Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59907
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47515
pyramider46370
bambino40311
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 02-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #166
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

You have your opinion, I have mine.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #167
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
You have your opinion, I have mine.
Yep. One thing I do admire about you, though, is your ability to be brief.

[At least most of the time. Sometimes, I wish you'd expound on a brief statement.]
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #168
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Well Chuck, the only reason I can think of for banging your head against a brick wall is that it feels so good when you stop. You have your opinion, I have mine. Its obvious that what I've said so far isn't going to sway your opinion and I know you are wrong, thus you aren't changing mine, so why argue further?
Old 02-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #169
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
The two ranking liberals made a good point - "fairly" is not an definitive term, it is an opinion. Let me restate. Under a capitalist system, which produces more aggregate wealth, the poor will be less poor.
That's not necessarily so. It depends on how much we redistribute.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #170
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I met a foreign student from India several years ago. He was wide eyed with amazement. He claimed the U.S. is a wondrous country, where even the poor can be fat.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #171
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Agreed. BUT.................

The quarterback would make much less were we not for public assisted stadium deals and I think we can all agree that there would be even less demand for soldiers were we not trying to spread a liberal agenda of trying to save the world by having our troop everywhere.

Bottom line the QB would make less and the soldiers could make more, not because their demand went up but because it went down all because we had changed our attitude in welfare for the rich and saving the world.
but supply & demand is what it is...

You know what football stadiums and wars have in common is ultimately we (collective voters) are the ones that elect those that authorize their funding...but as usual you prefer to bitch about it from the peanut gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Supply and demand? Not really. There are 32 starting QB's in the NFL. Yet, there are only 10 starting goalies in the National Lacrosse League. It would seem the rules of supply and demand would lead to Lacrosse goalies making more than QB's, no? Regardless, that's not the point i wish to make.

On second thought, it sorta is. The reason for the difference is because towards the NFL is where the money flows. Let's say Tom Brady only made $60,000/yr rather than $15M (or whatever it is he actually makes). The difference, the $14.94M would only go to the person who signs his check, because, like i say, that's where the money flows. So if there's enough cash flow there for Tom Brady to take a cut of $15M, then all the power to him. But let us at least acknowledge the luck involved in his case that he's the best QB in the world, rather than the best Lacrosse Goalie in the world......
No the best athletes at a young age know what the salary structure is in the NFL & NLL and then prepare accordingly....so it isn't luck, but actually well thought out strategy...that and typically there is more pussy at the football field on a Friday night....
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #172
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Having met more Fortune 100 CEO than you have and seen the selection processes to pick one, you'll excuse me if I ignore your opinion. The skill set is just as limited as NFL caliber quarterbacks.
Guess the selection process isn't as perfect as you thought:

Quote:
After less than six months on the job, Jack Griffin is out as CEO and chairman of Time Inc., the world's largest magazine publisher. An interim management committee will run Time Inc. until a permanent successor is found, said Jeff Bewkes, CEO of parent company Time Warner in an email to employees Thursday night.

A Time Warner subsidiary, Time Inc. publishes about 115 magazines worldwide including Time and Sports Illustrated and accounts for almost a quarter of total advertising revenues of U.S. consumer magazines. Measured by circulation, it's the world's largest magazine company, followed by Meredith, which publishes Better Homes and Gardens, Parents and Family Circle.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #173
randomuser10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsgt38801 View Post
The poor pay nothing because they make nothing and the wealthiest pay nothing because they have all the loopholes. Teh folks in the middle are footing the bills. The same way with large companies. GE paid about 3% in US taxes because they are in so well with the current administration and have off shore shelters that keep them from paying taxes.

Really? That 35% last year sure didn't feel like nothing, and then state and local taxes. I did all the math a little while ago every 1.00 I earn 52 cents goes to tax.

