Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59931
gman4452934
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47552
pyramider46370
bambino40326
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 12-31-2023, 04:52 AM   #31
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Statements on this thread have been made that draw an equivalence between "MAGAs" and citizens who support the Second Amendment as it is currently interpreted by SCOTUS. It is interesting to note that during the Obama administration's national discussion of gun control, firearms retailers said that most first time gun buyers were minorities and women . . . the folks who made up large parts of the Democrat'S coalition that put Obama into office. They seemed to be believers in the right to own and poses firerms. . . . .and I believe that most would not delf-identify as 'MAGSAs". There was a similar gun buying surge from the same demographic groups sat the start of the Biden administration during the widespread unrest of the BLM-Antifa riots of 2020. They seemed to be believers in the current interpretation of The Second Amendment too.

Interestingly to me . . . during the Jan 6th events at the Capitol, not one gun was used by or recovered from, any of the so-called rioting insurrectionists. Several hundred "MAGA" citizens were subsequently imprisoned for this or that, but no one was charged with a gun crime.

We can quibble forever about the true meaning of the text of the Second Amendment as written in 1789.

If The Second Amendment is a spurious right not inalienable or preexisting the Constitution . . .why don't the anti-gun crowd want to abolish it? The constitution provides two mechanisms for doing just that.

I say "PUT UP OR SHUT UP".
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 08:00 AM   #32
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Your car isn't absolute. Self Defense is.
Not according to decisions made by the courts, including SCOTUS.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 08:12 AM   #33
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post

Interestingly to me . . . during the Jan 6th events at the Capitol, not one gun was used by or recovered from, any of the so-called rioting insurrectionists. Several hundred "MAGA" citizens were subsequently imprisoned for this or that, but no one was charged with a gun crime.

[/B]
Very few, myself included, do not contest the right of people to own guns. However, as I keep reminding people, that right is not absolute. Anyone who disagrees with that statement is wrong based on court decisions, decisions made by even Conservative leaning courts.

As for your claim that handguns were not present at the January 6 picnic in the park.

"PolitiFact: Tucker Carlson is wrong. Firearms, other weapons at Capitol on Jan. 6"

https://www.statesman.com/story/news...-6/7621149001/

"'Armed insurrection': What weapons did the Capitol rioters carry?"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...oogle_vignette

There were definitly people on the Capitol grounds with handguns on January 6. No, none were charged with a "gun crime" but some definitely had handguns in their possession and were charged with possession. But since very few were physically searched for weapons that day there may have been many more with handguns than those caught and charged.
Old 12-31-2023, 08:26 AM   #34
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Not according to decisions made by the courts, including SCOTUS.
Fuck the courts they are just violating the Constitution. Besides you probably misinterpreted what they said anyway.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 09:18 AM   #35
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Fuck the courts they are just violating the Constitution. Besides you probably misinterpreted what they said anyway.
I did not misinterpret what they said at all. Look at the FACTS.

States are given the freedom to restrict gun ownership as they see fit. The obvious restriction is age but there are several others. If people in a state disagree with those laws they can take their case throught the court system as has been done several times, some wins some losses.
Old 12-31-2023, 09:46 AM   #36
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
I did not misinterpret what they said at all. Look at the FACTS.

States are given the freedom to restrict gun ownership as they see fit. The obvious restriction is age but there are several others. If people in a state disagree with those laws they can take their case throught the court system as has been done several times, some wins some losses.
No State can enact any Law restricting the ownership of a Firearm from any citizen of the "Age of Majority" which refers to the threshold of legal adulthood as recognized by Law. Now the State can prohibit Firearm ownership to a Convicted Felon. A Convicted Felon due to the fact of his conviction has given up his/her right to ownership or possession of a Firearm. But arbitrarily no Law can be Constitutionally enacted to prohibit or restrict a Law Abiding citizen from owning or possessing a legal Firearm. It's been tried and failed because it violates the Constitution.
Old 12-31-2023, 07:12 PM   #37
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNinja69 View Post
Biden isn't even working as hard as Obama did to 'take away our guns' so for anyone whose butthole is puckered in fear of having their firearms abducted I think you would be just as likely to teach pigs how to fly
yep. joey is far behind Obama in that. Obama was giving away guns.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 06:38 AM   #38
ICU 812
Valued Poster

No charge, no conviction.

No due process or legal fact-finding.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:59 AM   #39
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
What type of message does that send Levi?

Believe nobody?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 09:34 AM   #40
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Quote:
Very few, myself included, do not contest the right of people to own guns. However, as I keep reminding people, that right is not absolute. Anyone who disagrees with that statement is wrong based on court decisions, decisions made by even Conservative leaning courts.

As for your claim that handguns were not present at the January 6 picnic in the park.

