Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #1
Dreaming 808
Registered Member

Default Hobby Site Wars

There seems to some friction between two hobby sites, USA Sex Guide and Monger Guide. This made me wonder, do you know of any hobby sites that use to go at it like the Hatfield's and Mccoy's?
Dreaming 808 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:41 PM   #2
camouflage
Account Disabled

http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5

Quote:
#27 - ECCIE policy regarding the discussion of competing websites is intended to exhibit a straight-forward and simple approach. We do not disallow mention of other sites here at ECCIE, however we ask that you limit those discussions to the "Other Hobby Sites" thread located in the Member Suggestions and Feedback forum. This is the area that we have designated as being an appropriate outlet for these types of discussions. Posts of this nature made in other forums throughout the board will be merged into this location. If you find these types of posts in your local forums, please use the RTM function to report them to staff.
camouflage is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:35 AM   #3
awl4knot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

BESTgfe.com and GFEclub.com are bitter rivals in the Mid-Atlantic area. Best was sold to GFEclub, who defaulted on payments. Best got the domain name back but lost content and customer base. Best's owner is still very bitter about the experience. GFEclub will ban any member who mentions Best.

The result is that both sites are diminished.
awl4knot is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #4
MOCHAakaMOCHA
Hot, Smooth & Full-Bodied

User ID: 57609
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Didn't even know mongerguide was a thing. What's their beef with USASG .... who has the most accurate streetwalker reports?
I do know TER doesn't allow you to talk about any site that also allows reviews or "reports".
MOCHAakaMOCHA is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:36 AM   #5
Fancylady
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 125175
Default LOL hobby sites war

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming 808 View Post
There seems to some friction between two hobby sites, USA Sex Guide and Monger Guide. This made me wonder, do you know of any hobby sites that use to go at it like the Hatfield's and Mccoy's?
Check out all adult websites see what's going on in adult business...
Fancylady is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:44 AM   #6
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

But did you RTM this post?
FoulRon is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:45 PM   #7
Dreaming 808
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awl4knot View Post
BESTgfe.com and GFEclub.com are bitter rivals in the Mid-Atlantic area. Best was sold to GFEclub, who defaulted on payments. Best got the domain name back but lost content and customer base. Best's owner is still very bitter about the experience. GFEclub will ban any member who mentions Best.

Interesting awl4knot, I never thought of it from a business POV. I was thinking from more of a personal POV. I was thinking more along the lines of Admin A banning Member B because he wrote a bad review about his ATF Provider C (most likely Provider C is giving Admin A freebies for special favors). Member B says F it and starts his own site, and the drama begins.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:52 PM   #8
Dreaming 808
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCHAakaMOCHA View Post
Didn't even know mongerguide was a thing. What's their beef with USASG .... who has the most accurate streetwalker reports?
I do know TER doesn't allow you to talk about any site that also allows reviews or "reports".
I'm not sure what the deal is with those two sites. I'm a lover not a fighter lol.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:54 PM   #9
Jannisary
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

I think the issue is the newer site "Monger Guide" trying to poach members off USA. Basically trying to draw members away from USA and towards the other site.
Jannisary is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #10
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Interesting question and observations.

Yes. Many such "battles" in the past 15 years that I know of. And some serious rivalries, too, of course.

Quite often depended on whether the sites were highly paid offers (ads, memberships, review access, etc.) or purely paid, such as eros, backpage, craigslist and others.

Sometimes among "spinoffs" hived off of local or statewide, or sometimes nationals; depending on who wanted to try to cash in.

Many, many (too many to enumerate) very local sites have failed due to inertia or due to more well run sites entering the market.

Several that I know of personally have cratered due to the operators/owners "abusing the privilege" of the ladies' favors.

And, of course, we can all probably name some of the sites that have in recent years been shuttered by the feds or targeted by LE.

imo, well run sites continue to exist due to fair rules and fair applications thereof, minimizing the flames and flares and running off the worst of the trolls and abusers, be they male or female.

All in all, the more hobby sites, the merrier.

My economic philosophy is that true competition engenders quality.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:13 PM   #11
Red Max
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by awl4knot View Post

Very true, unfortunately. I'm a regular on BestGFE and a lurker on ECCIE. Neither Best nor GFEClub has been able to restore what was once a great community. The core of the community stayed loyal to the BestGFE owner, but the more casual, occasional hobbyists ended up on the new site. They set up bestgfe.com to redirect to gfeclub.com for a while before the owner of Best was able to get his old domain name back, so a lot of people ended up at GFEClub by default. Unfortunately, the providers were forced to put their ads where the traffic was, but complaints of poor customer service toward paying advertisers were rampant.

Best is well-moderated, so the guys who think they're Captain Slap-A-Hoe ended up at GFEClub. I'm not sure what the situation is at the moment, but there were some long stretches where the owner of GFEClub was an absentee landlord, and posts that would have gotten deleted anywhere else were condoned - not just obnoxious jerks, but things like outing personal info, discussion of illegal activities, etc that put the whole hobby community in danger.

I'd like to say that ECCIE is a great community and I plan to start posting here more often. I live in an area where this board doesn't have much activity, but I've found ECCIE to be a great resource when I'm traveling to other parts of the country.
Red Max is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:41 AM   #12
Becca Blossoms
Account Disabled

User ID: 24399
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't worry about which site is a rival to other sites. Other cares? I choose sites by quality. I may be using rival sites, I may not be and I don't care.
Becca Blossoms is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #13
Dreaming 808
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannisary View Post
I think the issue is the newer site "Monger Guide" trying to poach members off USA. Basically trying to draw members away from USA and towards the other site.
Jannisary, I know what poaching is but can you give an example on how Monger Guide is try to poach members from USASG.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:52 PM   #14
Shangxinderen
Registered Member

Hey FoulRon, this is Lanc3l0t from RM. How are you? Your inbox messaging is full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulRon View Post
But did you RTM this post?
Shangxinderen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women