Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 04-25-2019, 06:33 AM   #76
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Yes, very exciting. It will be interesting to see. I read where he was the front runner in the polls but then I also read where they said Bernie was number 1. I'm curious to see if all of the Bernie supporters stick with Bernie or go elsewhere.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #77
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Encounters: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
I'm curious to see if all of the Bernie supporters stick with Bernie or go elsewhere.
Yes, it will be interesting. They are almost as much stuck on Bernie as Trump supporters are stuck on Trump. In 2016, droves of Bernie supporters didn't vote and even some voted for Trump. Yet Hillary still won the popular vote and barely lost some swing states by razor thin margins.

- In 2020, I don't predict Democrats will nominate a candidate as polarizing and unpopular as Hillary turned out to be in 2016. Therefore, I believe more people will vote in 2020, in spite of Republicans' best efforts to suppress voting.

- Some people in 2016 thought "let's give Trump a chance. Maybe he's not as bad as his rhetoric." Well, he turned out to be every bit as bad as his rhetoric: racist, alienating our allies, cozying up to our adversaries, and dividing our nation. He has never attempted to represent ALL Americans and this will come back to haunt him. Plenty of swing/Independent voters now have reason to vote for the Democratic candidate instead of Trump.

- I believe LESS Bernie supporters will defect to the dark side. There will be some, but not as many as in 2016.

In the end, there probably won't be as much of a Bernie roadblock towards a Democratic victory.
Cap'n Crunch is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:54 PM   #78
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
Yes, it will be interesting. They are almost as much stuck on Bernie as Trump supporters are stuck on Trump. In 2016, droves of Bernie supporters didn't vote and even some voted for Trump. Yet Hillary still won the popular vote and barely lost some swing states by razor thin margins.

- In 2020, I don't predict Democrats will nominate a candidate as polarizing and unpopular as Hillary turned out to be in 2016. Therefore, I believe more people will vote in 2020, in spite of Republicans' best efforts to suppress voting.

- Some people in 2016 thought "let's give Trump a chance. Maybe he's not as bad as his rhetoric." Well, he turned out to be every bit as bad as his rhetoric: racist, alienating our allies, cozying up to our adversaries, and dividing our nation. He has never attempted to represent ALL Americans and this will come back to haunt him. Plenty of swing/Independent voters now have reason to vote for the Democratic candidate instead of Trump.

- I believe LESS Bernie supporters will defect to the dark side. There will be some, but not as many as in 2016.

In the end, there probably won't be as much of a Bernie roadblock towards a Democratic victory.
What impressed me in the 2018 midterm elections was the enthusiasm among young voters (under 25) to finally get out and vote, and the majority voted Democratic.

"The substantial increase in youth turnout is in many ways the culmination of an election cycle in which young people had an extraordinary impact through their activism, emphasis on voter registration, and—yesterday—overwhelming support for Democratic candidates."

https://civicyouth.org/young-people-dramatically-increase-their-turnout-31-percent-shape-2018-midterm-elections/

I think many voters sat out the 2016 election because 2 very unpopular people were running for POTUS. Others voted for Trump and in the past 2 years have become disillusioned with their choice and voted Democratic in the misterms. Especially women and people in the suburbs.

Obviously the previous paragraph is my opinion.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:09 PM   #79
cinderbella
P411: ID # P86099

User ID: 109807
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
What impressed me in the 2018 midterm elections was the enthusiasm among young voters (under 25) to finally get out and vote, and the majority voted Democratic.

"The substantial increase in youth turnout is in many ways the culmination of an election cycle in which young people had an extraordinary impact through their activism, emphasis on voter registration, and—yesterday—overwhelming support for Democratic candidates."

https://civicyouth.org/young-people-dramatically-increase-their-turnout-31-percent-shape-2018-midterm-elections/

I think many voters sat out the 2016 election because 2 very unpopular people were running for POTUS. Others voted for Trump and in the past 2 years have become disillusioned with their choice and voted Democratic in the misterms. Especially women and people in the suburbs.

Obviously the previous paragraph is my opinion.

Thank you for this, I am so glad you noticed as I did too.

I really think there may
be a better than average chance for Pete
Buttigieg becoming the democratic pick.

A funny thing that I noticed is
the conservative Christian movement
was initially interested in possibly
supporting Pete B. They are willing
about his marital status, but they do
not approve of his stance on women's
reproductive rights. So, go figure.

I seriously believe that Trump is
displaying very negative and very
concerning mental health issues. I
think he is under extreme stress and
that he is suffering severe anxiety.
I think that anyone who serves as
POTUS finds the job much more draining
and stressful than anyone could imagine.

I believe that Trump will either resign
before Nov. 2020, or that Trump will be
defeated by a challenger and will not
be reelected. I am not saying so out
of disrespect, I am saying so out of
truthfulness. I do believe that we
will elect a younger and very well
educated person for president in 2020.
cinderbella is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:14 PM   #80
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

I don't think the 2020 elections will interest me.
I am voting.
But if it is just the current leader throwing child like insults at the other canidates, like the last election, I would rather sit in the cafeteria at an elementary school during lunch. That would be of greater educational value.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:42 AM   #81
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
I don't think the 2020 elections will interest me.
I am voting.
But if it is just the current leader throwing child like insults at the other canidates, like the last election, I would rather sit in the cafeteria at an elementary school during lunch. That would be of greater educational value.
I will never understand why Trump finds it necessary to berate all others who run against him. Already he has referred to Biden as "sleepy Joe", "crazy Joe" and questioned his intelligence (" I only hope you have the intelligence, long in doubt, to wage a successful primary campaign.”). And it's only been 2 days since Biden entered the race. I'm sure there's much more to come.

