Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 03-08-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Candle Wax, etc.

Last week I was messing around and a friend dropped hot candle wax on my chest. I nearly hit the ceiling. It hurt!

So I would appreciate any information on this. Gosh, I LOVE looking at the pictures featured of this in another thread. Gives new meaning to the word, "hot"!

I have a link that I will try to find of some candles that turn into massage oil once they're heated but any information would really be appreciated.

I do know that low heat candles are key but surely the folks out there know more about using candles as an addition to sensual play.

Thanks!
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

http://www.edenfantasys.com/bwarm/adult-toys-dvds-25861

This site has a few candles listed just for this purpose but I haven't ordered any, yet.

Elisabeth
Old 03-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
supersarge
Account Disabled

Encounters: 41
Default Candle Wax

Love it. Especially blindfolded.
supersarge is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
Miss Sophie Bella
Account Disabled

User ID: 6378

I love hot wax play, especially in combination with other forms of sensory play.

Quick disclaimer: It's important to be sure you're using plain white, paraffin candles. The wax is hot enough to sting for just a second, but won't burn the skin or leave a mark. Other kinds of wax, particularly colored wax and bees wax, melts at a higher temperature and can lead to slight burns and increased pain. I'll let you decide for yourself whether that's a bad thing

Having your bottom restrained with soft ties, blindfolded, and covering them in soft caresses, then dripping them in warm wax, alternated with ice and kisses, and then increasing the intensity as you go...it's as sexy as it gets. The anticipation of the wax burning you is much more frightening than the actual sensation. It just takes a bit to get used to the momentary heat. I've also found it's a bit of a "gateway drug" in sensory play. Once you've got them hooked on wax play it's easy to introduce more intense stimulation without the bottom getting scared. Fun!
Miss Sophie Bella is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Guest050911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Wax is a HOT topic, lol!

I have learned a few things on the subject.... The higher the oil content, the cooler the wax is, I tend to use the inexpensive ones used for religious observances that are in the glass containers, allows for plenty of wax melting. I also place my hand over the submissive's body, and drop wax on it first, to do a temp check. If it is the right temp, then on it goes.
Wax is GREAT fun, and like Sarge Said, with a blindfold and some other different sensory toys, it really takes things to a new level...

Wax on, Wax off!

PPE
Guest050911 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Encounters: 63
Default Assorted Wax Pics

KohanaKoa is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #7
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for the comments thus far and I also appreciate the images but this seems like VERY messy play and something that I wouldn't want to do on my bed.

What should you do to make it ... well, neater? Throw a blanket down or a tarp? (I'm only half teasing with this question!)

Elisabeth
Old 03-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
Guest050911
Account Disabled

My dearest EW,

Yes, exactly... I have used blankets, old sheets, shower curtains....

Messy fun, easy cleanup!

PPE
Old 03-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
supersarge
Account Disabled

Encounters: 41
Default Candle Wax and EW

Now all she needs is a willing subject.
supersarge is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
Guest050911
Account Disabled

Sigh... Don't we all.....

Olivia,Olivia... Anyone else??
Old 03-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #11
Willen
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

The other aspect that hasn't been mentioned is the height from which the wax is dropped, and th eamount you drop. The higher the distance, the more it cools in the fall--no surprise there. The more the mass the greater the sensation and the more likely it may leave a mild burn mark.,

So experience pays off, in knowing the characteristics of your candle wax, but also the height you choose to drip it from. That also affects the splash/splatter pattern.
Willen is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #12
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
Thanks for the comments thus far and I also appreciate the images but this seems like VERY messy play and something that I wouldn't want to do on my bed.

What should you do to make it ... well, neater? Throw a blanket down or a tarp? (I'm only half teasing with this question!)

Elisabeth
Do it in the other person's bed. Make him/her clean it up.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:34 AM   #13
Guest032514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 3495
My ECCIE Reviews

Paraffin. the religious candles...OMG PPE! I hope you at least have the saints faces facing the other way! lol

I love colors on a body that looks like some crazy abstract art, but I'm very visual. Paints markers...love the aesthetic. (Got a free pass into Bonnaroo last year because I modeled for a body paint artist)

Alternating hot and cold is major sensory awareness. Love it. You can get parafin wax, put it in one of those potpourri wax thingamabobs, melt a lot and just pour.....Add a little food color. Wax will harden and you just flake it off of ...whatever. Remember in BDSM plastic, sheeeting, tarps....obvious clean up equipment is much more accepted than in regular play.

Used to be a guy in middle TN who had Minstral Dinners by candlelight. He used some interesting candelabras.
Guest032514-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #14
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePussyEater View Post
Sigh... Don't we all.....

Olivia,Olivia... Anyone else??

I know, I know………..I was going to try it the other night, but all I had was one of those big religious candles. He thought it would be too much wax so we didn’t. But PPE, you say they are the preferred ones; then bring them on!

Ya’ll have problems finding someone willing to get wax dribbled on them; I have problems finding someone willing to do it. If I screamed, “Take me to bed or loose me for ever.” no prob; but tie me down and drip hot wax on me and they run!
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #15
Going Vagal
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

Stick with paraffin candles ONLY. Speaking from experience, stay away from bee's wax candles. They can be very dangerous, they will leave blisters - And that is all I have to say on the subject.
Going Vagal is offline   Quote