Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 12-12-2017, 07:02 AM   #151
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post

And where are they not getting 'equal rights'? Besides marriage that is (well till the surpreme court passed gay marriage last year)..

Using the bathroom of their choice - Their right to use it, steps all over the rights of the majority to NOT have someone of the opposite sex.. SO I FULLY am against this!

SO what other 'rights' are they being denied?
Here is your statement:

"I am Agnostic, and i am also against the LGBTQ community.. Doesn't mean we are WRONG for our beliefs.."

And some comments from Roy Moore:

"Homosexual conduct should be illegal, yes," Moore answered.

Moore has been a staunch opponent of LGBT rights throughout his career. Last September he was suspended from Alabama's Supreme Court for failing to comply with the Federal Supreme Court's ruling that legalized gay marriage nationwide. In 2014, Moore wrote letters to all 50 state governors calling on them to convene a constitutional convention to ban gay marriage.

It took the LGBTQ community decades to gain fairly equal rights in this country. Per your comments and the comments or Moore, which are still common today in many people's minds, I would hardly say that they have the same rights as straight people A same-sex couple should have the right to walk down any street in this country knowing they won't be bullied or harassed. That is not the case today.

FWIW, I agree with you on the transgender bathroom issue.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:52 AM   #152
goodolboy
Looking for my ATF

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Here is your statement:

"I am Agnostic, and i am also against the LGBTQ community.. Doesn't mean we are WRONG for our beliefs.."

And some comments from Roy Moore:

"Homosexual conduct should be illegal, yes," Moore answered.

Moore has been a staunch opponent of LGBT rights throughout his career. Last September he was suspended from Alabama's Supreme Court for failing to comply with the Federal Supreme Court's ruling that legalized gay marriage nationwide. In 2014, Moore wrote letters to all 50 state governors calling on them to convene a constitutional convention to ban gay marriage.

It took the LGBTQ community decades to gain fairly equal rights in this country. Per your comments and the comments or Moore, which are still common today in many people's minds, I would hardly say that they have the same rights as straight people A same-sex couple should have the right to walk down any street in this country knowing they won't be bullied or harassed. That is not the case today.

FWIW, I agree with you on the transgender bathroom issue.

Is having other people agree with your moral positions, or at least pretend to agree with you a legal right? I can't find it in the Constitution. Do you know of a legal right that Gays are denied?
goodolboy is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #153
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolboy View Post
Is having other people agree with your moral positions, or at least pretend to agree with you a legal right? I can't find it in the Constitution. Do you know of a legal right that Gays are denied?
I am not asking you or garhkal to support any position that I might have, on any subject. I don't believe I've come close to stating that anyone must change based on my opinion. Roy Moore is a bigot. I don't think based on his statements that that is in question. Moore has every legal right to feel the way he does, as do I, you and garhkal. My personal belief is that to dislike another person based solely on that person's color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation is wrong and if others disagree with me, that is fine. Opinions are expressed on this website many times each day.

As for legal rights that gays are denied -- nothing major that I can think of, There are always court cases that are in the system that require answers on such rights. For example, does a cake maker have the right to refuse services to a same-sex couple? What I was alluding to in my previous post, and probably did not accurately state, was that rights that gays have are being violated by many.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #154
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I am not asking you or garhkal to support any position that I might have, on any subject. I don't believe I've come close to stating that anyone must change based on my opinion. Roy Moore is a bigot. I don't think based on his statements that that is in question. Moore has every legal right to feel the way he does, as do I, you and garhkal. My personal belief is that to dislike another person based solely on that person's color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation is wrong and if others disagree with me, that is fine. Opinions are expressed on this website many times each day.

As for legal rights that gays are denied -- nothing major that I can think of, There are always court cases that are in the system that require answers on such rights. For example, does a cake maker have the right to refuse services to a same-sex couple? What I was alluding to in my previous post, and probably did not accurately state, was that rights that gays have are being violated by many.
You use the term bigot because he holds a view that you disagree with. That is very unfair and you don't know. If I don't believe that the descendants of slaves should NOT get 40 acres and a mule does that make me a bigot?
If you believe that the primarily black citizens of Chicago should NOT be allowed to own weapons does that make you a bigot?

Correction for you...The bakers did not refuse a gay couple, they refused to recognize gay marriage on religious grounds. They have had the couple as customers prior to the wedding.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #155
goodolboy
Looking for my ATF

If I own a DJ business and I am asked to supply my service for a Party at a gay bar, do I have the right to refuse service, and to not be forced into that environment against my will?
Old 12-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #156
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

if you DJ Gospel and Praise Music you might have a shot
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #157
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
You use the term bigot because he holds a view that you disagree with. That is very unfair and you don't know. If I don't believe that the descendants of slaves should NOT get 40 acres and a mule does that make me a bigot?
If you believe that the primarily black citizens of Chicago should NOT be allowed to own weapons does that make you a bigot?

