Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 11-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19
Default Straight Talk Phones

Currently I have Verizon and I will be changing carriers soon. I have looked at the Straight Talk phones and rates and they seem extremely low. I will be getting a smart phone with web access, email, ect. This is not going to be a hobby phone but my RL work/personal phone. Does anybody have any experience with their smart phones? I have a Straight Talk hobby phone that is just a cheap ass phone but it works OK for the hobby but would not be what I want for everyday use. If you have a ST Smart phone how is the service and quality of calls and web access?

Thanks for your input, Bud
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
DDarkness
THE REALLY BAD MOD!

Encounters: 43

I have both and where I'm located the Smart Phone doesn't work as well as I'd like but that has to do with the signal strength.

the $30 plan worked well for me BUT if you are using it for business then chances are you want the $45 unlimited which is still a great deal.

I never once used even close to all my minutes or tests and NEVER even came close to using all of my date time even with the $30 plan.

Good luck! Straight Talk is an AT&T based phone system if that helps.

DD
DDarkness is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Kitten
One wild ride

User ID: 23075
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I have a smart talk phone and love it. It is off a Verizon tower , you have to request this. I know they uses several different cell phone towers but I prefer Verizon due to cell phone signal strength. I know the phones without smart cards are compatible with Verizon towers.

I purchased mine with cash, pay with cash and it is not traceable.
Kitten is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Thanks for the replies. I stopped by WalMart to get some info but the people there couldn't tell me much. I was told that the Straight Talk phones don't use sim cards. Is this an issue? I have verizon and they told me it doesn't have a sim card either so I doubt it will matter much to me. My Verizon phone uses google do you know if the ST phones do?
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:47 AM   #5
indydreamgirls
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 97020

Straight talk actually piggybacks their signal off the major carriers towers such as sprint, verizon, t-mobile and at&t. They have many different options on phones but the sim card ones(gsm) run on at&t and t-mobile towers. The cdma is the same technology as verizon and sprint. ALTHOUGH... all the straight stalk androids run off the sprint network. Hope that helps some.
indydreamgirls is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
Col. Zodiak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Recently looked into that myself. Only thing I noticed on the ST smart phone was that there was a data limit no matter which plan you used.

Net10 now has a Droid phone out and the 50 a month plan does have unlimited everything.
Col. Zodiak is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
mssassy
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 37132
My ECCIE Reviews

I have straight talk as well for a hobby. However I have noticed that Verizon has a prepaid plan for just $5 more with a a better coverage area.
mssassy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women