Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70398
biomed160407
Yssup Rider59880
gman4452898
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47481
pyramider46370
bambino40298
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35252
Mojojo33117

Old 03-27-2020, 12:13 PM   #106
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missburger View Post
dont pay them, thats your choice to pay them or not

im sure you get money from the government in the bill passed.

its not deaths, its cases, your state jumped today from yesterday in number of cases, dallas mayor is concerned according to news reports

testing more testing the numbers are very low because yoiure not testing
It's the deaths. Since the virus doesn't seem to have serious and permanent after effects from a 50K ft view only the deaths matter. Again, this isn't polio.

Stop panicking.

BTW, he may have to pay them depending on among other factors: labor agreements and employment agreements.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:43 PM   #107
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
South Korea and Singapore haven’t shut everything down:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...verything-down

As for Trump, his number go up during negative events. And if you’ve seen recent Biden performances, which are few, he’s getting worse. Trump will win easily.
From the article:

Countries that have tested widely for the virus, isolated cases and quarantined suspected cases — in the way that South Korea and Singapore have done — have managed to suppress transmission of the virus.

Hong Kong and Singapore have followed similar paths in responding to this outbreak.

They've used testing aggressively to identify cases — not only testing people who are so sick that they're hospitalized but also mild cases and even suspected cases. They've quarantined tens of thousands of people who may have been exposed to confirmed cases.

The vast majority of the people ordered to quarantine at home are perfectly healthy and never do get sick, but the few who do develop symptoms can be quickly isolated further. Tedros of the WHO refers to this as cutting off the virus at the bud — basically stopping the virus from spreading further and preventing community transmission.

Japan hasn't been testing nearly as widely as South Korea, but it appears to have fended off significant community transmission by quickly investigating any flare-ups of cases, identifying who exactly is infected and then monitoring their contacts.

In other words, they reacted early and did things right. Europe and the USA didn't. Wearing masks, which they do and we don't, probably helped a lot too.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #108
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missburger View Post
dont pay them, thats your choice to pay them or not

im sure you get money from the government in the bill passed.

its not deaths, its cases, your state jumped today from yesterday in number of cases, dallas mayor is concerned according to news reports

testing more testing the numbers are very low because yoiure not testing
I pay them because I'm concerned for them and their families.

I don't need any money from the fucking government.

I'm debt free - businesses, buildings, home, etc.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #109
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
It's the deaths. Since the virus doesn't seem to have serious and permanent after effects from a 50K ft view only the deaths matter. Again, this isn't polio.

Stop panicking.

BTW, he may have to pay them depending on among other factors: labor agreements and employment agreements.
I could let them go but I can afford to pay them.

I hope they are loyal to me in the long term but I'm doing it because I want to do it.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:45 PM   #110
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
...As most does most flu viruses...

You mean like we have for thousands of years? It's not "my" scenario. We've used these methods of illness containment for a while.

Unknown. But the sooner the country is back on its feet both from a health and economic perspective, the better - irrespective of the Nov election. You really hate Trump don't you? I don't remember anyone asking about Obama's re-election chances when the swine flu went thru.
As many have pointed out, the coronavirus is NOT a flu virus. We have as vast amount of knowledge for how to fight the flu virus. We have pretty much guesswork as to any information concerning the coronavirus.

I agree that the sooner we get the economy going the better. I also trust those on Trump's medical team for giving advice as to how to proceed. Do you not support Trump on this issue?

Hate Trump? I do not like his character and most of his work while in office. I do not in any way hate the man any more than you hate Obama. Or do you hate Obama?

Regarding Obama, there was no drastic action taken for the swine flu because, again, it was a different strain of the flu.

"That said, scientists have studied seasonal flu for decades. So, despite the danger of it, we know a lot about flu viruses and what to expect each season. In contrast, very little is known about the new coronavirus and the disease it causes, dubbed COVID-19, because it's so new. This means COVID-19 is something of a wild card in terms of how far it will spread and how many deaths it will cause."

https://www.livescience.com/new-coro...-with-flu.html

All I asked for was the answer to a rather simple question as to whether or not Trump following your opinion and letting thousands of people die while sitting on his hands would have a positive or negative impact on his chances for reelection. I personally think it would kill him on election day.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #111
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
And last I saw, Trump's approval was pushing 49% and Bidens was at about 43%.

How that eventually impacts the election is yet to be seen, but bodes well for Trump remaining very competitive.
Let's look at a sum of ratings by ALL polling companies.

Biden is at 44.6% approve, 44.9% disapprove. -.3%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...able-6677.html

Trump is at 47.3% approve, 49.3% disapprove. -2.0%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

But on March 16th Trump was -8.1%. That is a remarkable turnaround no matter how you look at it. So far Trump's actions on the coronavirus have been very positive.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #112
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Let's look at a sum of ratings by ALL polling companies.

Biden is at 44.6% approve, 44.9% disapprove. -.3%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...able-6677.html

Trump is at 47.3% approve, 49.3% disapprove. -2.0%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

But on March 16th Trump was -8.1%. That is a remarkable turnaround no matter how you look at it. So far Trump's actions on the coronavirus have been very positive.
Yes, so far so good for our President.

Hopefully this stimulus/emergency fund will get the economy going.

