Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452908
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47499
pyramider46370
bambino40301
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35287
Mojojo33117

Old 12-15-2019, 01:30 PM   #31
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
You're an idiot. My little, little friend. I don't use multiple exclamation marks.

Thank you - 9500
i understand your justification is based on patronizing and use of exclamation points.

LOL
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #32
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Not mine. People who are on a fixed income are seeing their purchasing power decline. Luckily my fixed income is on the high side so I don't feel the negative impact of Trump's tariffs as much as others on a fixed income. Food prices are increasing. Overall cost of living is increasing, although modestly. Still increasing at a faster rate than my income.

Now there is something you don't hear everyday, high fixed income. I will understand if you don't want to get into your personal finances but what "fixed" income are you on SS, SSI, pension because I can't think of any others and unless one is unable to work we all pick what we want to do to some degree. If one is able to work, ones income doesn't have to be fixed. If one can not move easily to a better job because of their personal choices, whose fault is that?

I saw an article today offering advice on which jobs will be in most demand in the near future. Which jobs will offer more upward mobility. People who get stuck in dead-end jobs with no hope of moving up might have to ask themselves if they made the right life choices.

I'm on two fixed incomes SS and pension but in the only 2 jobs I have ever held, the Navy and the telecommunications business, upward mobility was abundant. I guess you could say I was lucky on the second but not everybody that hired on the same time I did, got the promotions I did and there was a good reason for that.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #33
mike111
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
I wish they would take those jobs and work their way up, and sometimes they do.

However, I sometimes look at all the construction crews out there and wonder if Mexican/Latino contractors flat out discriminate...against whitey.

This is not to say I don't understand and respect hardworking Latinos coming here to work and feed their families but we need to consider American born poor first, as well as our entire society which now is balkanized and disunited.
I know this is anecdotal but I used to work in construction and pretty much all the contractors were white. They all hired Latinos.
mike111 is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #34
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
I know this is anecdotal but I used to work in construction and pretty much all the contractors were white. They all hired Latinos.
High value at low cost. Poor white people can't stoop to that level.
eccieuser9500 is online now   Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:46 PM   #35
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
At this moment, you could go to any construction site in the greater Houston Metro Area and find the workers are 98% Hispanic.

The same can be said for Shipyards and Fab Shops.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:08 PM   #36
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

As long as the poor white class refuse to do the jobs at the going rate, no complaint should be had.
eccieuser9500 is online now   Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #37
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
Are you basing that on your personal anecdotal evidence, the pablum the media is feeding you based on the tarriffs, or on the CPI(Consumer Price Index), which gives a pretty good picture of price/purchase power changes.

And if you didn't account for a moderate ongoing cost of living increase in your retirement, then shame on you.
I have very little to no control over my (our) retirement income. Social Security gets a COLA each year. Minimal but better than nothing. Two pensions which are fixed. Investments which pay a fixed amount for the rest of our lives. I'm not complaining about my (our) income. Median household income was $63,179 in 2018 in the U.S. Average family income for retirees was $48,000. These are the people are impacted most by price increases.

It's difficult to measure how much Trump's tariffs are costing each family. I've seen estimates from $600 to $1,000. Anything made with steel or aluminum is more expensive. Had the new tariffs gone into affect this month the toll would have been much greater. I can guarantee you food prices are up. Restaurant prices are up. Housing costs are up. CPI was 1.7% in 2019 and 2.0% in 2020 (estimated). So anyone with a fixed income is losing money.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:34 PM   #38
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
Now there is something you don't hear everyday, high fixed income. I will understand if you don't want to get into your personal finances but what "fixed" income are you on SS, SSI, pension because I can't think of any others and unless one is unable to work we all pick what we want to do to some degree. If one is able to work, ones income doesn't have to be fixed. If one can not move easily to a better job because of their personal choices, whose fault is that?

I saw an article today offering advice on which jobs will be in most demand in the near future. Which jobs will offer more upward mobility. People who get stuck in dead-end jobs with no hope of moving up might have to ask themselves if they made the right life choices.

I'm on two fixed incomes SS and pension but in the only 2 jobs I have ever held, the Navy and the telecommunications business, upward mobility was abundant. I guess you could say I was lucky on the second but not everybody that hired on the same time I did, got the promotions I did and there was a good reason for that.
"High fixed income" is a relative term. Some might say our income is pitiful. Others might look at it in awe. When I look at what the average retirement family income is, I consider ourselves to be in great shape financially.

