Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40281
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 06-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Under The Texas Administrative Code:
Chapter 140
Subchapter H
Division 2 Code of Ethics
140.306 Advertising.

When you read that section, combined with how they are very specific about what the state considers Massage Therapy (see above) then ads for Body Rub means they MUST conform to the state laws for ads for licensed massage therapists or they are violating the law.

You cannot post an ad for a Body Rub unless you have a license for massage in the State of Texas.

Do they try to enforce that? Rarely.

But it could easily be enforced.
"(c) When an assumed name is used in a person's practice as a massage therapist, the full legal name of the massage therapist or license number of the massage therapist must be listed in each advertisement and each time the business name or assumed name appears in writing. The license number of a massage establishment must be listed in conjunction with the assumed or legal name of the massage establishment. An assumed name used by a massage therapist must not be false, misleading, or deceptive. "

The state tightened the law in 2005 to combat the Asian Bath Houses and the proliferation of prostitutes posing as massage therapists. You cannot give a person a bath anymore like they once freely advertised.

Considering it is expressly forbidden to offer massage (no matter WHAT you call it) in an SOB that is a whole different yet still illegal issue.

LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #17
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazurusLong View Post
Under The Texas Administrative Code:
Chapter 140
Subchapter H
Division 2 Code of Ethics
140.306 Advertising.

When you read that section, combined with how they are very specific about what the state considers Massage Therapy (see above) then ads for Body Rub means they MUST conform to the state laws for ads for licensed massage therapists or they are violating the law.

You cannot post an ad for a Body Rub unless you have a license for massage in the State of Texas.

Do they try to enforce that? Rarely.

But it could easily be enforced.
"(c) When an assumed name is used in a person's practice as a massage therapist, the full legal name of the massage therapist or license number of the massage therapist must be listed in each advertisement and each time the business name or assumed name appears in writing. The license number of a massage establishment must be listed in conjunction with the assumed or legal name of the massage establishment. An assumed name used by a massage therapist must not be false, misleading, or deceptive. "

The state tightened the law in 2005 to combat the Asian Bath Houses and the proliferation of prostitutes posing as massage therapists. You cannot give a person a bath anymore like they once freely advertised.

Considering it is expressly forbidden to offer massage (no matter WHAT you call it) in an SOB that is a whole different yet still illegal issue.
You're close, but you're still not there. The relevant provision isn't subsection (c) of Texas Administrative Code section 140.306, which pertains to licensed massage therapists -- it's subsection (a), which pertains to unlicensed massage therapists:

Quote:
A person, including a massage therapy instructor, a massage school, a massage therapist, or massage establishment, who is not licensed under the Act, shall not use the word "massage" on any sign, display, or other form of advertising unless the person is expressly exempt from the license requirements of the Act. Under no circumstances may a sexually oriented business use the word "massage" or "bath" on any sign or other form of advertising.
See 140 Tex. Admin. Code § 140.306(a) (Tex. Dep't of State Health Servs., Advertising) (2009) (eff. 1-1-09).

The maximum penalty for violation of this provision is a fine (a/k/a an "administrative penalty") "not to exceed $1000 per day for each violation."

See 140 Tex. Admin. Code § 140.372(d)(10) (Tex. Dep't of State Health Servs., Complaints, Violations, Discipline) (2009) (eff. 1-1-09).
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #18
Randilyn
The Lioness!!!!

User ID: 87270
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

to the best of my knowledge ,"and yes ppl (I am an actual CMT on long island )" there are 2 types of therapists . 1 being certified, and the other being lisenced.
certfied means that you have completed your actual school hrs and are permitted to perform light massage therapy with your hands. 2 , the other being licsence'd meaning you get into the medicinal field of the profession (meaning accupuncture, hot stone therapy etc.)
either way if your advertising for massages,accupuncture,hot stone, etc. be sure to carry your paperwork with you. so therefore if your not certified or license'd they can get you on a felony which is more of a charge than a solicitation which is a misdemeanor. LE would rather get you on the felony faster than the misdemeanor.
i have my paperwork just in case i need to fall through a loophole... hope this helps
Randilyn is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #19
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by randigirl View Post
hope this helps
I'm not sure that it does, since we're talking about laws in TEXAS, not laws in NEW YORK or any other state. It should go without saying that each state has its own laws, and the laws in one state differ from those in other states.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #20
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

But the state has explicitly defined other words such as body rubs to be synonyms for the word massage under the rules/statues and laws.

Correct?

Her original question dealt with being able to advertise "body rub" and the law clearly expresses that it doesn't matter what you call it, a rose by any other name is still a rose and a massage, as defined by the state as manipulation of the soft tissue of a body, is still a massage no matter what the hell you choose to call it in your ad that THAT is what it subject to ALL the same laws applicable to massage.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #21
Randilyn
The Lioness!!!!

User ID: 87270
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

my certification carries throughout the usa so i would assume that the laws should be the same. but then again yep i have to agree that the certain unspoken of laws would differ slightly.
Randilyn is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #22
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazurusLong View Post
But the state has explicitly defined other words such as body rubs to be synonyms for the word massage under the rules/statues and laws.

Correct?
Yes. That question was already answered in this thread -- thoroughly.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #23
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by randigirl View Post
my certification carries throughout the usa so i would assume that the laws should be the same. but then again yep i have to agree that the certain unspoken of laws would differ slightly.
You may have a national certification, but I believe you still have to get licensed in each state, or at least in Texas you would. Just because you are certified to have completed a course, does not mean your certification allows you to perform 'body manipulations' on a person. State still wants to (1) make sure you learned the right stuff and (2) COLLECT YOUR REGISTRATION FEES.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #24
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
You may have a national certification, but I believe you still have to get licensed in each state, or at least in Texas you would. Just because you are certified to have completed a course, does not mean your certification allows you to perform 'body manipulations' on a person. State still wants to (1) make sure you learned the right stuff and (2) COLLECT YOUR REGISTRATION FEES.
Exactly. Thank you.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #25
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365

Reiki is a one day license...
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #26
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston View Post
Reiki is a one day license...
Could you explain your comment a bit? Thanks.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #27
Elephant
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
Could you explain your comment a bit? Thanks.
+1
Elephant is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #28
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Reiki does not involve touching the body. All it involves is standing over a person waving your hands over them like in an ancient ritual.

Since there is zero touching or manipulation of the soft tissue, it doesn't fall under the laws regarding "massage".
Old 06-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #29
simplyme
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Damn after reading all that I'm just going to go into the back of the building and massage myself. :-(
simplyme is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #30
xfin
Gaining Momentum

Default Who's a Jigga Whaaaa!

I breased through this thread and only read the posts from the hot chicks, but it seems to me, if we create a Forum for reviews and used that as the defacto ads for providers, unlicensed providers could aquire business without actually advertising.

In other words, the customers advertise for the providers, the providers don't get in trouble, and we're all happy!

To make it a little clearer, the providers create fake ID's, advertise their services under phony reviews with fake pictures, and wa-la, everybody is happy.

Or, just go to Craigs List or Back Page and do what everyone else is doing, eh?

xfin is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women