Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 07-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #31
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryMoore View Post
.. I contacted her with his information and she was pleasant and friendly in her reply.?
Well Southerners, even the racist ones, are pleasant & friendly, but what was her reply? Did you follow up with him? What was his reply?

I don't know what else to add to the discussion about the flag itself that hasn't been said other than I personally don't get worked up about it one way or another.

What I will say is I support this gal's right to use it to in part promote her business just as I support your right to decline a client because of his, even if unknowing, support of someone that uses it. Clearly this is a unique business. Consider though, if you ran say a hotel or restaurant, it would be you that would face a lawsuit, etc. for discriminating against someone that likes the Southern flag....not the other way around.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #32
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I had no idea that you could post photos that you are not in. This knowledge could be dangerous in my hands. I may end up posting multiple photos of my dogs wedding day.And that is almost gaurateed to offend someone as well
As long as it's not two male dogs. Don't want to offend the conservatives here
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #33
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
Don't want to offend the conservatives here
That is extraordinarily easy to do.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #34
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default However distasteful, it does turn on one rule in the hobby.

There are numerous posts in all these threads where it is asserted that a hobbyist has the right to see who he wants.

The same goes for providers: they have the right to see who they want, to set their own price point, and to run their business as they see fit.

Now given these "rights" I assume a lady has just as much right to rule out Southern gentlemen who may be emotionally attached to the Confederacy as one who posts NBA in her ads and websites.

It's the same argument...just different subjects.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #35
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
That might attract so "odd" clients.
Hey, I can do that all on my own

Edward on his wedding day. You see I do not make these things up
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #36
Grizzly
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

wow never heard of a dog getting married.

as far as the rebel flag is concerned, it was a sign of rebellion as an earlier poster saidl. The north was trying to force its belief system on the south and the south rebelled only later on did the flag take its ominous tone of being related to slavery.

The swaztika was a good luck symbol for an indian tribe until Hitler took it, switched it around and it became now as the symbol that oppresses and destroys the jewish people or folks that did not fit in Hitler's idea of a perfect race.
Grizzly is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #37
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Now given these "rights" I assume a lady has just as much right to rule out Southern gentlemen who may be emotionally attached to the Confederacy as one who posts NBA in her ads and websites.
Charles you just don't see southern gentlemen hanging the rebel flag out in front of their house or on their vehicle. As Stick1969 said its distasteful, lacks couth and I'll add tacky. On the other hand it wouldn't surprise me to see a decal on their truck or atv down at their hunting club. These days when I see somebody blatantly sporting the rebel flag I think of a redneck.

Speaking of rednecks http://projects.accessatlanta.com/ga...ck-games-2010/
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #38
AveryMoore
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 30810

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Consider though, if you ran say a hotel or restaurant, it would be you that would face a lawsuit, etc. for discriminating against someone that likes the Southern flag....not the other way around.
You're right. But if I were, say, a therapist, and I had a client who showed up every time we met with a rebel flag on his shirt, I think the responsible/ethical thing to do would be to say I can't see him as a client since I have certain predispositions that would make me not able to serve him as I should. (I'm not 100% sure about this...any resident armchair psychologists want to chime in with their "professional" opinion? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Charles you just don't see southern gentlemen hanging the rebel flag out in front of their house or on their vehicle. As Stick1969 said its distasteful, lacks couth and I'll add tacky.
Ansley, you and others who pointed this out hit the nail on the head! I did a little more thinking and what originally gave me pause was that the provider in question was so attached to the flag that she felt compelled to advertise with it. I don't think I'd feel comfortable shopping at any establishment where the Rebel Flag factored prominently into their marketing... Although I would probably get an astonished giggle out of seeing an ad in the paper that said something like "Discount Pool Cleaners" with a big confederate flag underneath.

It simply has powerful connotations for me that are hard for me to get over even as, with special thanks to Rudyard, I can understand that it may not be so for the person displaying it. And thanks to this discussion I've realized I've got a certain aversion to iconography in general...except when it involves cute cats and dogs!
AveryMoore is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #39
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
You're right. But if I were, say, a therapist, and I had a client who showed up every time we met with a rebel flag on his shirt, I think the responsible/ethical thing to do would be to say I can't see him as a client since I have certain predispositions that would make me not able to serve him as I should.
After several visits it seems a professional therapist would have gotten way past what a client is wearing.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #40
oden
Valued Poster

Since the battle flag was square and never existed in the rectangular form that people call the rebel or confederate flag on the battle field, let's leave that one alone and focus instead on the symbolism. What is the person trying to say. I am from the south and proud of it? Leave me alone don't try to tell me what to think and do? Yankee go home? I'm a bigot/hater/have no teeth kind of guy? NBA?

My opinion is that you have to not lump all into one basket.

That said, I fly an American flag and a Texas flag, at the same height cause we are the state that legally can.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #41
MrGiz
BANNED

Avery... you began your comments with the caveat 'This might be a big mistake'. I would have to say 'no', it wasn't a big mistake... it sparked an interesting discussion. However, it did expose the fact that many (not all) who share your opinion make assumptions of people's character, based upon what they see, rather than upon what they know.
Ironic, isn't it?

Giz
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #42
Vivienne Rey
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 23639
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Ansley, you and others who pointed this out hit the nail on the head! I did a little more thinking and what originally gave me pause was that the provider in question was so attached to the flag that she felt compelled to advertise with it. I don't think I'd feel comfortable shopping at any establishment where the Rebel Flag factored prominently into their marketing...
This is how I would feel about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
Avery... you began your comments with the caveat 'This might be a big mistake'. I would have to say 'no', it wasn't a big mistake... it sparked an interesting discussion. However, it did expose the fact that many (not all) who share your opinion make assumptions of people's character, based upon what they see, rather than with what they know.
Ironic, isn't it?

Giz
It would be foolish to ignore red flags, even the small ones, especially in this line of work. The provider in question may be harmless but lacking, somewhat, in common sense. Maybe she's not so harmless. I don't think it is unreasonable for the OP to consider this in regard to both the provider and her client. Sometimes what you see is exactly what you get. Look at all the alerts posted here by those who were burned or worse because they ignored what they saw.

JMHO.
Vivienne Rey is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #43
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne Rey View Post
It would be foolish to ignore red flags, even the small ones, especially in this line of work.
I couldn't agree with you more. I go over emails with a fine tooth comb. I pay attention to every word and the other women that he has seen. I don't ignore little red flags. I usually decline the date. I have been told that I am way to picky. My gut feelings rarely lead me a stray. My reasons may at times seem trivial, but they are my reasons.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #44
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oden View Post
Since the battle flag was square and never existed in the rectangular form that people call the rebel or confederate flag on the battle field, let's leave that one alone and focus instead on the symbolism. What is the person trying to say. I am from the south and proud of it? Leave me alone don't try to tell me what to think and do? Yankee go home? I'm a bigot/hater/have no teeth kind of guy? NBA?

My opinion is that you have to not lump all into one basket.

That said, I fly an American flag and a Texas flag, at the same height cause we are the state that legally can.
Oden, as much as I'm proud of my state, you might want to look at this...

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/texasflag.asp
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #45
oden
Valued Poster

I have to say that I have never taken an internet site as the last word on anything but I will give in to a Texas
Aggie on anything regarding Texas and I do this as a Longhorn; Aggie's are Texans to the core.
oden is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women