Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 08-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424
Default New study finds men are more likely to cheat on women who earn more or less money than they do

People spent money on a study that concluded that men will basically are highly likely to cheat on their partner unless they earn a similar income. The message here: men cheat.

Still no cure for cancer.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/08/16...ex.html?hpt=T2
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Men who are more famous, occupy a higher social status and are significantly better looking than their spouse are more likely to cheat also. Why? Other women have identified them as 'targets.' If Tiger Woods was just your avg dude, he'd have about as women as me throwing themselves at him.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

All this time I thought it was because I enjoyed women so much, the thrill of having something that I don't have at the moment. You know the thought .... "I want that".

I guess I don't apply to the study, though she does well, she is still following up the ladder behind myself.

Quote:
The message here: men cheat.
Since I see women only!!!!! The message here: There must be women who cheat also.
Guest112113-3 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
jughead1171
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

IMHO I think most men and women cheat when something is missing in the relationship and either one or both are not willing to work on what it would take to make the other happy.
jughead1171 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I love facts like these. Just the nature of the question predetermines the outcome.

How about asking...Do men who have money, acclaim and power have more opportunity with women than men who don't hold those attributes?

There is no doubt about it...men cheat...and they probably have more propensity to do so than women. The "Why" is a bit more difficult to ascertain.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default We gotta weenie. A sharing weenie I might add!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post

The "Why" is a bit more difficult to ascertain.
Pretty simple RK.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Women need a reason, men just need an opportunity
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Some guys whose wives earn more than they do might have self-esteem issues and feel that they need to "validate their manhood."

Some guys whose wives earn similar incomes may feel that their household depends to such a significant extent on the extra income that they're afraid to rock the boat. And they may be afraid that their wives would cut their balls off if they got caught straying!

Men who earn substantially more than their wives obviously have far more sexual opportunities. They are likely to screw around because...well, because they are men!

Anyway, that's my oversimplified "occam's razor-style" take on the issue.

The best part is that I didn't even have to burn through any money to come to those conclusions.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #9
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Women need a reason, men just need an opportunity
+1

Men are interested in the physical act and release.

Women want foreplay and interaction.

For men it's physical; for women it's a head game.

(Well, it's a head game for men, too...just a different head. lol)
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
SneakyCancer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

i cheat because i can. And i like it....im in love with being with other women over and over again. Screw money or not getting it at home. I get it all the time and how i want it. Something better about forbidden fruit....seems and sounds more appealing.
SneakyCancer is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #11
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
I love facts like these. Just the nature of the question predetermines the outcome.

How about asking...Do men who have money, acclaim and power have more opportunity with women than men who don't hold those attributes?

There is no doubt about it...men cheat...and they probably have more propensity to do so than women. The "Why" is a bit more difficult to ascertain.
Great thoughts. I am reminded that 70% of married man cheat at least once at some point -- which means that 30% don't.

But what if I gave that 30% unlimited funds, fame, acclaim, a near guarantee that they wouldn't be caught ... and some dream girls.

How many of those 30% cheat?

BUT -- I can also look at it the other way.

I am reasonably convinced that most men prefer to remain faithful provided their needs can be met within the marriage. I said "prefer" -- not necessarily do. How many of those 70% wouldn't cheat provided all of their needs were met within the marriage?

Likewise, I believe that some innovative techniques employed within marriage can have a beneficial effect on at least male fidelity. For example, role play where the wife assumes some other role or appearance every so often. For greater info on this, a Rabbi wrote an interesting book with variances on this theme called "Kosher Adultery" in which he describes how to have an affair with your spouse. The ideas are applicable to folks without regard to religious affiliation.

Of course, I should point out that recent data indicates that wives cheat every bit as much as husbands; and genetic surveys are showing that 10% of children born to American couples are the result of cuckoldry -- even in an era of ubiquitous birth control availability.

Women cheat, they simply aren't as flamboyant about it and don't have to pay. I wasn't always very cautious in checking out women I saw in the civie world while dating and on three occasions slept with married women without immediately realizing it, in one case for a few weeks. I'm absolutely certain I wasn't the first or last.

A while back I read a book I found very interesting called "his needs, her needs" that put forth the premise that infidelity is generally unintended and starts with unmet emotional needs being met by someone outside the marriage. Often people don't even realize they have such unmet needs. I think this idea has some merit.

But it certainly doesn't apply to an arena in which women are widely reviewed, charge a fee, and men go way out of their way to meet them. That's not an accident -- it is intentional -- and most assuredly falls to at least some degree outside the premises of that book.

On another track, we are not innately monogamous creatures, but are rather socially monogamous. Research on topics such as sperm competition should disabuse us of any notions of monogamy being an innate state of affairs for either sex.

Social monogamy, as it tends to oppose certain implicit tendencies, is a fragile thing in that it depends upon social disapproval of polygamy or infidelity and likely even punishment to be held together.

100 years ago, despite birth control being nowhere near as available as it is now, the rate of out of wedlock births (which can be used in that era to some extent as a proxy measurement for infidelity) were small. Like 2%-3%. Unless all the guys who were cheating were doing so with married women; there likely wasn't much cheating going on.

But, then, infidelity constituted fault grounds for divorce; would get you fired from your job, would subject you to massive amounts of public humiliation such that for all practical purposes its discovery meant that your social life was over.

Today, if infidelity is mentioned to a marital master in a divorce hearing; s/he just waves a hand dismissively. It is a total non-issue. Your boss looks at you sympathetically and just says "You too, huh? Be more careful next time." Prominent political figures and even sports heroes; though somewhat excoriated, provide an example showing that fulfilling libidinous impulses is entirely normal, etc. etc.

Of course, the whole game is about to change anyway because economics will, I think, deal marriage a death blow and have us hurtling headlong into polygamy (not polyamory -- polygamy) unless people learn how to re-create support networks with extended families.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowshopper View Post
i cheat because i can. And i like it....im in love with being with other women over and over again. Screw money or not getting it at home. I get it all the time and how i want it. Something better about forbidden fruit....seems and sounds more appealing.
Word!
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
China Doll
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9942
My ECCIE Reviews

I once read about a study that showed that the percentage of women who cheat is comparable to the percentage of men who cheat. However, according to the research, women get caught less frequently. The explanation included evidence that women cheat in more calculated ways and are better at lying about it. Interesting results, yes? We'll never really know anything for sure, but it's cool to read that stuff.
China Doll is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women