Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 12-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 41643
My ECCIE Reviews
Default this is an odd question

Do you men ever meet a provider and feel an over whelming sense of guilt if you are married or separated? If so how do you handle it? or do you detach yourselves?
Guest011914-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
jfarmer
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I have been single now for years but when I was attached it was making the actual phone call that bothered me the most,by the time I got to the door it was easy enough to leave the baggage outside,I never answered the "are you married" question and always changed the subject.I didnt want to be reminded that I was doing something wrong.(and no hobbying had nothing to do with the divorce) It was a mutual decision,not a good thing anyway.Interesting question,thanks for making me stop and think for a change..lol
jfarmer is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

i have respect a man feelings and support him if he feels bad but I am not only here for sex but as a friend a true GFE...to me being someone you can talk to and vent to is part of the gfe...perhaps my thinking is wrong..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarmer View Post
I have been single now for years but when I was attached it was making the actual phone call that bothered me the most,by the time I got to the door it was easy enough to leave the baggage outside,I never answered the "are you married" question and always changed the subject.I didn't want to be reminded that I was doing something wrong.(and no hobbying had nothing to do with the divorce) It was a mutual decision,not a good thing anyway.Interesting question,thanks for making me stop and think for a change..lol
Old 12-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
pipefitter73
Account Disabled

Encounters: 79

No, I have never felt guilty since I started this because I know that when the session is over... that's it. No phone calls the next day to say I love you or whatever. Also since I'm having protected sex, I don't feel as if I'm cheating.
pipefitter73 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
saxcat81
Valued Poster

Encounters: 52

I do not feel guilty about being in the hobby. Sometimes when money gets tight I feel like should not have spent money on myself and paid a bill or two instead. If meeting a Woman for the first time I am nervous about that and not about what will happen after I leave.
saxcat81 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #6
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Vixen View Post
i have respect a man feelings and support him if he feels bad but I am not only here for sex but as a friend a true GFE...to me being someone you can talk to and vent to is part of the gfe...perhaps my thinking is wrong..
Irish, I know you enjoy the whole GFE/BFE aspect of the hobby; however, there is a line where both provider and client must not cross. This is especially true when SOs are involved for both parties. I appreciate the fact you are willing to listen and all that, but for me personally, I'd never confide with a provider in terms of personal matters. Sure, I don't mind the typical BS talk about general things-- crappy government, sports, TV shows-- but nothing personal. When I want a GFE session, the GFE for me is strictly activity related. I'd just assume to leave out the personal drama.

As to the original question, yeah I feel guilty--sometimes to the point of not being able to perform as I'd like. I've almost gotten to the point of quitting.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #7
naughtynatale
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 14292
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't have an SO but..... I like the sessions where we don't discuss the wife problems or the kids problems. Not to be mean but I am not a shrink. I am just a gurl who loves to have fun and want those around me to have fun as well. Life is already depressing and I feel that men come to see me not to talk of their personal issues but of the moment. I know that when the door closes and they have left I might have a satisfied smile of content of what a great time we just had but I am happy I don't have to call or email or text to them constantly and that it was another moment in my life I can chalk up to another great time. I want our time to be that "our time". A time we both enjoy and can forget about all the stress of life even if it is only for the time of our appt. But I have been told by guys that it leaves them with a glow or a smile for hours afterwards LOL
naughtynatale is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:46 AM   #8
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Smile

I see your point,however,if the gentlemen wants to talk or vent than I am not going to be rude and tell him I am not willing to listen. I try and keep it light and fun..and as far as crossing "that line" I never let true emotional feelings come into it..I have one gentlemen who wanted to marry me and I said "no you have fallen for the illusion"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpalmson View Post
Irish, I know you enjoy the whole GFE/BFE aspect of the hobby; however, there is a line where both provider and client must not cross. This is especially true when SOs are involved for both parties. I appreciate the fact you are willing to listen and all that, but for me personally, I'd never confide with a provider in terms of personal matters. Sure, I don't mind the typical BS talk about general things-- crappy government, sports, TV shows-- but nothing personal. When I want a GFE session, the GFE for me is strictly activity related. I'd just assume to leave out the personal drama.