"PolitiFact: Tucker Carlson is wrong. Firearms, other weapons at Capitol on Jan. 6"

https://www.statesman.com/story/news...-6/7621149001/

"'Armed insurrection': What weapons did the Capitol rioters carry?"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...oogle_vignette

There were definitly people on the Capitol grounds with handguns on January 6. No, none were charged with a "gun crime" but some definitely had handguns in their possession and were charged with possession. But since very few were physically searched for weapons that day there may have been many more with handguns than those caught and charged.
Thank you. I will correct my remarks.

No firearms were confiscated from protesters inside the capitol that I am aware of. No one arrested in the4 Capitol was charged with a gun crime. No one inside the Capitol discharg3d a firearm except for one Capiton police officer. One unarmed woman was shot inside the Capitol and killed by Capiton police.

Hrdly an armed insurrection.
Old 01-01-2024, 10:17 AM   #41
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:

No firearms were confiscated from protesters inside the capitol that I am aware of. No one arrested in the4 Capitol was charged with a gun crime. No one inside the Capitol discharg3d a firearm except for one Capiton police officer. One unarmed woman was shot inside the Capitol and killed by Capiton police.

SNCK
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 10:33 AM   #42
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

If I'm not mistaken, many of the proud boys and a few others questioned did indeed confirm that they had guns stashed nearby for use if required. There were several ppl with multiple guns in cars that were parked near the capital.-(which is illegal by the way in DC. You need permits and they can only be in the home or place of business, and that all firearms must be registered with the metro PD. There are very few ppl given open carry or CCPs in the DC area for obvious political reasons) That they didn't bring them with them is a godsend, but thats like saying a suicide bomber, who wanted to scope out the situation before strapping up his IED, was totally innocent cause he didn't have the bomb on him. The intent of a crime, is part n parcel of committing one. Look at the guys who get nabbed on to catch a predator, By the time Chris Hansen pops up, those guys are guilty and processed as such. They didn't have to actually go through with the crime, it was the planning, the intent and partial follow-through that they get caught. And why some of the proud boys got such big sentences. Mitigating circumstances that they didn't have the fire-arm with them, but that they did in fact bring them to the city- is a crime - intent to cause bodily harm. The status of intent of the mind- criminal intentions.

anyone who participated or helped with the coordination of the same crime, could be charged with conspiracy to the fact. Not all that hard to understand.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 04:14 PM   #43
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
What type of message does that send Levi?

Believe nobody?
My message is America will remain Armed. Whether you like it or not.
Old 01-02-2024, 01:10 PM   #44
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
No State can enact any Law restricting the ownership of a Firearm from any citizen of the "Age of Majority" which refers to the threshold of legal adulthood as recognized by Law. Now the State can prohibit Firearm ownership to a Convicted Felon. A Convicted Felon due to the fact of his conviction has given up his/her right to ownership or possession of a Firearm. But arbitrarily no Law can be Constitutionally enacted to prohibit or restrict a Law Abiding citizen from owning or possessing a legal Firearm. It's been tried and failed because it violates the Constitution.
You should do some research before making such incorrect statements.

For example, 10 states have laws banning assault style weapons.

"Context: California became the first state to enact a ban on assault-style weapons in 1990. Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York followed suit.

Each state delineates its own definition of assault-style weapons in its laws. But the term generally covers the same types of firearms, such as the AR-15-style rifle used in the Uvalde and Highland Park shootings last year.

The District of Columbia has had restrictions in place dating back to 1932.

Several states have faced lawsuits over the bans, however."

And you should remember that there was a federal ban on certain assault style weapons for 10 years, starting in 1994.

"Congress passed a 10-year ban on assault weapons in 1994. A 2019 study found that mass-shooting fatalities were 70% less likely to occur during this period."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...an/ar-AA16ePd8

And in 2016 SCOTUS upheld those laws to be valid.
Old 01-02-2024, 01:20 PM   #45
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:

Thank you for your correction. There were many other weapons found on the protesters other than handguns.

"But a review of the federal charges against the alleged rioters shows that they did come armed, and with a variety of weapons: stun guns, pepper spray, baseball bats and flagpoles wielded as clubs. An additional suspect also allegedly planted pipe bombs by the headquarters of the Democratic and Republican parties the night before the riot and remains at large.

Those weapons brought violence and chaos to the Capitol. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died one day after two rioters allegedly sprayed him and other officers with what prosecutors describe as an "unknown chemical substance." Four other people in the crowd died in the insurrection, and more than 100 police officers suffered injuries, including cracked ribs, gouged eyes and shattered spinal disks."

People committed crimes on January 6, 2021, some very minor and some very major. There were around 2,000 protesters at the Capitol building that day. Far from all faced charges.

An overview of the cases so far

Number of people charged, federal: 1,232

Number of people who have pleaded guilty: 728

Number of individuals who have had jury, bench, or stipulated bench trials: 169

The number with mixed verdicts: 46

The number convicted on all charges: 120

The number acquitted on all charges: 3

Number of people sentenced: 745

The percentage of people sentenced who have received prison time: 64

The median sentence for those who received prison time, in days: 150

The number of cases dismissed: 9 federal

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/96547...-their-stories