Hopefully the Democratic contenders take the high road and attack Trump on his failures while in office and HIS lack of character.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:22 AM   #82
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Because politics is a blood sport. You don't know that by now? I would love it if the dems put up Biden and Beto.
It would be all over. Also, the economy - Trump knows that as long as the economy is doing great ( It grew at 3.2 in the first quarter - much better then expected - which is always the case under Trump) he has nothing to worry about. I know my stock portfolio is doing fantastic. It's always a party atmosphere at Edward Jones these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I will never understand why Trump finds it necessary to berate all others who run against him. Already he has referred to Biden as "sleepy Joe", "crazy Joe" and questioned his intelligence (" I only hope you have the intelligence, long in doubt, to wage a successful primary campaign.”). And it's only been 2 days since Biden entered the race. I'm sure there's much more to come.

Hopefully the Democratic contenders take the high road and attack Trump on his failures while in office and HIS lack of character.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:46 PM   #83
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Because politics is a blood sport. You don't know that by now? I would love it if the dems put up Biden and Beto.
It would be all over. Also, the economy - Trump knows that as long as the economy is doing great ( It grew at 3.2 in the first quarter - much better then expected - which is always the case under Trump) he has nothing to worry about. I know my stock portfolio is doing fantastic. It's always a party atmosphere at Edward Jones these days.
That's the main problem with Trump supporters. Trump does it so it is correct to do so. O'Rourke for one has sworn that he will not use negative politics in his campaigns. He didn't against Cruz and I'm sure he won't in his presidential primary run. There is absolutely NO reason to belittle the other candidates as Trump does. Hopefully the Democratic nominee learns from Trump's approval ratings that that conduct does not fly with voters and abstain from doing so.

I love how Trump supporters such as yourself continue to point to the economy as Trump's saving grace. I heard the same from Trump supporters on this forum prior to the 2018 midterms that Republicans would maintain control of the House and even gain more seats because the economy was doing so well. How did that work out for Republican House candidates? 40 seat loss.

Obviously there's more on the mind of voters than the economy. Trump's approval rating remains in the low to mid 40s, worst of any POTUS in history. Perhaps he should focus more on health care(he has a "wonderful" plan that he will release after the 2020 election), immigration, foreign relations, and the deficit.

Keep on waving those pom poms!!
Old 04-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #84
knotty man
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

I heard the same from Hillary supporters that she would win by a landslide. How did that work out?
Guess who's your President
knotty man is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:14 PM   #85
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotty man View Post
I heard the same from Hillary supporters that she would win by a landslide. How did that work out?
Guess who's your President
I was one who thought Hillary would win, though not by a landslide. I was wrong. Time to move on to 2020.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:12 PM   #86
bjarnibear
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Hillary made the big mistake of making about middle class lifetime Democrats. She expected she would be the black and minority vote...took it as a given. Result was they stayed home and she lost their vote in critical districts.
I wonder about a "two white guys" Biden-O'Rourke ticket. Perhaps O'Rourke's youth would help the doubts around Biden's age (would be 76 when inaugurated). Bernie Sanders is even older and he is just flat too liberal to win. He really is not a Democrat and I really think the party is reluctant to fully support him. How about Biden and a woman?
bjarnibear is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #87
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjarnibear View Post
Hillary made the big mistake of making about middle class lifetime Democrats. She expected she would be the black and minority vote...took it as a given. Result was they stayed home and she lost their vote in critical districts.
I wonder about a "two white guys" Biden-O'Rourke ticket. Perhaps O'Rourke's youth would help the doubts around Biden's age (would be 76 when inaugurated). Bernie Sanders is even older and he is just flat too liberal to win. He really is not a Democrat and I really think the party is reluctant to fully support him. How about Biden and a woman?
First paragraph is very true. Second paragraph too. Maybe Biden-Harris. I have the feeling that if Biden is elected he will not run for a second term, instead promoting his VP in 2024. But he can't say that.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:06 PM   #88
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Because politics is a blood sport. You don't know that by now?
Really? Could you provide three examples of such from different Presidential elections before 2015?

A temper tantrum in the Romper Room because a child is refusing to take their nap is an apt description. Blood sport, no.

The only *blood sport* i've seen is Trump condoning his supporters to inflict violence, on those that don't share his view point.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #89
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

Obviously you haven't seen any of the videos making the rounds of those imbeciles attacking those while spewing their hate rhetoric and venom against those wearing the MAGA hats ..... speaking of inflicting violence! .....
00 gauge is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #90
austingeek
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

so the dem primary clown car will be decided by super delegates. The people have no say in that party.

Neither Dem nor Rep care about protecting liberty anymore. I'm more interested in state level offices anymore.
austingeek is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women