Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 03-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default Tales of overzealous gun control

I started this thread as a point of collection for all of those stories we keep seeing about gun grabbers run amuck. Leftists, these are your people. Embrace them, own it.

Facebook photo of boy with .22 prompts child abuse complaint and home invasion by New Jersey police.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...on-facebook/2/
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

That article depicts what many Law Enforcement Agencies would not adhere to. This clip shows Sheriffs voicing their concern of Gun Control.

http://youtu.be/27x7EZN4cp8
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
timpage
Account Disabled

Here's a link to the first page of the story that you left out:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...o-on-facebook/

Sounds like the cops got a complaint about the guy. What are they supposed to do? Ignore that? As usual, your overactive imagination has gotten the better of you.

Also, does anybody else find it odd that the father has an attorney apparently on call who specializes in 2nd Amendment cases? I bet there is a history with the dad, in addition to the complaint by a citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I started this thread as a point of collection for all of those stories we keep seeing about gun grabbers run amuck. Leftists, these are your people. Embrace them, own it.

Facebook photo of boy with .22 prompts child abuse complaint and home invasion by New Jersey police.

timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

What is so strange, I have the phone number and name of an attorney who specializes in second amendment cases. I'm sure that you have an attorney who specializes in slander and sex crimes.

I made the link, I didn't write the story,
Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
timpage
Account Disabled

You know, when people point out how outrageously and obviously stupid some of the shit that you post is....you don't make it better by posting even more outrageously and obviously stupid shit. It's that old rule about stop digging when you're in a hole? Nevermind.

You have a 2nd Amendment lawyer on speed dial? To protect against the cops confiscating your Taurus? Why would someone who purports to be a college professor or some sort of educator, or whatever it is you do... require an attorney who specializes in 2nd Amendment cases?....if you don't mind me asking. Obviously, if the charges are currently pending....you can plead the 5th.

Quote:
What is so strange, I have the phone number and name of an attorney who specializes in second amendment cases. I'm sure that you have an attorney who specializes in slander and sex crimes.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Actually the Taurus is replaceable. I worry about the Garand.

Maybe you didn't read the entire story where this home owner stood up to the police and won. How many times have the police (maybe they have the best interests here) have crossed the line and the citizen has backed down out of fear? It seems to be happening more and more.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
timpage
Account Disabled

I read the story. I don't know the dad, but I know people like him. Probably a loud-mouthed blowhard thrusting out his chest and quacking about his rights being violated as soon as the cops showed up.

Bottom line: the story seems to indicated that the cops got a report that there might be a problem at the house with the kid. They went to check it out as they are required to do by law. They made sure the kid was OK. They asked if they could see the blowhard's guns, he said no, they left.

I don't see the problem.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:

you don't think they (the cops) should go and check that out?
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
you don't think they (the cops) should go and check that out?
The story isn't clear that the child welfare investigator and the cops were there because of the Facebook photo. What it says is that the child welfare investigator can ask cops to go with them if they feel there might be some danger. So, if a complaint comes in and the child welfare investigator goes to the dad's FB page and sees the kid holding what looks like an assault rifle....well, you can guess the rest.

There is more to this story, I promise you. Unlike JD, most folks who don't have a criminal legal history involving guns don't keep a 2nd Amendment lawyer in their phone contacts. I bet dad has been in legal trouble before and the child welfare investigator and the cops were just being careful.

As for them asking if they could see his guns....well....that's what cops do. "Mind if I search your car?" Lots of people are stupid enough to let them do it, and they get a lot of arrests and convictions that way. Which is, after all, what they get paid to do.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Sounds like you're taking a page from Whiny. Painting yourself into a corner.

Oh, and BTW -- it's "amok" professor!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

You see what happens when you don't watch the right news channel. The father was interviewed on Fox News this morning with his son. He is a qualified firearms instructor and is no blowhard. I notice how YOU make up facts out of suppositions to support your argument. What we have is a bunch of fearful law enforcement types who are pushing the limits (and passed them) of their authority. The child welfare people seem to imagine the worst things as well. Check out the pilot episode of King of the Hill. Social workers (liberals) image the worst things about people; Men are molesters. Black people are too stupid to succeed on their own. Women think with their lady parts. Pack of racists.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2238942035001/
Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Does anybody else think JD should just come the fuc outta the closet?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #13
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
What we have is a bunch of fearful law enforcement types who are pushing the limits (and passed them) of their authority.
or maybe law enforcement are a little concerned when they see a kid with an assault rifle on facebook...... because you never know

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92I0AQ20130319
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #14
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default No, No, a Thousand Times, NO!!!

Surely, Francis the Talking Corneyhole didn't monkey with the content of one of his cut'n'paste "gems?" Say it ain't so, Joe.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
You have a 2nd Amendment lawyer on speed dial? To protect against the cops confiscating your Taurus?
The Second Amendment protects your right to keep and bear Ford sedans?

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women