Hopefully, we can get a handle on the true mortality rate.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:18 PM   #113
Jaxson66
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Gov. Greg Abbott orders air travelers from New Orleans and around New York to self-quarantine

The order aligns Texas with federal guidance announced Wednesday that aims to contain the spread of the virus outside New York, which has become the epicenter of the outbreak in the United States.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...d-new-orleans/

I’m perplexed, if all is under “ tremendous control “ why is the restriction of movement necessary....good call mr Abbott.
Jaxson66 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:45 PM   #114
oeb11
Valued Poster

It is too complex for your understanding - all u have is Trump hate.

your question is prima facie evidence - u already know the answer but can't tolerate it.

Get some help - J666.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:48 PM   #115
SecretE
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson66 View Post
I’m perplexed, if all is under “ tremendous control “ why is the restriction of movement necessary....good call mr Abbott.
Let's be honest, NY, CA, and WA are not his political audience. Even with a weak Democrat candidate, like Joe Biden, any talk of him flipping those states, even before this pandemic hit us, was complete nonsense.

However, the rest of the country is, and, as of this post, it is under relatively good control with the decisions being made as appropriate on the state and local level. He has an election to be concerned about, and if he can maintain that presidential image with that audience, he will secure re-election.

I'm not saying addressing the whole nation with that statement is the best, but for his audience of potential voters, it strikes the right tone because it is still true for them.
SecretE is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:49 PM   #116
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

Japan hasn't been testing nearly as widely as South Korea, but it appears to have fended off significant community transmission by quickly investigating any flare-ups of cases, identifying who exactly is infected and then monitoring their contacts.

In other words, they reacted early and did things right. Europe and the USA didn't. Wearing masks, which they do and we don't, probably helped a lot too.

take a look at Japan... their behavior is different. they have a very large elderly population....

they didn't exactly follow the protocols in S. Korea and Singapore.

they've kinda ignored it.

they concentrated their efforts at the airports. outside the airports, they've ignored it.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:50 PM   #117
oeb11
Valued Poster

SR-"As many have pointed out, the coronavirus is NOT a flu virus. We have as vast amount of knowledge for how to fight the flu virus. We have pretty much guesswork as to any information concerning the coronavirus. "

The reason to mention the influenza A virus - and its morbidity and mortality rates - is that is is tolerated in society - and we do not shut down the world over a long time periodic yearly infection for which we have treatments and a vaccine.

Comparatively - so Far - the Wuhan coronavirus seems to have less case mortality rate, and a similar illness profile. However - we have no defined treatment specific regimens, no vaccine, and it is a novel strain. We do know a great deal about the parent group of coronavirus - which includes the common rhinoviruses - which have been studied for decades.

IMHO - we are not warranted in the over the top response of shutting down the world in response to Wuhan coronavirus. And, China is positioning itself to take advantage of the economic collapse we are inflicting on ourselves - as is Putin.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:52 PM   #118
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

some locations, not sure who, are taking a page from the spanish flu. its an old technique. they are doing some transfusion of people who got better from the virus to people who are sick.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:04 PM   #119
oeb11
Valued Poster

The 1918 Spanish flu was a much more lethal strain of Influenza Virus - which killed rapidly by pulmonary transudation and edema. The Case Fatality rate was much higher.

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States. 1918 Pandemic Video
media iconLow Resolution Video

History of 1918 Flu Pandemic

Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic. While the 1918 H1N1 virus has been synthesized and evaluated, the properties that made it so devastating are not well understood. With no vaccine to protect against influenza infection and no antibiotics to treat secondary bacterial infections that can be associated with influenza infections, control efforts worldwide were limited to non-pharmaceutical interventions such as isolation, quarantine, good personal hygiene, use of disinfectants, and limitations of public gatherings, which were applied unevenly.

By comparison to the wuhan coronavirus - the Spanish flu of 1918 is a different type of virus - and much more lethal.

The use of harvested antibodies from patients who have recoved from Wuhan coronavirus is a technique that has been previously used for other diseases - and is being researched now for use in severely affected patients.

It is likely the only truly specific treatment we may have to be developed in the near future.

It is done by taking blood from donors recovered from the infection - and harvesting the anti-coronavirus antibodies in the serum. Safe for the donors, reasonably safe for patients.

My info is that the technique post-dates the 1918 Spanish flu.

I am open to see your reference - DF.

Glad u brought up the topic.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:36 PM   #120
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
SR-"As many have pointed out, the coronavirus is NOT a flu virus. We have as vast amount of knowledge for how to fight the flu virus. We have pretty much guesswork as to any information concerning the coronavirus. "

The reason to mention the influenza A virus - and its morbidity and mortality rates - is that is is tolerated in society - and we do not shut down the world over a long time periodic yearly infection for which we have treatments and a vaccine.

Comparatively - so Far - the Wuhan coronavirus seems to have less case mortality rate, and a similar illness profile. However - we have no defined treatment specific regimens, no vaccine, and it is a novel strain. We do know a great deal about the parent group of coronavirus - which includes the common rhinoviruses - which have been studied for decades.

IMHO - we are not warranted in the over the top response of shutting down the world in response to Wuhan coronavirus. And, China is positioning itself to take advantage of the economic collapse we are inflicting on ourselves - as is Putin.
Again, I will leave it up to the "experts" who are making informed decisions. If they determine that the time is right to restart the country, I will abide by their decision. If they see more of a downside than upside to restarting the country, and push out that date to whatever they deem appropriate, I will abide by their decision. Like anyone else, I want to see things back to "normal" as soon as possible. As Trump said again today, the priority is protecting as many lives as possible.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women