Believe me theres no escaping this absurd situation unless you are low income.
randomuser10 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #174
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Guess the selection process isn't as perfect as you thought:
I never said the selection process was perfect -- far from it. About 15% of the CEO's turn over every year. If anything, your comment illustrates the point that not anyone can run a F100 company. This guy apparently had the credentials and he couldn't do it.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:15 AM   #175
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
No the best athletes at a young age know what the salary structure is in the NFL & NLL and then prepare accordingly....so it isn't luck, but actually well thought out strategy.
Oh please. Then why don't the Lacrosse Goalies pick football? Or baseball? Or basketball? Or hockey? Because there's a reason a 2 sport athlete, at least at the professional level, is extremely rare. And it's due to a whole lot more than time constraints.

Obviously you've never played sports.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:05 AM   #176
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default CEO's are the biggest welfare queens feeding from the public tit

Quote:
but supply & demand is what it is...

You know what football stadiums and wars have in common is ultimately we (collective voters) are the ones that elect those that authorize their funding...but as usual you prefer to bitch about it from the peanut gallery

I would be willing to bet that I give more peanuts to local politicians than you, that is not bitching from the peanut gallery. The same concept applies nationally.

Supply and demand was proportionally the same back in the 1980's. What has changed? Are CEO's jobs harder? Are QB's more important?

What has changed to make a CEO's pay go from 42x workers salary to 263? Tell me atl.

http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch/paywatch/pay/

Quote:

No the best athletes at a young age know what the salary structure is in the NFL & NLL and then prepare accordingly....so it isn't luck, but actually well thought out strategy.......
If it was well thought out it, they would be playing soccer. It is no more thought out than what religion you will be. Most people are the same religious faith as their parents. Is that well thought out or just chance. You get switched at birth with some kid from Iran and you'd be a little Muslim. Little kids think about how much money they are going to make as an adult is about as well thought out as your arguement that they do!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:13 AM   #177
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
No shit Charles.....by PJ's def, the President of the USA should make the most money in the world.

Does he think Obama the best OB? Did people on the left think Bush a decent OB leading this country?

Quote:
Actually, that job is evidence that any fool can do it.

Obviously, the pay for that job is largely in perqs -- being the most powerful person in the world.

Your argument was that only a very small % of the population could do the job and therefore the huge pay.

Yet when it comes to the hardest CEO's job in the entire world......you somehow switch and proclaim that any fool can do these jobs.

I tend to agree with your second choice and your super special CEO's would be bumped back down to 4 star general pay were I king.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #178
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
What has changed to make a CEO's pay go from 42x workers salary to 263? Tell me atl.

http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch/paywatch/pay/
Company sizes, accounting rules and bad statistics.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #179
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
1) Your argument was that only a very small % of the population could do the job and therefore the huge pay.

2) Yet when it comes to the hardest CEO's job in the entire world......you somehow switch and proclaim that any fool can do these jobs.

3) I tend to agree with your second choice and your super special CEO's would be bumped back down to 4 star general pay were I king.
1) Only a small number of people can play "Nearer My God to Thee" on a nose harp, but that doesn't make it valuable. That is supply. There also has to be demand -- which there is in spades for high performing CEO's -- one of the reasons so many are replaced.

2) That was a joke -- not smiley -- a reference to the last few Presidents we have had.

3) Fortunately, you aren't.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #180
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
1) Only a small number of people can play "Nearer My God to Thee" on a nose harp, but that doesn't make it valuable. That is supply. There also has to be demand -- which there is in spades for high performing CEO's -- one of the reasons so many are replaced.

2) That was a joke -- not smiley -- a reference to the last few Presidents we have had.

3) Fortunately, you aren't.
1) Tom Brady would be a shitty QB were he with the Okland Raiders. Or at least his performance would suffer. What people do not understand is that the CEO is way overrated.

2) Nixon, Ford, Carter and Bush Sr. were actually qualified for the job. Reagan, Bush Jr and Obama were not. Clinton was a fast learner and was extremely lucky as far as the business cycle. Reagan was lucky in that regard to.

You overrate CEO's cause and effect on a company and underrate blind fucking luck.

3) Fortunately for a few folks. The country would be better off but not the welfare thieves.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women