Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Nevada > Las Vegas > Coed Discussions - Las Vegas
Coed Discussions - Las Vegas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59887
gman4452912
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47496
pyramider46370
bambino40304
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 08-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #16
YourKinkyMILF
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 66676
My ECCIE Reviews

Completely overlooked your mention of LV cost of living but it's worth touching on, since you brought it up.

We all know COL is an average and yes, Vegas is on the lower side. Though your example assumes providers live within that average.

Now being that providers, for example purposes, are self-employed/independent contractors, there are costs of doing business that are not absorbed by an employer.

LV is one of the most expensive markets for advertising, you have photoshoots, website design and/or hosting, perhaps even a webmaster to do site updates. Internet & phone service, memberships for review boards and screening sites. Hair, nails, gym, tanning. Lingerie, condoms/lube, toys, std screenings. Health insurance, child care, car insurance, gas (especially if she's driving all over the planet seeing locals), incalls. And lets not forget paying taxes, whether its monthly, quarterly or yearly. CPA, attorney on retainer etc, etc.

All of those costs are not adjusted for COL, they have been going up or staying the same, but not going down.

Anyway, while I understand the generalities of your statement, in reality it's just not viable. *But* if you really believe in your words, go ask your boss (if you have one) for a cost of living adjustment to your salary and commissions because Vegas has one of the lowest costs of living and you don't want them paying you too much. Or hell, if you're the boss, definitely give yourself a paycut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeOrNotToBe View Post
Oh and to add to the DFW vs. LV discussion, do some research here and you'll easily find quite a few Vegas providers who tour other areas including DFW. It amazes me how their rates all of a sudden drops (sometimes by as much as $/hr), the minute they're outside of Vegas. Cost of living is considerably lower here than many other major metropolitan areas of the country...
YourKinkyMILF is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasSensualMassage View Post
Now being that providers, for example purposes, are self-employed/independent contractors, there are costs of doing business that are not absorbed by an employer.

LV is one of the most expensive markets for advertising, you have photoshoots, website design and/or hosting, perhaps even a webmaster to do site updates. Internet & phone service, memberships for review boards and screening sites. Hair, nails, gym, tanning. Lingerie, condoms/lube, toys, std screenings. Health insurance, child care, car insurance, gas (especially if she's driving all over the planet seeing locals), incalls. And lets not forget paying taxes, whether its monthly, quarterly or yearly. CPA, attorney on retainer etc, etc.

All of those costs are not adjusted for COL, they have been going up or staying the same, but not going down.

Don't all providers in all areas have those same costs to absorb? I know the ladies I see in West Texas do....
CryptKicker is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #18
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

Encounters: 12

Roger, there are more providers out in Nevada and California that use TER and Redbook than use ECCIE. In the Dallas area most of them use ECCIE. It's not really a fair comparison.
CryptKicker is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #19
ToBeOrNotToBe
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 11

Well thanks for painting all the locals with the same brush, LVSM... All PITA, all this all that... Very classy... I NEVER asked for a discount! The provider asked to see me, and I simply told her why I won't, never ever expecting to hear back from her, but I did since she wanted my business. She's in her early twenties, so maybe if she stays in the business into her very late 30's like some providers do, she will manage to plan for summer months. Until then she managed to find a regular, who treats her with much respect and has fun hanging out with her... Did I mention "regular"?

DFW is NOT a smaller market. They lower their rates when touring the area, because they know no man in his right state of mind would pay their Vegas rate.

Re COL, those professional costs are there no matter where you live. DFW providers won't have to pay taxes or pay attorneys or photographers? These professional costs are considerably lower here NV than many other major metro areas. I've lived in and run businesses in multiple states for well over a decade, so I know a thing or two about cost of living & conducting business... I never said they're going up or down; I said compared to other areas, NV COL have historically been lower than most areas where same quality providers are asking for a lot less...

Having said all that, I wholeheartedly believe that providers can ask whatever they want. It's a free market... Consumers by the same token have the right to shop around. So what if a customer asks for a discount anyway?! It's a transaction between two adults. If both parties agree, then so be it. Who are we to judge?! This is supposed to be fun. Let's keep it that way.
ToBeOrNotToBe is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #20
ToBeOrNotToBe
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKicker View Post
Roger, there are more providers out in Nevada and California that use TER and Redbook than use ECCIE. In the Dallas area most of them use ECCIE. It's not really a fair comparison.
How about p411? Is that a fair comparison or not? I really don't know the answer, which is why I'm asking, especially since you didn't bring it up...
Old 08-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #21
ToBeOrNotToBe
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasSensualMassage View Post
Have you ever lived in FL, SoCal, TX, or any other metro areas?! First & foremost these costs exist no matter where you provide. Secondly, do some real life research please... You have no idea how much lower you're paying for these services here than many other areas of the country... BELIEVE me; I know! If you're paying more, then you need to shop around.

"LV is one of the most expensive markets for advertising, you have photoshoots, website design and/or hosting, perhaps even a webmaster to do site updates. Internet & phone service, memberships for review boards and screening sites."

Seriously?! Do you pay some kind of board more because you're in Vegas? Membership for review boards & screening sites charge you a lot more because you're in Vegas? Website design also has nothing to do with your geographical location. Find a web designer in India if you want! Same with hosting & webmaster... Not location specific... Photo shoots?! There are tons of hungry photographers out here begging for work... Do some research please... You'll be surprised.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #22
quzi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 90

Here's the thing I notice as a local for over 10 years now:

Vegas: mostly outcall, DFW: seems to be mostly incall
Vegas: way too many ripoffs, esp if you don't do some research first
Vegas: a lot of rates based more on looks than services. You see $500+ for the first hour, and there's no guaranteed correlation on fees to services/quality.
Vegas: not as much work chasing guys. Even on the more popular review sites for Vegas, you don't see a lot of providers responding to ISOs like you might see here for DFW.
Vegas: the ratio of available clients to providers seems skewed to the provider's favor. DFW: that ratio is skewed to clients.

I want to say the opportunity cost of a blown appointment is worse in Vegas. It's not like you can get prepped and ready and hang out at your incall waiting for potential clients to come to you. The quality Vegas providers seem to schedule well (they aren't seeing 3+ clients a night) and it takes time to prep and get to the outcall location. There's pressure to make sure the client is verified since being banned from a hotel group, getting arrested, or worse, is very damaging to a provider's future income in Vegas. So lets take out the reasons for a provider to cancel. You have a lot of cancellations from the client side due to things like business meetings, losing the fee to gambling, drinking too much (or doing way too many drugs), getting sick, bad time management, etc. I can't even imagine the nightmare for a Vegas provider that does have to deal with a drunk/wasted/sick client. That and the economics of this business which probably sets the rates in Vegas a lot higher than DFW (and in some informal studies, probably says that Vegas is the most expensive place in the world), and you have a general business model that says if you look young and beautiful (and hopefully stay that way instead of getting caught up in drugs/alcohol) Vegas is the place to make bank.

Sucks for us local guys. You have a hardcore contingent of guys scouring BP and other sites trying to find something in their budget, trying to find that needle in a haystack of ripoffs. For those guys that are visiting, you still need to work at it to find a quality provider. If you come to Vegas with your provincial views of this business, you're going to get burned.
quzi is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women