I worked for the same company for 46 years. Good pension (fixed), which no longer exists for current employees. I receive Social Security which I don't consider "fixed income" since there is a COLA each year. Then there is income from my 401k which was moved into an equity investment once I retired. This too is fixed but the principal can grow. As I said, we are very content with our income.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:37 PM   #39
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Ever hear of short term pain, long term gain? It's looking like that may be the case with "Trump's tariffs". I often heard when my union decided to walk that what we would get in a new contract wouldn't make up for what we lost but we did it anyway. Short term pain, long term gain.

The ink isn't dry on the whole China deal but it sounds like farmers will be better off after the new deal than the old deal. Will they make up what they lost? Who knows but it sure looks like the farmers of the future will do better than the farmers prior to Trump. Somebody had to stand up to China and you don't stand up to anybody without short term pain.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:41 PM   #40
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
"High fixed income" is a relative term. Some might say our income is pitiful. Others might look at it in awe. When I look at what the average retirement family income is, I consider ourselves to be in great shape financially.

I worked for the same company for 46 years. Good pension (fixed), which no longer exists for current employees. I receive Social Security which I don't consider "fixed income" since there is a COLA each year. Then there is income from my 401k which was moved into an equity investment once I retired. This too is fixed but the principal can grow. As I said, we are very content with our income.

Our situations sound about identical but perhaps not in actual dollar amounts.

I guess what I'm not understanding is what you want done besides go back to a time when Trump wasn't President and China was kicking our ass. Are you for price controls, government COLA's? What is your main complaint and your solution to fix it?
Old 12-15-2019, 05:45 PM   #41
eccielover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I have very little to no control over my (our) retirement income. Social Security gets a COLA each year. Minimal but better than nothing. Two pensions which are fixed. Investments which pay a fixed amount for the rest of our lives. I'm not complaining about my (our) income. Median household income was $63,179 in 2018 in the U.S. Average family income for retirees was $48,000. These are the people are impacted most by price increases.

It's difficult to measure how much Trump's tariffs are costing each family. I've seen estimates from $600 to $1,000. Anything made with steel or aluminum is more expensive. Had the new tariffs gone into affect this month the toll would have been much greater. I can guarantee you food prices are up. Restaurant prices are up. Housing costs are up. CPI was 1.7% in 2019 and 2.0% in 2020 (estimated). So anyone with a fixed income is losing money.
Yes, largely all very true statements. And I'm sure I'll be accused of whataboutism, but if you compare apples to apples in time of terms, the CPI in 2011 was about 3.2%. Seems like 1.7% and 2.0% are better comparatively. Trump is better today than Obama was at the same period.

And while food costs are up, energy costs are down, so someone on a true fixed income watching their expenses are running pretty even. Housing is up but most fixed income should not be looking for major housing changes. Again, if they didn't own their house by retirement, then shame on them. And Restaurant prices being up. Are you serious in that statement? If you can't afford it on your fixed income, then don't think you can go out so often.

Simple financial management of those on fixed incomes can deal with the very low to moderate increases going on right now.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:45 PM   #42
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
Ever hear of short term pain, long term gain? It's looking like that may be the case with "Trump's tariffs". I often heard when my union decided to walk that what we would get in a new contract wouldn't make up for what we lost but we did it anyway. Short term pain, long term gain.

The ink isn't dry on the whole China deal but it sounds like farmers will be better off after the new deal than the old deal. Will they make up what they lost? Who knows but it sure looks like the farmers of the future will do better than the farmers prior to Trump. Somebody had to stand up to China and you don't stand up to anybody without short term pain.
Yes, we might have short term pain for long term gain. Farmers will definitely do better with the short term deal but they've been getting subsidies, paid for by taxpayers.

All I can say is right now the tariffs are a "hidden tax" because we rarely look at prices on the day of purchase and compare them to what they might have been had we purchased the product earlier.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:51 PM   #43
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post

Simple financial management of those on fixed incomes can deal with the very low to moderate increases going on right now.
That's very easy to say but many, if not most, fixed income families live paycheck to paycheck and any increase in expenses means they have to cut back somewhere else.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:13 PM   #44
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
As long as the poor white class refuse to do the jobs at the going rate, no complaint should be had.

why are you picking on poor whites?

poor blacks used to do those jobs too.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:09 AM   #45
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
If they have an equal shot at the jobs and are treated the same on the job then I agree.

Fuckers need to work no matter what color skin they have.
friendly fred is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women