Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > Coed Discussions - New Orleans
Coed Discussions - New Orleans Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59988
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47594
pyramider46370
bambino40334
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 06-18-2016, 10:52 AM   #1
Melissa Madyson
Account Disabled

User ID: 89913
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Do you think this will be a bad storm season this year??

Random thought for today: Ever notice when it rains and storms so hard it can flood and blow down trees and power lines, yet leave the tiniest flower unscathed??

Do you guys and ladies think this will be a bad hurricane season this year, and if so what should we do to prepare??

Since I am a new homeowner I am especially concerned. What do you other homeowners do each year to prepare for it??
Happy Hobbying!!

Thanks in advance!!
M.M.
Melissa Madyson is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:28 AM   #2
holmes50
Premium Access

Encounters: 72

I never gave much thought to hurricanes until I retired the first time and move backed to south Louisiana in 08. Now I am very aware. We are due for a bad season........hope I am wrong. I always keep a supply of batteries and can goods. My stove is gas so if the electricity goes out I can still cook. Also, if you have a bbq pit keep charcoal on hand. I also have a big easy fryer that runs on propane. Last, I have a generator. If your stove runs on electricity a generator will come in handy if you have a portable grill or oven. I also keep my gas cans full during the season.

You can google for a hurricane check list. Finally, always make sure my ammo is updated.
holmes50 is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:14 PM   #3
wildwing
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Hi MM,
This time of year always keep your car full of gas. Used to keep lanterns and candles but now I have a generator. I also have some meals that won't expire for 20 years and I keep a lot of water around all the time. If a storm does come fill a tub with water so you can flush the toilets if water pressure becomes an issue. My dad actually built wooden shutters to put on the windows. If you have stuff outside that can blow away, move it in. Also if for some reason you need to leave during the storm keep a couple windows cracked open if you can to equalize pressure. These bad storms can create tornadoes.
wildwing is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:47 PM   #4
myren1900
The hand of the Goddess

Encounters: 110
Lightbulb some less commonly mentioned ideas / 2016 hurricane activity

A very good advice I got was to fill as many clean gallon milk jars (80% full) with water and put them in the unused space in the freezer before the storm hit.
That way, if the electricity goes off, frozen food will stay cold for a few days. And later you will have additional water to drink if these is a water contamination problem in the days that follows.
Also charge all laptops, and have a USB charger for your car, so the car battery
or laptop can be used to charge cell phones.

With respect to predicted hurricane activity, 2016 is predicted to be more active than average:

https://www.inverse.com/article/1711...-sandy-in-2012
myren1900 is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:47 PM   #5
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

great advice,...I was around during Ike....3 days with no electricity in a 3rd floor apartment and a 3 year old in the mix...uggghhhh never wanna do that again! lol

great advice above....also make sure you have board games and magazines on hand to cure boredom and lots of candles and a decent candlelighter
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
myren1900
The hand of the Goddess

Encounters: 110
Cool ... and cash !!!

Particularly relevant for this board, make sure you have cash for several days.
ATMs may not work if power is out !

Not all Eccie providers takes credit cards !

myren1900 is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 04:59 PM   #7
David-Louisiana
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Bugging out quickly

I would recommend having some large plastic trash bags to use to put all refrigerated food into one or two before bugging out. If power goes out with you away, The fridge won't be foul. Charcoal briquettes also are great from removing any foul smells that may escape.

We had a normal cycle of bad storms in 2005. Likely not for another 30 years or so (which is quite normal)

Betsy's floodwater in New Orleans East was the same height as Katrina's, well at least within an inch in difference.
David-Louisiana is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:37 PM   #8
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

This season will be fairly active.

Get ready.
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:18 PM   #9
annie@christophers
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 4912
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Man that was so gross...

Ugh. I even see a raindrop to big to handle for the rest of my life I'm running out door. All the above is correct..DO ALL. In Katrina I had 800 cash. How was I to know they shut off your accounts?? And the refrigerator? Holy shit. Remember those green flies that were in packs and bit the shot out of you? Then someone said it was cause all the meat in friges. Well hell. MELLISA...DON'T FORGET ANNIE TREE ....LOL DIG HER UP AND HAUL AS SISTER!! XOXO ANNIE
annie@christophers is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:03 PM   #10
Melissa Madyson
Account Disabled

User ID: 89913
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks all of you wonderful people for such awesome advice!! Stocking up now...
M.M.
Melissa Madyson is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women