Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Zabrina Sarafina
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 115962
Default On Being an Elitist Snob

Whether you are one (you know who you are...I know it too *wink wink*)

Or you live in a city/work in a culture constantly surrounded by Them

What's life like being an elitist snob?

Or what do you feel being around Them? - Are they shining role models or annoying fake jackasses with a silver spoon stuck real tight up their %$$%

Being a snob myself I Cannot stand being around other snobs superior to my superiority, it irritates me. I then have to put in the extra effort required to make sure I get up in that circle (as part of my many "social experiments") When I get initiated in (yes you have to be Asked) I find out the inside view is not what it all glammed up to be (bummer), lose interest real fast, start acting obnoxious, *politely* discard myself proving I was can't never be truly one of Them. Do I want to be? You know I like the lifestyle but I can't act fake (keyword Act) for too long

I'm pretty comfortable in my own level. Would probably see myself as a down to earth, easy-going, laid back snob. Very lassiez faire. Yea I look down at some people but at the same time I admire them for being who they are, Authentic. Ever heard of an elitist authentic snob (outside of wasps *sigh*) I don't think so. They are always trying to be someone who they're not. See...that's the field I should specialize my psychology practice ...Elitist Snobs and their struggles of the culture their born and are slaves to

Anyways, back to the main question/s. I'm curious to know if you do refer to yourself as an elitist how do you honestly view rest of the cattle ahem social classes? Do you pity us, feel the same on a human scale...(no you don't)

Or just discuss whatever's on your mind regarding snobbery. personal experiences, jokes etc

This should be a fun(ny) interesting thread

Cheers!

Zabrina Sarafina is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
Groucho Marx
zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

I was wondering one day what I truly valued about myself, and the best thing I came up with:

I have never pretended to like someone for financial or personal gain.

In modern day America, that makes me pretty lonely and not very successful.

I hate snobbery and pretense. I just go home.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:05 AM   #4
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina View Post

Being a snob myself I Cannot stand being around other snobs superior to my superiority, it irritates me.

Cheers!

You made me laugh so hard ,... and yes (lol) that is EXACTLY how I feel as well (just kidding)
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #5
Zabrina Sarafina
Pending Age Verification

you have a good point there zerodahero. i've never heard of groucho marx before funny i was thinking he might have been related to karl marx (my fav marx) but anyways it seems we would have gotten along great

modern day america is what you make or unmake of it johnnycap
there are parts of the country that are more tribal-community oriented rather than merely ego centered and that is where I will be heading soon !

and i had a 'feeling' you would be drawn to this nina lol
Old 04-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

This is the first topic here that I've been drawn to in a very long time!

It's just that I'm not sure how to respond. I've been accused of being snotty at times although I think that it's just the way that my face looks in a resting poise.

More later.

ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
I've been accused of being snotty at times although I think that it's just the way that my face looks in a resting poise.

More later.

NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
evietaylor
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 22610
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
This is the first topic here that I've been drawn to in a very long time!

It's just that I'm not sure how to respond. I've been accused of being snotty at times although I think that it's just the way that my face looks in a resting poise.

More later.

Ditto.

As far as I'm concerned, the only real elitists are people like the Trumps, the Johnson family (Johnson & Johnson Co.), royals, etcetera. People who have that kind of money, power, etc., don't need to talk about it to one up others.

I had a client a few years ago who was supposedly quite wealthy & would always throw out, "I swear I'm not an elitist", during conversation. Finally, one day I got so tired of it & said, "okay, then quit mentioning it". Consequently, he quit coming around. I guess he realized I wasn't buying his bullshit.
evietaylor is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Wouldn't it be a fun debate to see if Donald Trump really is an elitist? (My vote would be no. He's too much of a showman to have any sort of underlying elegance.)

However, there are some elitists who take a backwards approach. They're represented by the broke Bohemian types that you read about during the times of Hemingway and the artists and writer's in Paris back decades ago.

By the turn of the century writers who spent time in Algiers (I cannot find that copy of my book to elaborate. Just something from my memory) and all the way to someone like Leonard Cohen.

