Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40281
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 08-28-2023, 04:12 AM   #1
pxmcc
BANNED

Encounters: 55
Default Feral hog pack is back in Katy near Bush Park

so one of my favorite bike routes starts in the Med Center and traverses Terry Hershey Park and Bush Park on the way to Fry Road in Katy.

years ago, at night, coming out of Bush Park, i used to see one or more feral hog packs on the regular. i loved sneaking up on them and then firing my Blaze light right at 'em in the last second and issuing a roar from hell. i was pretty good at scaring the bejeezus out of them.

then, for a few years, they sort of disappeared. recently i've been seeing lone hogs at night on the stretch between highway 6 and Barker Cypress (no deer though), but just recently, when I was coming back from Katy at about 9pm, i stumbled across the full hog pack, so i barked at 'em and they took off in a sprint.

i know feral hogs are a nuisance animal with no bag limit and open season 365 days a year. but is it legal to hunt them on public property? i'm sure firearms are a no-go in city limits, but what about crossbow hunting? is that kosher?

i'm all about eating free-range animals lol versus the factory farms where they put who knows what antibiotics, hormones, etc. in the feed. anyone know what the rules are? would love to bring me home sum fresh bacon..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:10 PM   #2
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

It is illegal. If you want to dbl check just check texas hunting laws.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:17 PM   #3
Michael8219
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I loves me some hormones when I gets me pork.

http://m.youtube.com/shorts/NbGqilSgK70
Michael8219 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:26 PM   #4
Bowser98
Premium Access

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
It is illegal.
Not quite true, as it is legal to hunt under permit on certain public lands, e.g., Sam Houston Nat’l Forest (but yes, illegal where the OP is referring to).
Bowser98 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:31 PM   #5
Bowser98
Premium Access

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
… would love to bring me home sum fresh bacon..
Not sure if you’re using the term “bacon” generically to refer to pork, but there’s no bacon to be had on a wild pig; they’re just not fat enough. The only way to get bacon from a wild pig is to trap a piglet or shoat, pen it, and fatten it up yourself.

I’ve trapped and killed hundreds of wild pigs, so I do know a bit on this subject.
Bowser98 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:35 PM   #6
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Speaking of feral hogs, didn't stacey abrams also question the election results in Georgia? So she can get away with that while Trump is in hot water. Oh that's right, democrats can get away with that shit in our banana republic with kangaroo courts.

However to get the thread back on topic, I would love to go hog hunting as there are plenty of places that want feral hog hunters, but having to clean up and drag the hogs for disposal would be a bitch to do. I don't want anywhere near these nasty animals.
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 01:23 AM   #7
MarcellusWalluz
(Xzn/Xzan)

Encounters: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser98 View Post
Not sure if you’re using the term “bacon” generically to refer to pork, but there’s no bacon to be had on a wild pig; they’re just not fat enough. The only way to get bacon from a wild pig is to trap a piglet or shoat, pen it, and fatten it up yourself.

I’ve trapped and killed hundreds of wild pigs, so I do know a bit on this subject.
+1
The only parts I have found worth keeping are the hams, & only if it's still young.
MarcellusWalluz is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 03:38 AM   #8
pxmcc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
It is illegal. If you want to dbl check just check texas hunting laws.
good to know sir! i'll save it for the Apocalypse..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael8219 View Post
I loves me some hormones when I gets me pork.

http://m.youtube.com/shorts/NbGqilSgK70
yup i need to watch that video

Quote:
Not quite true, as it is legal to hunt under permit on certain public lands, e.g., Sam Houston Nat’l Forest (but yes, illegal where the OP is referring to).
thank you for the clarification sir.

Quote:

hilarious! did you ever get attached to the pig?

i meant metaphorically. like Daddy better bring home the bacon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
Speaking of feral hogs, didn't stacey abrams also question the election results in Georgia? So she can get away with that while Trump is in hot water. Oh that's right, democrats can get away with that shit in our banana republic with kangaroo courts.

However to get the thread back on topic, I would love to go hog hunting as there are plenty of places that want feral hog hunters, but having to clean up and drag the hogs for disposal would be a bitch to do. I don't want anywhere near these nasty animals.
ya i wondered, even if i shot one with a crossbow, how the fook i was going to get the monster home on my Rock Hopper. some of the bigger ones can exceed like 300 pounds, i've heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz View Post
+1
The only parts I have found worth keeping are the hams, & only if it's still young.
thank you for the info!

i had a buddy who used to eat basically the whole hog (minus the guts lol) and he swore by a 4 day marinade in a Port wine with a good amount of papain to soften the meat. all i know is his feral pigs tasted great, but no bacon was to be had unless it was extensively reliant on deer feed.

those fuckers are in shape. some of the big males i've encountered and scared hit 20 mph easily. would not want to try to outrun one.

interesting fact: a women in the Woodlands was attacked by a feral hog pack and they killed her and ate her. she was 5'1 and lacked my alpha predator psycho i'm comin for ya vibe, but still, that shit is pretty gnarly..

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/u...eral-hogs.html
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 03:16 PM   #9
jan-w
Premium Access

Encounters: 68

Sounds like a job for American Hoggers. Used to love that show.
jan-w is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:40 PM   #10
majorjones
Premium Access

Encounters: 37

C'mon. Bunch of city slickers -j/k.. You don't get BACON from a wild or domestic pig. You get PORK BELLY from both and you take the pork belly and cure it and smoke it to make bacon. Bacon is man-made. Feral hogs certainly have a belly and you can make bacon from it, it's just much leaner than domestic pig belly so the bacon produced is much different in taste and texture.
My preference is to mix the feral hog meat (all cuts) with deer meat into sausage. Sometimes you have to add more domestic pork fat because the hog isn't fat enough.
majorjones is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 08:21 PM   #11
Alyssa71
Account Frozen

User ID: 347380
My ECCIE Reviews

This thread is making me hungry. Also, I had bacon this past weekend and it was delicious. As far as hogs go, I think they’re useless. All they do is fuck shit up. I definitely wouldn’t want one in my backyard.
Alyssa71 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 01:17 PM   #12
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post

interesting fact: a women in the Woodlands was attacked by a feral hog pack and they killed her and ate her. she was 5'1 and lacked my alpha predator psycho i'm comin for ya vibe, but still, that shit is pretty gnarly..

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/u...eral-hogs.html
The link said it happened in Anahuac, which is about 50 miles east from Houston, not the Woodlands. And the lady was a few feet from her front door when the attack happened. They must’ve been camping out.
kerwil62 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 04:10 PM   #13
USAsoldier
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Bacon in burgers. Why????
USAsoldier is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:11 PM   #14
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz View Post
+1
If the weight is below 125lbs good eating. Bigger get nasty, best leave them to coyotes and buzzards.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 11:13 PM   #15
pxmcc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwil62 View Post
The link said it happened in Anahuac, which is about 50 miles east from Houston, not the Woodlands. And the lady was a few feet from her front door when the attack happened. They must’ve been camping out.
you are correct sir, my bad. i think she was a personal caretaker for an elderly client and was there in the early am for work.

if i run into a dangerous predator-type situation, i go straight on offense. when i see aggressive dog packs in rough neighborhoods, i ride straight at 'em at top speed. they run lol.

i might have a brown bear or another apex predator call my bluff eventually, but i figure who cares. might as well die with your dignity intact even if your body isn't lol.
pxmcc is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women