Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160459
Yssup Rider59884
gman4452912
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47496
pyramider46370
bambino40304
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 04-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #16
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I saw a poll (I think it was a rasmussen poll) on Fox last night with the question being...Would you vote for this man? Trump got 10%...same as Romney.

I did not pay attention to whom it was polling or other stuff that most defintely would be relevant...I just saw the numbers. So, don't ask me a bunch of questions about all that...lol.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #17
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

I'm always amused when people talk about experiences that could qualify someone to do such a unique job. Theoretically, the president is the chief law enforcement officer and CNC of the armed forces. But I don't remember any cops ever running, and damned few generals.

I also think it is a mistake to compare the office of POTUS to that of a CEO in business. The government should not be a business. I also don't think electing a POTUS with any agenda other than sticking to the letter of the Constitution is a good idea.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #18
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
If you're looking for a person who is a businessperson and a public figure whose name is well known, I nominate Oprah. Thinks quickly on her feet, good at business, empathetic, and has good common sense. Might even be formidable. Plus it would break the political gender barrier.

IDT she would ever consider it.
She'd never run against her dream man...

...but I think she has a MUCH better chance of ever being elected than The Donald

again we are out in fantasyland...none of it is going to happen
Old 04-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #19
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
I'm always amused when people talk about experiences that could qualify someone to do such a unique job. Theoretically, the president is the chief law enforcement officer and CNC of the armed forces. But I don't remember any cops ever running, and damned few generals.

I also think it is a mistake to compare the office of POTUS to that of a CEO in business. The government should not be a business. I also don't think electing a POTUS with any agenda other than sticking to the letter of the Constitution is a good idea.
I guess I tend to differ a bit with that conclusion...albeit, as brief as your post is, I'm sure there are more thoughts behind it.

I think of a CEO (at least of a large multinational company) as being a manager of people. He actually does very little in terms of what we would normally call "work". He surrounds himslef with smart folks who have a good understanding of their particular role. While it is a personal opinion of mine...I prefer a CEO that rose through the operational side of the business (and then learned finance)...as opposed to a CEO who rose through the finance side of the business...and then tries to learn operations. It is easier to learn finance (on your own) than it is to learn operations (on your own). The working end of a shovel can only be understood by actually working it. I think the CEO who came up from operations has a better understanding of the ramifications of his (and his subordinates) decisions than the finance CEO...but I'll admit that is an opinion.

I do think we misuse the CEO title though. For instance, I think Trump is more of an entreprenuer than a CEO. And an entrepreneur is a different breed of cat than a CEO. An entrepreneur involves himself much more in the decision processes than a CEO. The entreperneur has less trust (or maybe confidence is the right word) in his subordinates than the CEO, and will tend to say "Get the f*ck out of the way, I'll do it myself"...rely on his own instincts...and just bull his way through to a successful outcome. That gets harder and harder to do as the organization gets larger and larger. And the Fed Gov is a pretty large organization.

That is a longwinded way of saying that I think a true CEO is probably exactly the right man for the job. It is easier for a man (or woman) who understands operations and finance, to hire a subordinate to remind him that there are more things to think about than money...than it is for a man (or woman) who understands all the things other than operations or finance, to hire a subordinate to remind him of operations and finance.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #20
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

@RK

Agreed, especially as to rising through the operational side of the house.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #21
Marshall
BANNED

CEO as POTUS-no

CEO has more control over his organization than the POTUS has over the Federal Government.......POTUS has to share power with the Congress and the Supreme Court....dealing with the other 2 branches of government requires a different skill set to get things done......

you can't even say that a CEO in one industry will be able to transfer his skills to another industry.....a CEO needs to understand his business.....POTUS requires someone who knows the business of government
Old 04-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #22
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=200348
Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #23
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
He already sounds like a liberal.
At least lib-curious........
Old 04-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #24
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
you can't even say that a CEO in one industry can transfer his skills to another industry.....a CEO needs to understand his business
Why can't I? These three come to mind in less than a minute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Akerson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Mulally
http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices/aboutus/execprofiles/mcnerney.html
Old 04-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #25
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
If you're looking for a person who is a businessperson and a public figure whose name is well known, I nominate Oprah.
Isn't she the one responsible for getting the Appointed One going? Yeah, lets take another bite of that apple.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #26
Marshall
BANNED

Sure, after the fact, but not before it.....
Old 04-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #27
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
I'd totally vote for him. I love Mr. Trump!
well his wife was a "model" living in vienna for a while.....;-))))) so gotta love him.....
Old 04-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #28
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
well his wife was a "model" living in vienna for a while.....;-))))) so gotta love him.....
I like Melaina trump so much I named a family member after her. Now... I'd do the Donald and I'd vote for him just for that reason. I mean... he's very attractive..... in more ways than one . We all know that's why I voted for Obama. LOL.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #29
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
I like Melaina trump so much I named a family member after her. Now... I'd do the Donald and I'd vote for him just for that reason. I mean... he's very attractive..... in more ways than one . We all know that's why I voted for Obama. LOL.
Isn't he a Black American; not an African?

Unless, you are a birther I guess

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=197075

But then not so many birthers voted for BHO
Old 04-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #30
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Isn't he a Black American; not an African?

Unless, you are a birther I guess

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=197075

But then not so many birthers voted for BHO
Nope actually his father was from Africa (Kenya) and his mother is white. She was from Kansas. Obama was born in Hawaii but has african in him so I like. Don't tell me you haven't been reading your history. Shame on you. Why is it that you have a problem with the kind of men I like?

Technically, He IS Black American. He is also the president so yes I would do him. Do you want to keep talking about Trump (the topic of the thread) of the kind of men I choose to date since you're so intrigued.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women