Who writes incredible songs but also has lived in monasteries, been broke, rich, embezzled from and is now, in his late 70's, creating wealth again for himself.

These are the types that I tend to consider elitists as well.

And just think of how "The Great Gatsby" is just bringing brought back to a new life? A whole new topic could be created about the elitists in that environment and time.

Time for some coffee and finger snapping jazz in the background. I feel a mood coming on!

ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
evietaylor
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 22610
My ECCIE Reviews

Very well said, Elizabeth.
evietaylor is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
Vivienne Rey
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 23639
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I love your spirit and your candor, Zabrina.

There are uppity, superficial snobs and there are people who live a life that suits them, to the exclusion of the less compatible. But "snob" really is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm not the superficial snob, but I've been accused of being uppity. I think I am better than others and/or I'm cold and unfeeling. Welp, I am better than some but I am hardly uppity or cold and unfeeling.

I find that those who think this way are, in fact, lesser people. "Lesser" is also relative, of course. I define it, generally, as one who lacks a healthy level of self awareness and common sense and lives a life that reflects that. Sure, they may not have been equipped with the tools. Some people are too lazy to better themselves. The end result is the same. They are weaker links and they have the potential to impact my life negatively. So, I steer clear. It's a matter of preservation, not snobbery.

Fact: we are not all created equal. Some people simply ARE better than others. If you value quality of life, you will surround yourself with those who also value the same....and you will always be a snob to somebody, money or no money. I don't see much of a difference between the "elitist" snobs and others who don't have a ton of money, BTW.
Vivienne Rey is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
Uncle Han
BANNED

Elitist snobs care about what other people think, otherwise they wouldn't be elitist snobs. The elite already know they're elite and only care about what they think of themselves.
Uncle Han is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #13
Zabrina Sarafina
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
I've been accused of being snotty at times although I think that it's just the way that my face looks in a resting poise.
Hmm...I wonder if my face looks "snotty" at a resting poise. I always have trouble expressing emotions in my photo shoots. Like I have this one look and I stick with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by evietaylor View Post
I had a client a few years ago who was supposedly quite wealthy & would always throw out, "I swear I'm not an elitist", during conversation. Finally, one day I got so tired of it & said, "okay, then quit mentioning it". Consequently, he quit coming around. I guess he realized I wasn't buying his bullshit.
Haha, you burst his elitist bubble! How Could you! Don't you Know elitists have fragile egos and tender feelings...

Quote:
Wouldn't it be a fun debate to see if Donald Trump really is an elitist? (My vote would be no. He's too much of a showman to have any sort of underlying elegance.)
I wonder if the elitists would consider Donald under the nouveau riche category, because he sure ain't blue blooded. But who cares! He's got the hottest imported wifes, ex-wifes, daughters, androgynous looking sons in the field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne Rey View Post
I'm not the superficial snob, but I've been accused of being uppity. I think I am better than others and/or I'm cold and unfeeling. Welp, I am better than some but I am hardly uppity or cold and unfeeling.

I find that those who think this way are, in fact, lesser people. "Lesser" is also relative, of course. I define it, generally, as one who lacks a healthy level of self awareness and common sense and lives a life that reflects that. Sure, they may not have been equipped with the tools. Some people are too lazy to better themselves. The end result is the same. They are weaker links and they have the potential to impact my life negatively. So, I steer clear. It's a matter of preservation, not snobbery.

Fact: we are not all created equal. Some people simply ARE better than others. If you value quality of life, you will surround yourself with those who also value the same....and you will always be a snob to somebody, money or no money. I don't see much of a difference between the "elitist" snobs and others who don't have a ton of money, BTW.
You know what Vivienne, I greatly admire people who know who or what they are and that is the way it is. Yea, I have certain personal standards, if that makes me a snob yea I'm snob. Simple. Why try to defend it?

and I love, love, Love this : Sure, they may not have been equipped with the tools. Some people are too lazy to better themselves. The end result is the same. They are weaker links and they have the potential to impact my life negatively. So, I steer clear. It's a matter of preservation, not snobbery.

then I love how you jump into humble: Fact: we are not all created equal. Wait. OMG I misread that. we are Not all created equal...ahhh!

then back to: Some people simply ARE better than others. If you value quality of life, you will surround yourself with those who also value the same....

