Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59832
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47417
pyramider46370
bambino40272
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 01-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424
Default The Corporation - a quote

Watching a documentary that questioned the wisdom of making a corporation a legal person.

Interesting quote:

The corporation has no soul to save, no body to incarcerate.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
The corporation has no soul to save, no body to incarcerate.
But it does have a fat wallet to fine . . . and that's what prosecutors love about it.

In a lot of countries corporate managers do have personal criminal accountability for acts of the corporation they may order.

One notable example was France where company managers could face five years and a hefty fine for putting the company into bankruptcy via "ruinous management practices" and other shenanigans. I think they may have eliminated that in some recent reforms but I don't see why. Seems utterly reasonable to me.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazomaniac View Post
But it does have a fat wallet to fine . . .

Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Corporation: an ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil’s Dictionary

I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
Thomas Jefferson

Unless you become more watchful in your states and check the spirit of monopoly and thirst for exclusive privileges you will in the end find that... the control over your dearest interests has passed into the hands of these corporations.
Andrew Jackson

The greatest evil is not now done in those sordid “dens of crime” that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in concentration camps and labor camps. In those we see its final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars and cut fingernails, and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need to raise their voices. Hence, naturally enough, my symbol for Hell is something like... the offices of a thoroughly nasty business concern.
-C.S. Lewis , The Screwtape Letters

We can have a democratic society or we can have great concentrated wealth in the hands of a few. We cannot have both.
- Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis

There can be no effective control of corporations while their political activity remains. To put an end to it will be neither a short nor easy task, but it can be done."
-President Theodore Roosevelt

The corporations don't have to lobby the government anymore. They are the government.
Jim Hightower
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
We can have a democratic society or we can have great concentrated wealth in the hands of a few. We cannot have both.
- Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis
I don’t agree with the above statement so much. I think in the US we dance a dangerous tango between a free republic and an oligarchy, but for the most part, we maintain a balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
The corporations don't have to lobby the government anymore. They are the government.
Jim Hightower
But I do agree with this statement. Not sure how to reconcile that.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women