post, this was only 1 game. Let's don't be so quick to write the Cowboys off on account of their play during the last 8 minutes of the Jets game. There is still 15 games to play this season. Do I think the Cowboys will make a serious run in the playoffs..No, not this year.. They will be lucky to make the playoffs this year as a wild card team. But they will be an improved team this year. I think a 9-7 record, maybe even a 10-6 record, is a real possibility. Yes, I am a die hard Cowboys fan. Always have been and always will be.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #20
capitan1962
Premium Access

Encounters: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmiwad View Post
I don't really understand the high expectations this year..It is the same ole guys doing the same ole thing as last year. Remember when Joe was quarterbacking the 49ers? They would be down 21 with 5 minutes remaining and it was no sweat caz the 49ers are gonna win. With the Cowboys leading with 5 minutes remaining the question always arises in your mind "just how is Romo gonna fuck this up". And like Joe, Romo always come through..
LMAO, I nominate this as the most realistic post of the year. I will buy you whatever kind of drink you want for that one.
capitan1962 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #21
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Maybe I am missing something here, but who on this thread has said that the Cowboys are going to be serious Super Bowl contenders this year? No one that I know of. I have said they will be an improved team this year. Hell, they went 6-10 last year. It will not be that hard to be better than that. They certainly have enough talented players to have a lot better season than they had last year. This is not having overly high expectations or being unrealistic IMO. I don't even know of any so called expert pundits who are saying that the Cowboys will be serious contenders this year.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #22
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
I disagree with you rj. I think that they are underachievers and would win almost every game they played if they played as well as they usually do for about half the game. That,,,,, is why Cowboy fans are so frustrated. If they had no talent we'd be happy if they were just soso.
You nailed it Mr. Smith!

Niceguy53, maybe next year though...after the newbies get their footing. Overall, I thought Cowboys did pretty good defensively...now, if we could only get the offense to get their act together! Heck, it's too early to tell...with all the injuries, etc...who knows what the end result will be. I doubt we'll be Champs...but, I feel very optimistic that we can make the playoffs! GO COWBOYS!

All this talk about football is making me want to get TACKLED! (lol)
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #23
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likinikki View Post
You nailed it Mr. Smith!

Niceguy53, maybe next year though...after the newbies get their footing. Overall, I thought Cowboys did pretty good defensively...now, if we could only get the offense to get their act together! Heck, it's too early to tell...with all the injuries, etc...who knows what the end result will be. I doubt we'll be Champs...but, I feel very optimistic that we can make the playoffs! GO COWBOYS!

All this talk about football is making me want to get TACKLED! (lol)
Ah, once again hope springs eternal for Americas team's fans.
Let me just say this: The Detroit Lions will make the playoffs before the Cowboys do. Read it and weep boys and girls.
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #24
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdiner View Post
Ah, once again hope springs eternal for Americas team's fans.
Let me just say this: The Detroit Lions will make the playoffs before the Cowboys do. Read it and weep boys and girls.

RJ, would you like to make a little friendly bet on that!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #25
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post
RJ, would you like to make a little friendly bet on that!

Well, NiceGuy53, I'm not sure that's within the rules here because it's kind of like gambling. But if you want to check your PM's I could probably propose some worthy cause for your donation.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #26
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Gambling or not rj, that's a bet I'm willing to take. I'll go public and bet the cost of an hours time with the lovely lady of our choosing. If you had said any team but Detriot I'd have to really give it some thought. Ladies, who wants to be the prize?
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #27
That.guy001
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

They should have picked up Michael Vick when he was still a bargain. It would have solved the inconsistent quarter back problem.
That.guy001 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #28
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

Bring It...I'll jump on that bet! Rawrrr!! (lol)
Loser has to eat a worm...without the tequilla!
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #29
Illegal Use Of Hands
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Jason Garrett deserves a lot of blame. Sure, he's a much better coach than Phillips, but why in the world do you go to shotgun at the goal line with a seven point lead. The Cowboys should have run the ball on 2nd and 3rd (hopefully score a td), but if need be kick the FG and make it a two posession lead. Bad play calling by Garrett. Also, you don't keep Bryant on the field when he clearly is limping around. Sure, Romo made the errors, but a great coach puts his players in a postion to succeed. Parcels would have run the ball on those downs and have Bryant take a seat. Garrett opened the door for those errors and Romo walked right in. I still think Dallas will surprise some people (namely Philadelphia). That was a great outing against the Jets (a team that has been to the AFC championship game two years in a row). Look for Dallas to pound the 49ers this weekend.
Illegal Use Of Hands is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #30
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith111 View Post
Gambling or not rj, that's a bet I'm willing to take. I'll go public and bet the cost of an hours time with the lovely lady of our choosing. If you had said any team but Detriot I'd have to really give it some thought. Ladies, who wants to be the prize?
Shit I'm gonna have free pussy for 2012 at this rate. Anyone who wants to follow their heart instead of their head (the big one that is), PM me and we'll talk about the details of your donation to the "rj free pussy 2012 fund."
I figured I could catch something with that bait.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women