I was going to write something about how it's a fine delicate elegant art of balancing being who you are, yet remaining humble and compassionate. But forget That!!! Just do your Thing :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Han View Post
Elitist snobs care about what other people think, otherwise they wouldn't be elitist snobs. The elite already know they're elite and only care about what they think of themselves.
Sure...you gotta stay true to yourself
Old 05-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
Vivienne Rey
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 23639
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina View Post
I was going to write something about how it's a fine delicate elegant art of balancing being who you are, yet remaining humble and compassionate. But forget That!!! Just do your Thing :P
Well, sure, there should be a balance. What I said I doesn't sound humble, but the truth isn't always socially acceptable or PC. Still, I don't share these thoughts on a regular basis. It was a discussion I could relate to, so I chimed in. But how do you soften the truth, be it good or bad, if the truth is profound?

I love psychology, especially criminal or abnormal psychology. I read up on it all the time. I stumbled across a blog one day created by a diagnosed psychopath.

http://www.psychopathicwritings.com/...ychopaths.html

So very interesting, but I was especially impressed by something I read in the comments below it.

"Now people call that Narcissism, as if knowing I'm a better person somehow needs a pathology connected to it. If I am superior with using logic and knowing how people tick, and have an objective view on most things, does that make me mental?

NO!

That makes me clear headed. That makes me superior. That makes the best person at what I do.

I'm not mentally challenged, I was born with a superior genetic predisposition, and any naysayer's opinion otherwise means fuck all to me."

It SOUNDS arrogant, but if it is true, how to you soften it? We are taught to be humble and not "brag". People who get Bs and Cs all their lives can brag if they get an A. It's a big deal. Those who are on the Honor Roll have to be humble about it lest they offend the B's and C's. Just doesn't seem fair.

I don't want to get too far off track with your thread, but I love this kind of shtuph.
Vivienne Rey is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
Zabrina Sarafina
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne Rey View Post
Well, sure, there should be a balance. What I said I doesn't sound humble, but the truth isn't always socially acceptable or PC. Still, I don't share these thoughts on a regular basis. It was a discussion I could relate to, so I chimed in. But how do you soften the truth, be it good or bad, if the truth is profound?

I love psychology, especially criminal or abnormal psychology. I read up on it all the time. I stumbled across a blog one day created by a diagnosed psychopath.

http://www.psychopathicwritings.com/...ychopaths.html

So very interesting, but I was especially impressed by something I read in the comments below it.

"Now people call that Narcissism, as if knowing I'm a better person somehow needs a pathology connected to it. If I am superior with using logic and knowing how people tick, and have an objective view on most things, does that make me mental?

NO!

That makes me clear headed. That makes me superior. That makes the best person at what I do.

I'm not mentally challenged, I was born with a superior genetic predisposition, and any naysayer's opinion otherwise means fuck all to me."

It SOUNDS arrogant, but if it is true, how to you soften it? We are taught to be humble and not "brag". People who get Bs and Cs all their lives can brag if they get an A. It's a big deal. Those who are on the Honor Roll have to be humble about it lest they offend the B's and C's. Just doesn't seem fair.

I don't want to get too far off track with your thread, but I love this kind of shtuph.
Regarding that lovely quote I highly encourage high self-esteem. I feel it probably would take you alot further down the "success" track and taking good care of yourself than someone who feels low in self-worth or is just plain modest. Ordinary. And there has been numerous studies done on this

On the other hand, most people don't actually enjoy being around narcissists holding their superiority over you. But most people do enjoy being influenced by people with high self confidence, sense of self-worth and who share it with the world; not in superiority but as healthy positive aspiring role models. Ex) Oprah

It's such a delicate balance

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women