Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Mexico > Tijuana - Encounter Reports
Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 04-19-2021, 11:05 AM   #1
VraiSapuer
Premium Access

Encounters: 9
Default TJ and WiFi

I'm headed to LA for a week. I have to be on site the two weekends, but I can work from anywhere during the week. I am considering just checking into a hotel in TJ for those days (love that flat rate, no receipt per-diem!). But, I still have to be able to conduct waaaaay to many Zoom/Teams meetings.

How is the wifi at Puebla Amigo, Grand Hotel or Ticuan?
VraiSapuer is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:57 AM   #2
Techdev69
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 16

Grand Hotel wifi has always been good to me. Never any issues whatsoever. If signal gets weak in your room, the lobby's signal always is reliable and they might have some office spaces too.
Techdev69 is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #3
KCQuestor
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

I've had good wifi in all three of those properties. I've never tried to do a Zoom/Teams call, but plenty of Whatsapp video chats.
KCQuestor is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:55 PM   #4
xolotl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VraiSapuer View Post
How is the wifi at Puebla Amigo, Grand Hotel or Ticuan?
Fastest hotel WiFi is at La Villa de Zaragoza, on Madero behind the Jai-Alai. It uses three different ISPs running in parallel because of our area's problems with DNS outages.

Pueblo Amigo and Ticuan are all hat and no cattle; I don't have up-to-date information on the Grand's WiFi but its internet should be good even if you need to borrow a Cat5 cable from the front desk.
xolotl is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:33 PM   #5
Fizley
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Never had an issue with wifi or cell service in TJ.

In fact many times my phone does not even roam in TJ and uses US Cell towers.

Even then, most major carriers have agreements for cell, text, and internet across. You can just use your hotspot.
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:49 PM   #6
xolotl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizley View Post
In fact many times my phone does not even roam in TJ and uses US Cell towers.
That was true about fifteen years ago, when the US was still pre-3G. We used to carry two cell phones (one 3G Mexican and one 2G US) and the US phones only worked where there was line-of-sight to the cell towers in San Ysidro.
Since then, like maybe even ten years back, the laws here changed such that foreign entities may purchase shares in Mexican telephony, banking, and retail gasoline and consequently cross-border consumerism is almost seamless now. For example, I now carry only one cell phone in the Mexican AT&T network and can use it throughout North America. Best to check with your own carrier to see what their terms are, though.
As for banking, B of A, Wells Fargo, CitiBank, and Chase all bought shares in one Mexican bank or another partly to encourage Mexican workers in the US to send cash to their families in Mexico. However, they failed to update their cards to include RFID chips, a requirement in Mexico and Europe, so many US cards continue to be rejected at ATMs and points of sale down here. Most US banks will issue you a chipped card if you ask them, something you would want to do sooner rather than later.
xolotl is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women