Correction for you...The bakers did not refuse a gay couple, they refused to recognize gay marriage on religious grounds. They have had the couple as customers prior to the wedding.
Actually, JDrunk, that is EXACTLY the definition of the word bigot.

Figured a man of letters like you would know that.
big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #158
goodolboy
Looking for my ATF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Actually, JDrunk, that is EXACTLY the definition of the word bigot.

Figured a man of letters like you would know that.
big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
LOL, so if I say I like Mexican food and my friend say's they think it sucks, but they do like French food, are they a bigot for holding a different opinion than me?
Old 12-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #159
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Here is the definition of the word "bigot".
"a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion".
Does that fit moore? Yes. Does moore have a right to be a bigot? As long as it doesn't affect his job (and it's obvious it does). Does Judge moore have a right to force his beliefs on us in violation of the law? No.
Disagreeing and being intolerant are 2 totally different things, especially when you're a judge.
That's why he was removed from the bench. Not for standing up for his beliefs. He was removed for trying to force his beliefs on us in violation of the law.
Quote:

Religous grounds come after our nation's laws and the Constitution.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #160
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Not big on word definitions, are you?
The key word is intolerant.
I don't give a shit how you feel about Mexican or French food. But I respect, or understand, that you have the right to feel any way you want to about it. I am tolerant of your opinions whether I agree with them or not.
Quote:
LOL, so if I say I like Mexican food and my friend say's they think it sucks, but they do like French food, are they a bigot for holding a different opinion than me?
Old 12-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #161
goodolboy
Looking for my ATF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
Not big on word definitions, are you?
The key word is intolerant.
I don't give a shit how you feel about Mexican or French food. But I respect, or understand, that you have the right to feel any way you want to about it. I am tolerant of your opinions whether I agree with them or not.
Not big on reading comprehension are you? Note the red I highlighted in the post I quoted, and answered. For most the fact that the sentence started with "Lol" would have been a adequate hint to the nature of the post. Yes, we all know how to google "bigot". well, most of us anyway.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #162
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

religious freedoms come in our laws and constitution, not after our laws and constitution

as a creative and one of a kind designed cake, it is an expression of art as well, and thus a freedom of speech issue as well
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:25 PM   #163
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:

Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

So does Roy Moore meet that definition based on his statements on LGBTQs?

When asked in a 2005 C-SPAN2 interview with Bill Press, Moore said that “homosexual conduct should be illegal.”

"The common law designates homosexuality as an inherent evil, and if a person openly engages in such a practice, that fact alone would render him or her an unfit parent." (2002)

In an interview with Bill Press on C-SPAN 2’s After Words, Press read an excerpt from one of Moore’s Supreme Court decisions in which the judge describes homosexuality as “abhorrent, immoral, detestable, a crime against nature and a violation of the laws of nature and nature's God upon which the nation and our laws are predicated.”

When appearing on the radio show of a pastor who once said the Bible calls for the “death penalty for homosexuals,” Moore said “God’s laws are always superior to man’s laws.”

And how about his comments on Muslims?

The U.S. Senate candidate wrote in 2006 that newly-elected Representative Keith Ellison, a Muslim, should be prohibited from taking the oath of office.

He went on to add that Islamic law is "simply incompatible with our law."

He went on to compare taking the oath of office on a Quran with allowing an oath of office to be taken with Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf" in 1943 or Karl Marx's "Communist Manifesto" during the Cold War.

I would say that Moore's comments on gays definitely meets the definition of being a bigot, and his comment on Muslims could also be considered the same.

The first example you gave is not bigotry because the actions did not meet the definition of a bigot. If I do not sell a weapon to a black customer but sell the weapon to a white person, I am discriminating. Whether or not it meets the definition of bigotry is hard to tell. Why didn't I sell the weapon to the black customer?

Regarding the cake maker -- you are splitting hairs. He refused to make a wedding cake for the couple. Yes, based on religious grounds. But he still refused service. SCOTUS ruling coming.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #164
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. The post you referenced was in response to barleycorn's.
His examples were along the same lines except he didn't have "lol" in his. And it looks like he doesn't know about googling or dictionary.com either.

And knowing how to google doesn't mean a person knows when to.

Right?

Quote:
Not big on reading comprehension are you? Note the red I highlighted in the post I quoted, and answered. For most the fact that the sentence started with "Lol" would have been a adequate hint to the nature of the post. Yes, we all know how to google "bigot". well, most of us anyway.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #165
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

It was to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit, not sexual assault. Huge difference between the 2.
Harassment is a civil matter. Assault is a criminal matter.

And the case had already been dismissed when he paid (the lawsuit was under appeal).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ones111498.htm

Quote:
So you did not support Bill Clinton with all the allegations against him and a pay out of $850,000 to end a sexual assault case against him? Did you call for him to step down?

Yes I voted for Trump over crooked Hillary, and if I lived in Alabama I would vote for Moore over the Liberal Doug Jones. I also think allegations are going to be a normal part of every election for some time to come, and the allegations being decades old with little to no evidence will be common.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women