Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
{vb:debugvardump notices}
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 10-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #1
Guest123018
Account Disabled

User ID: 68788
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Tipping

What Is the proper etiquette on tipping
when you've had subpar service with the waitress at a 5 star
restaurant?
Am I wrong for expecting exceptional service from the waitress, I
mean she Is the one who chose the job.

Some of these folks act like It will add
another wrinkle on their face If they greeted you with a smile
Guest123018 is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
Jessika Sweetz
SexXy Tatted Goddess

User ID: 192582
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I know I went to a place the other day and the woman acted like I was asking for so much when I asked for extra condiments, I even gave her two bucks for the extra and she still acted like it was just too much! My thinking is and this goes in any thing, if you aren't happy where you are then get out of it because I hate when people act like a victim to hard work or something. You get paid for your job. As long as you aren't disrespected or harmed, smile and ask how I'm doing because that's what you get paid to do.
Jessika Sweetz is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
myren1900
The hand of the Goddess

Encounters: 109
Cool Poor service

Number of stars shouldn't matter.
I usually just leave 10% if it is way below expected service level to show my disapproval. The waiter still make money for their work. I would not consider not leaving any tip at all.
myren1900 is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #4
runkle
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

ive been there before, i know how it is. If its just okay service, i give 15%, for good service i give 20%, for above average to excellent service i give from 25-50%. It would have to be really shitty service for me to give 10% or less, which i have done.....
runkle is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #5
turbo-dog
Premium Access

Encounters: 57

I usually give 15-20%. Bad service gets 10%. It has to be very bad or a rude server for me to give less than 10%, I've probably only given less than 5 times in many years.
turbo-dog is online now   Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #6
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

If the service is good,I tip 15%...but if it is subpar I leave a few bucks.
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
Jessika Sweetz
SexXy Tatted Goddess

User ID: 192582
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post
If the service is good,I tip 15%...but if it is subpar I leave a few bucks.
+1
Jessika Sweetz is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:35 AM   #8
meet_the_focker
Gaining Momentum

If the service goes beyond and above standard, I have been known to leave a 25-50% tip.

If the service is standard, 12-15%

If the service is below standard, no more than 10%

If the service is shitty, a nice shiny penny with a note explaining why.
meet_the_focker is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #9
holmes50
Premium Access

Encounters: 72

+1 P, all I want is good service. I am the easiest person to to wait on when alone. However, if dining with my son or a date then I expect a little more as in do your job. If the service is good then I'm always good for 20-25%. Lousy service equates to a few bucks.
holmes50 is online now   Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #10
SknyDiva
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 166332
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Servers get paid 2.13/hr... Taxes usually take that entire check. So quite literally their only source of income is your tips. On top of that, you have to tipout bussers, back wait, bartenders, etc.... Always tip 20%. they won't get to keep the full 20% anyway. If you really feel like you've been given bad service, 15%. My daughter was a server for 3 yrs and can't tell you how many shifts she came home upset because people treated her poorly. not just customers but her coworkers or managers. If people aren't working together it's chaos. If everything in the restaurant isn't running smoothly then a lot of the times the server is trying to make the best of a situation for you. sometimes it's hard to smile in that line of work. You are possibly the 30th face they've seen complain about the chicken being cold, but they don't cook the chicken. And if someone seems flustered about condiments, it's because there are several things the have to besides that. The list grows. It's called being in the weeds. And you won't be the only person upset if they don't finish everything in time.

And seriously, don't let 5 stars fool you. The restaurant could be managed by a fucking walking Asshole and your hamburger could have been green before it was cooked on the grill. youd have no clue.

Clearly there are some people who really do get downright bad service. But for the most part I'd say 90% of servers take pride in giving you a great experience. Shit just happens sometimes. They are making the best of it for you.

And remember. Some of y'all get paid $200-$300 an hour and some of y'all got the money to pay hoes that charge $200-$300 an hour... Servers aren't getting jack shit and are face to face with the general public all the time. Which coincidentally might be some of y'all. Y'all might be the assholes everyone's talking about. Feel privileged.
SknyDiva is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #11
meet_the_focker
Gaining Momentum

I have been to Paris France 7 times, they hate anybody who isn't french. The wait staff at most restaurants are very rude.

That's when I leave a penny. I can't tell you how much I dislike the french.
meet_the_focker is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:11 AM   #12
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

User ID: 244249
My ECCIE Reviews

Great points. There is so much else that goes into whether or not a customer has a good experience at a restaurant. But probably because the wait staff are the folks that engage with customers, they take on most of the blame when things go wrong.

I've never worked in a restaurant, but some of my friends have. I've heard too many horror stories of servers working a full shift, and barely coming home with any money (unconscionably less than minimum wage) for me to not tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SknyDiva View Post
Servers get paid 2.13/hr... Taxes usually take that entire check. So quite literally their only source of income is your tips. On top of that, you have to tipout bussers, back wait, bartenders, etc.... Always tip 20%. they won't get to keep the full 20% anyway. If you really feel like you've been given bad service, 15%. My daughter was a server for 3 yrs and can't tell you how many shifts she came home upset because people treated her poorly. not just customers but her coworkers or managers. If people aren't working together it's chaos. If everything in the restaurant isn't running smoothly then a lot of the times the server is trying to make the best of a situation for you. sometimes it's hard to smile in that line of work. You are possibly the 30th face they've seen complain about the chicken being cold, but they don't cook the chicken. And if someone seems flustered about condiments, it's because there are several things the have to besides that. The list grows. It's called being in the weeds. And you won't be the only person upset if they don't finish everything in time.

And seriously, don't let 5 stars fool you. The restaurant could be managed by a fucking walking Asshole and your hamburger could have been green before it was cooked on the grill. youd have no clue.

Clearly there are some people who really do get downright bad service. But for the most part I'd say 90% of servers take pride in giving you a great experience. Shit just happens sometimes. They are making the best of it for you.

And remember. Some of y'all get paid $200-$300 an hour and some of y'all got the money to pay hoes that charge $200-$300 an hour... Servers aren't getting jack shit and are face to face with the general public all the time. Which coincidentally might be some of y'all. Y'all might be the assholes everyone's talking about. Feel privileged.
Lena Duvall is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #13
DiscoStick
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

I've read that 25% of all people at dine-in restaurants leave no tip,
25% leave 10% or less,
25% leave 20%,
and the remaining 25% leave more than a 20% tip.

So 50% leave 10% or less. These are probably the same 50% who don't wash their hands before leaving the restrooms at Hooters which I have consistently seen with my own eyes. Cheap and Dirty.
DiscoStick is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #14
deltaray
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

I usually give 20 to 25% because their wages are so low and they live on tips.
deltaray is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #15
Guest123018
Account Disabled

User ID: 68788
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaray View Post
I usually give 20 to 25% because their wages are so low and they live on tips.
Even If bad service?
Guest123018 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women