Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59839
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40273
CryptKicker37062
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 02-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #1
bamscram
Valued Poster

Default A good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/inde...r_resigns.html

Unless you are too chickenshit to do your job.
Or don't think a hand gun is a good choice against a long gun.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
LexusLover
Valued Poster

How would you know? You're a parrot. You just proved it again.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #3
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
How would you know? You're a parrot. You just proved it again.
You don't know shit, and just proved it. Go get your depends changed gramps.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #4
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/inde...r_resigns.html

Unless you are too chickenshit to do your job.
Or don't think a hand gun is a good choice against a long gun.
A Peace Officer has a duty to intervene. If he is scared to engage, he should resign or be fired for dereliction of duty.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #5
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
A Peace Officer has a duty to intervene. .... be fired for dereliction of duty.
Where is that written?

Let's start with Texas, then we can discuss Florida.

Texas has had some "first responder" training developed in the aftermath of Columbine with the assistance of the FBI ...

https://www.fbi.gov/about/partnershi...oter-resources

And is painful as it may seem to many in this forum the peace officer training in the State of Texas has been a "standard" that many states have sought, not only from the hiring perspective, but also regarding training standards and education.

https://guardiandefenseplan.com/acti...sponse-course/
(Another course available that discusses the issues.)

Before anyone criticizes any particular officer for their response to an active shooting incident some inquiry should be made as to HIS DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES and the amount of training HIS DEPARTMENT has provided for him to respond to the situation in which he or she finds themselves. And in the specific instance at this point I have seen no reference to any radio logs and/or radio transmission recordings or transcripts with respect to any officers in the area or responding to the seen of the school shooting in Florida.

A charge of "dereliction of duty" requires a specifically written "duty" to respond and act to the specific circumstance or situation for which there is criticism!

Now that we just finished eight (8) years of this shit ....

.. it's small wonder that peace officers hesitate. It has nothing to do necessarily with being "scared"! Officers are being killed more frequently on fake calls! They get trashed when they do respond; they get trashed when they don't risk their lives to respond. Respect them, pay them, and obey them. Then ask them to give their lives for your ass and the asses of your loved ones!
Old 02-23-2018, 08:28 AM   #6
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
A Peace Officer has a duty to intervene. If he is scared to engage, he should resign or be fired for dereliction of duty.
He is going to, 30 some years on the force. 20 as a school resource officer.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:31 AM   #7
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Where is that written?

Let's start with Texas, then we can discuss Florida.
I don't know about Texas but here where I'm at its written in bold lettering on the patrol cars to serve and protect
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:16 AM   #8
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod511 View Post
I don't know about Texas but here where I'm at its written in bold lettering on the patrol cars to serve and protect
That's present in a lot of places .... but that does not impose a duty on a school resource officer with a pistol to charge into an active shooting situation in a building when he's uncertain as to where a shooter is or how many are there and what types of weapons he or they may have ... not to mention explosive vests or whatever .... particularly if dispatch informs him that "back up" is on the way and to hold his position until they arrive .... who more than like lacks the adequate training to neutralize the UNKNOWN situation BY HIMSELF.

The "to protect" part should have been done BEFORE the shooter arrived at the school .... Monday Morning Quarterbacks are always 100% right ...unless they didn't see the game.

My point: We're not even close to getting all the facts ... LV PD hasn't even released ALL THE FACTS (or the FBI for that matter) on the Las Vegas slaughter! Do you think these guys in Florida are?

My guess is there would be a lot of praising in public if he had gone in and been killed, but behind the scenes the guys not there would be calling him a dumbshit. Have we seen enough FACTLESS witch hunts for awhile?

I wouldn't judge this by TV shows.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:22 AM   #9
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
He is going to, 30 some years on the force. 20 as a school resource officer.
They guy in Florida resigned already.

With 30 years in I would say he was "not scared"!

Perhaps prudent and following orders.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #10
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

He was suspended without pay. Then he resigned.

The Sheriff said, in a press conference, that the officer did not do what was expected of him. Further he explained that it is protocol for any and all first responders to engage the suspect immediately. Back up be damned.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:41 AM   #11
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod511 View Post

Honestly, I thought of those words when I heard this story break.

Peterson, whose home is currently under round-the-clock guard by law enforcement, will have to live with this the rest of his life. I've no clue where he goes from here carrying a burden 14 youths and 3 adults were slaughtered "under his watch".

Why he froze we may never know. Personally speaking...if I was in his shoes...I'd be making plans to move. And as soon as possible. His life (as well any family members) has changed FOREVER. Cruz will have to deal with the fact he is a villain...a murderer. Or at least until the day the State of Florida decides to execute him should he receive the Death Penalty.

And unfortunately for Scot Peterson....he will also have to live with the fact people will regard him as some sort of a "villain", as well. A man...an officer....sworn to an oath to serve and protect....and he was remiss in those vows. The emotions he must be feeling today have got to be crushing.

Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
He was suspended without pay. Then he resigned.

The Sheriff said, in a press conference, that the officer did not do what was expected of him. Further he explained that it is protocol for any and all first responders to engage the suspect immediately. Back up be damned.
Yes, I heard what the Sheriff said. The Sheriff has been making excuses since the shit hit the fan. Where was the Sheriff BEFORE the incident ... and who else is going to get fired. The "boss's" ass is on the line. The ranks circle.

But I'm talking about what was happening, being said, and done at the time ... not days later. It took a week + to sort out what was actually happening in Las Vegas with the "sheriff department" talking shit every day ... and we still don't know what happened in the hotel hall or room.....and there is fucking video!!!!

The Federal, State, and Local governments want to blame the deputy?

Now the media and the public! How "convenient"! We don't need to change anything!

It's the "chickenshit" deputy's fault!

"Indians" and "moccasins" come to mind.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #13
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Fixed it for ya...

Where was the Sheriff 'the 39 times they were called, plus the two times the FBI was called' BEFORE the incident...

Quote:
Where was the Sheriff BEFORE the incident ... and who else is going to get fired. The "boss's" ass is on the line. The ranks circle.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #14
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Before we start banning guns, firing law enforcement officers, firing school officials, holding town halls and the reactionary stuff, I'd like to see a report on Cruz, his family history, his school history, his psychological history, his gun "purchase" history, and what happened that day at the school.

But be won't. Because of privacy issues.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
.... I'd like to see a report on Cruz, his family history, his school history, his psychological history, his gun "purchase" history, and what happened that day at the school.

But be won't. Because of privacy issues.
"We" don't have to any more ... remember the Liberal culture!

Quote:
This is their scenario and culture:

The deputy was supposed to stop Cruz, who is the "real victim" due to his lack of parents and a "tortured" childhood as an adopted person, and the the Liberals want others to protect them from their failures and ineptness! It's everyone's fault, but the shooter. It's even the inanimate "guns" fault.
How come the hotel unarmed "security" officer didn't stop the shooting in Las Vegas. He left town!

And then there is ..
"Darren Wilson" of Ferguson PD fame who killed Michael Brown!

He's toxic .. unemployed and being sued .. but was exonerated.

Let's not forget the officers in Dallas ...

..... who were slaughtered while GUARDING the BLM march!

Make war on LE and then criticize them when they won't sacrifice their lives to PROTECT the "community"? Put on trial IN THE MEDIA whether they "serve and protect" or DON'T SERVE AND PROTECT.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women