Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59933
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47555
pyramider46370
bambino40326
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 08-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Default I've suggested this before.

Sunday (8/28/11) around 7:30 pm a brand new member named haha made a rather inflammatory post.

A day or so before that, this post was made.
http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1601823&postcount=2

Both were made by brand spanking newbies that weren't newbies.

I made this RTM on the post by drywall

"This is a classic example on why there should be a posting moratorium of around 48 hours or so before a 'newbie' gets posting privileges. There is nothing a spanking brand new member can add that is of any importance, within a 48 hour window. This poster is obviously using an alternate handle and he can look like a real asshole while his original handle goes unscathed. They're just playing games and causing board problems."

I stand by this statement, always have, and always will. There is no 'newbie' that just registered that can set the hobby on fire with a great review or some information. If they have any information then they need to share it with their original handle.

I also feel that all inflammatory threads, like the one haha started, should be removed, like that one was, however I also feel that the post reported by drywall (who was banned) should also be removed. I mean if they are going to be banned, then why leave their posts up? This only applies to new handles who are playing games and got banned, not older members who got banned.

As an ex admin on another board, I know it isn't hard to delete posts.

People will play games on all sorts of forums, however when you get the same old same playing games and you at least show minimal tolerance, maybe some of them will stop.
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

That sounds like a good idea and I know there are a few other boards who have that rule. It might give the folks who quickly sign up to say something rude...time to let the "moment" pass. Even if they are still feeling compelled to put in their 2 cents, it won't have the same effect because it's like:

Say you've being insulted or belittled by someone somewhere--could be your boss, neighbor, or some drunk at a bar, etc. You want to say something to retaliate but you can't think of anything clever at that moment. You leave and 7 hours later you're at home or in bed and you think "awwww crap! I could have said THIS: blah blah blah" and you come up with a brilliant comeback. Problem is, if you say it after the fact, it doesn't have the same effect.

This is how it will work with a poster who's dying to insult someone. It's useless "after the fact" ....ie....48 hours later.
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

No disagreement DJ. I have sent the suggestion up the chain of command.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
Raphael
BANNED

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
This only applies to new handles who are playing games and got banned, not older members who got banned.
What's with this discrimination? All abusive posts should be removed and do get removed from sites decent folk can decently participate in - irrespective of how old or new the handle is or whether it has been banned or not.

Making new members wait before they can post will only deter new people from joining - without deterring abusive members from creating countless second-handles, to be used whenever needed.

Also, instead of picking on people who you suspect of wanting to avenge themselves for slights presumably caused elsewhere, perhaps you should deal with those who commit the slights.

Which would entail abolishing the spider-hole - as you cannot have a problem-free site by creating a forum where problem members are encouraged to be abusive.

And then banning the hanful of multiple-handled people - you now who they are as well as I do, DEAR_JOHN - who create these problems.
Raphael is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
Hot to Trot Daphne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 269367
My ECCIE Reviews

Hot to Trot Daphne is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #6
notanewbie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
What's with this discrimination? All abusive posts should be removed and do get removed from sites decent folk can decently participate in - irrespective of how old or new the handle is or whether it has been banned or not.

Making new members wait before they can post will only deter new people from joining - without deterring abusive members from creating countless second-handles, to be used whenever needed.

Also, instead of picking on people who you suspect of wanting to avenge themselves for slights presumably caused elsewhere, perhaps you should deal with those who commit the slights.

Which would entail abolishing the spider-hole - as you cannot have a problem-free site by creating a forum where problem members are encouraged to be abusive.

And then banning the hanful of multiple-handled people - you now who they are as well as I do, DEAR_JOHN - who create these problems.
Bravo, also ban the whiny bitches.
notanewbie is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

There is no such thing as a problem free site.

Really Raphael, what is your problem?

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
What's with this discrimination?
Not discrimination, but a starting point.

Raph, you've been on both here and aspd for many years, and you know what I'm talking about concerning new handles. Guy or gal gets pissed off because they get points or get banned, then they get a new 'fuck you' handle to troll the board.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #9
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

A classic example of what this thread is all about.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=293906
Old 09-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
Raphael
BANNED

Encounters: 24

Ok, DEAR_JOHN, but for the kind of problem you describe there may be no solution other than case-by-case bans and deletions

(why did I bother posting on this forum? An occasional burst of anger by "newbies" is a petty problem. The constant sleeze and indecency that is fostered around here, on open board as well as in the Spider-Hole, implies indecency and sleeze on the part of board owners and a persistent proclivity to corroborate the social image of the wold of prostitution as a world of - well, just that, indecency and sleeze. The one who has been most consistently right in all of this has been Tysteel, who therefore has been hit with systematic destruction campains)
Raphael is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
Anita Lay
BANNED

User ID: 95934
My ECCIE Reviews

Real good point and thoughts.
Anita Lay is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #12
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Another classic example.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=294532
Old 09-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #13
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
(why did I bother posting on this forum? An occasional burst of anger by "newbies" is a petty problem. The constant sleeze and indecency that is fostered around here, on open board as well as in the Spider-Hole, implies indecency and sleeze on the part of board owners and a persistent proclivity to corroborate the social image of the wold of prostitution as a world of - well, just that, indecency and sleeze. The one who has been most consistently right in all of this has been Tysteel, who therefore has been hit with systematic destruction campains)
Just a comment OK....

What is "indecent and sleazy" to you...may not be to another.
Sarunga is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #14
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Hey, we are proud of our "sleeze" in the Spider Hole.........ijs
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default He makes us the proudest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearhunter View Post