Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59844
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47424
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 02-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

User ID: 66305
Default The importance of leaving a positive legacy...

The importance of leaving a legacy.

I often think of legacy in terms of relationships and family. Legacies can mean anything from financial, to spiritual (albeit I am not a spiritual person), to the impact you had on others lives.

Leaving a positive legacy for others to follow can be a positive goal in life. The hope is that your legacy continues long after you are gone and that it continues to change lives in a positive way.

What do you want your legacy to be? How would you go about creating your legacy in life?
Bebe Le Strange is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Failed that goal.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Failed that goal.

Hey you can always start now..lol
Old 02-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
Hey you can always start now..lol
Except for Presidents, a legacy is usually what you leave from your lifetime. If I started now, I'd be late to the party.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

I try and be the best mother I can be, I want my son to grow up to be a good person and I want to teach him the importance of being kind to everyone, and to treat ladies with respect and chivalry...I wan't him to have everything I didn't have, I want him to have a good family and children, and hope he will teach his children some of the positive things I've taught him
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

To paraphrase the great Harry Callahan, 'everyone's a legend in their own mind'. Everyone wants to be remembered but the truth is the youth of today have a shorter attention span, the internet is in constant flux and everything is created and disappears in a flash. I worry post X-Generation, the next few Gens have no reverence nor care for anything unless it's on FB or Youtube. Your best chance for a legacy is with those you know.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 51

I have no doubt my greatest legacy will be my daughter. We have gone to great lengths steer her away from bigotry, hatred and any sense of entitlement. She is already showing many good qualities of a compassionate, well rounded young woman.
I have seen her and the people with whom she interacts in action and am quite comfortable leaving the future in their hands. I hope I'm right.
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

One of the ancient 7 wonders of the world was The temple of Artemis at Ephesus. Made of marble and adorned with rare wood and gold. After it was completed and opened to the world it was destroyed in fire by a nobody arsonist. Herostratus set the fire because he said it was his way to be remembered. For over 2 thousand years it has worked.

"I have seen the walls and Hanging Gardens of ancient Babylon, the statue of Olympian Zeus, the Colossus of Rhodes, the mighty work of the high Pyramids and the tomb of Mausolus. But when I saw the temple at Ephesus rising to the clouds, all these other wonders were put in the shade"- Philon of Byzantium
Ancient 7 wonders of the world.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

My father grew up during the depression went off to WWII right out of high school serving in Africa and Italy. With only a high school education started his own construction company that evolved into real estate Development Company in the SF Bay Area.

I asked him what he wanted his legacy to be. He wanted to be remembered as an individual who changed people’s outlook on life. Who no matter what age they were and with a little help could fulfill their dream.

My father’s proudest achievement was not building and owning strip malls, apartments and warehouses it was the foundation he started to help people get educated and start their own businesses and in turn those people giving back to the foundation so we can continue to educate and help others start and grow a business.
5150 is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #10
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
One of the ancient 7 wonders of the world was The temple of Artemis at Ephesus. Made of marble and adorned with rare wood and gold. After it was completed and opened to the world it was destroyed in fire by a nobody arsonist. Herostratus set the fire because he said it was his way to be remembered. For over 2 thousand years it has worked.

"I have seen the walls and Hanging Gardens of ancient Babylon, the statue of Olympian Zeus, the Colossus of Rhodes, the mighty work of the high Pyramids and the tomb of Mausolus. But when I saw the temple at Ephesus rising to the clouds, all these other wonders were put in the shade"- Philon of Byzantium
Ancient 7 wonders of the world.
True that people often times remember the bad things someone has done instead of the good things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
My father grew up during the depression went off to WWII right out of high school serving in Africa and Italy. With only a high school education started his own construction company that evolved into real estate Development Company in the SF Bay Area.

I asked him what he wanted his legacy to be. He wanted to be remembered as an individual who changed people’s outlook on life. Who no matter what age they were and with a little help could fulfill their dream.

My father’s proudest achievement was not building and owning strip malls, apartments and warehouses it was the foundation he started to help people get educated and start their own businesses and in turn those people giving back to the foundation so we can continue to educate and help others start and grow a business.
This to me is most profound. When someone really takes the time and effort to help those outside of family. To give to those who are in most need and never stop giving even if it hurts.

I remember in the news a man and his family who lived on very meager means and would cook for the masses, for the indigent in their city. Their oven broke down from over use, and they had to use a family members oven downstairs from their apartment. Eventually he and his family's efforts were recognized and the fire department and others in the city donated money for a multi level oven in their home, so that they could cook for hundreds of people. They even brought everything to "code" as required by the health department on serving food to the public. To this day they still continue even though he and his family make minimum wage.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women