Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 12-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #46
guest042312
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandalee View Post
not true my second dwi i had to tke ablood test. You could refuse the breath test. The only tim te police need a warent is to search your car, or home. Getting my degee for Criminal Justice I have learned a whole lot...
Yes you can refuse both the blood and the breath test.. but you better be ready to pay the price in doing so.. The failure to do so "costs" I have gathered are as bad or worse than getting the DUI.
guest042312 is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #47
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRiggins View Post
What if a person is on a blood thinner like Coumadin? That would mean that the person would have increased bleeding after the puncture. Would that qualify as a reason to not draw blood?
Quote:
Originally Posted by medingdong View Post
No, that is why a qualified medical person should be drawing the blood. Or the "certified" officer should ask you certain medical questions.
In my view, KRiggins' suggestion shouldn't be rejected so quickly. In the Johnston case, the court held that the person empowered to take the sample of the defendant's blood was qualified. Nevertheless, the court expressed concern for the situations I mentioned, such as "fear, concern for health, or religious scruple" or a "specific medical condition that may create an unjustified risk, trauma, or pain."

If a DWI suspect used Coumadin, or had hemophelia, I can envision the sample-taker hesitating or refusing to take the sample, and I can imagine a trial judge or appellate court ruling that taking such a sample would be "unreasonable" under the Fourth Amendment.

My opinion is a legal one only. I am not qualified to speak to the science of blood conditions or pharmaceuticals.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #48
Guest042413
Account Disabled

User ID: 14630
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by medingdong View Post
Yeah, Olivia.... even your lawyer will tell you that you didn't have to give it. A judge has to sign a warrant to obtain a blood sample. That is what the big deal is about during the no refusal weekends. In Brazoria, Galveston and Harris county, they have a mobile judge with an EMT to draw blood on site when not giving consent for a FST and breath test. Trust me ladies, I'm going through mine right now.... have been for 5 months now. 15k later and a lot of learning and advice from my lawyer. The ONLY time you are required to do anything like that, is if a judge signs a warrant for it. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure your 4th, 8th and 14 amendments were violated.
ARGUE WITH ME ALL YOU WANT MY LAWYER SAID THEY FORCED ME TO GIVE BLOOD THEY DID NOT OBTAIN A WARRANT... So there for im going to win my case
Guest042413 is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #49
Powerdrive
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

I'm not arguing with you babe, I just merely stated what I have learned during the course of mine. I hope you get out of it... or your blood results show that you were below the legal limit. Hope to see you when I get back from out of town.
Powerdrive is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women