As to the original question, yeah I feel guilty--sometimes to the point of not being able to perform as I'd like. I've almost gotten to the point of quitting.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:10 AM   #9
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Guilt

I am able to totally detach from my civilian life and responsibilities and focus on the encounter. You have to be able to compartmentalize your life.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #10
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Encounters: 25

If I was married or if I had an SO then I wouldn't hobby. But that's just me and how I feel. Now if she wanted to participate in the hobby and wanted me with her....well.....insn't that every guy's fantasy lol.
Eccie Addict is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #11
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Vixen View Post
I realize that some gentlemen will limit their involvement emotionally to a very thin and finite line, not reveal any of their personal lives at all, but that hasn't been many in my experience. It IS part of the GFE for gentlemen to talk, vent, share their hope and fantasies, establish that closer connection even if only for a brief time, and just having someone listen sympathetically and not judge (not tell them how stupid they're being and to get up and go to work, like a spouse might) is often very satisfying to them along WITH the tactile sensations. Each fellow is different in his expectations, so I try to ease in and go with the flow until I see how deep he wants to swim and what boundaries he sets.

I do see the guilt some gentlemen feel, especially those new to the hobby, but it's usually quickly rationalized away when the realization hits that this is not a relationship that will tear their world apart, but I neither encourage or discourage their acceptance as that is totally up to them.

However, I did have a fellow go off the deep end once, jump up right after we "knew each other in the Biblical way," call me the "Whore of Babylon" and scream at me for "making" him commit adultery, and pull me down to my knees - to pray for forgiveness with him. (God knows I'm usually down there to GIVE a man a reason to take the Lord's name in vain, along with mine.) I thought he was one step away from making me flog him in penance. Showed him the little leather cat-o-nine-tails I have (really just as a prop for effect), and he grabbed his clothes and got out of there before I gave him a flashback to the Catholic school nun program of discipline. At least he left his donation to my charitable works.

He later called me and told me I should "repent" and ask for God's mercy, that what would a woman like me do if I met Jesus? Guess he never considered Mary Magdalene's reputation.
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #12
Hugbuddy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Prior to finding my way into the "Hobby", an occasional "affair" would fill (sort of) the sexual gap, (needs, wants, etc) but those affairs certainly created many feelings of guilt for me! BIG BIG difference (for me anyway) between having an affair and seeing/visiting a lady on the provider side of the hobby! I feel that the more I let my emotions get involved, the greater the "guilt" factor kicks in!! Since I found my way into the "hobby" arena, I've really not had any of those "guilt" feelings that I had when I became emotionally involved with someone on the "civvie" side!

I kind of understand where your coming from though I.V. and when you come up this way we can discuss it (maybe )!!!
Hugbuddy is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #13
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
I realize that some gentlemen will limit their involvement emotionally to a very thin and finite line, not reveal any of their personal lives at all, but that hasn't been many in my experience. It IS part of the GFE for gentlemen to talk, vent, share their hope and fantasies, establish that closer connection even if only for a brief time, and just having someone listen sympathetically and not judge (not tell them how stupid they're being and to get up and go to work, like a spouse might) is often very satisfying to them along WITH the tactile sensations. Each fellow is different in his expectations, so I try to ease in and go with the flow until I see how deep he wants to swim and what boundaries he sets.
I've been pondering this subject since I first read the OP.

I don't feel guilt, I guess for a number of reasons, I think mostly as hugbuddy said, it's not an emotional connection. Also, I think unlike Fancy's experience, I do not tend to see the same provider more than once, so there's little chance to build up a "relationship" over time.

Mostly, I try to limit conversations to very neutral subjects. Personally, I enjoy politics, history, art & religion, but not in a session with a provider I'll see only once. Safe is best. The best session I ever had, we were on the subject of sports (mostly football). My knowledge of sports is pretty thin, and hers was pretty deep. She must have been laughing inside all the time. It was, however, a great session.

And, I don't tend to "unload" during a session, probably b/c I don't know her at all.

The last time I felt a little guilt is when a lady friend and I discovered that we communicated so basically that we could almost complete each other's sentences. Did we have sex? No. But I did confide in her to the extent that I felt guilt.

Betrayal is not sex. It is more.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

now the the reason i asked this question was I was seeing a new person from this site and he all of of a sudden said he had to go he feel overwhelmed with guilt and missed his wife. I had already known they had issues. I have never had that happen and was just curious. He has only seen one other provider. That is the reasoning behind my question. Completely caught me off guard
Old 12-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #15
burkalini
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

If he was feeling guilt then he did the right thing by stopping. I never felt that way. I was married for 27 years and never once strayed. Since my divorce I went thru a real man whore phase. Now I am off the hobby market. I guess I got it out of my system for awhile at least.
burkalini is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women