Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59891
gman4452915
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47500
pyramider46370
bambino40306
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35300
Mojojo33117

Old 03-23-2024, 05:26 PM   #76
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
With respect to Letitia James' claims, exactly how were the people of New York defrauded?

What difference does it make who was attorney general when the law was passed, whether he was a Republican or Democrat? The law sucks:

If you read the court document, the people of NY are included with James. To answer any further, I would need you to change the parameters of your question so as to address it.

You are right, doesn't make a difference what party AG is. For a law that sucks, it have been used for a few cases for the duration it has been on the books. If it was so suck ass, you'd think it would have been repealed by now.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 05:50 PM   #77
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Tiny would do well to rail against DWI and speeding laws to the extent he is complaining about Trump’s victimless whining.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:25 PM   #78
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

After all of this pontificating, it still goes back to the 8th and 14th Amendments.

I personally don’t think James and the Judge considered this.

What will be a real kicker is if the Majority Opinion, The Court rebukes both James and the Judge for letting political reasons interfere with deciding what the punishment should be in this case.

This will leave the door open for Trump to bring a Civil Rights action against both to the tune of about $800 million.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:31 PM   #79
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
After all of this pontificating, it still goes back to the 8th and 14th Amendments.

I personally don’t think James and the Judge considered this.

What will be a real kicker is if the Majority Opinion, The Court rebukes both James and the Judge for letting political reasons interfere with deciding what the punishment should be in this case.

This will leave the door open for Trump to bring a Civil Rights action against both to the tune of about $800 million.
When you reference the 8th amendment I’m presuming you are referring to the bit about excessive fines. Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

The problem of course is what defines “excessive “. Presumably Judge Engoron used legal precedent when assigning restitution and fines including interest. If the reasoning used is incorrect or if the appeals court decides to change the precedent then Trump may win his appeal. However you just can’t say it’s excessive because of the figure. There has to be a procedural error that occurred or the precedent guiding the calculation of restitution and fines must be considered unconstitutional and then changed. He will still be found guilty of the charges and still have to provide restitution and fines. Just maybe a different figure.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:36 PM   #80
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

There is no chance at all the 8th amendment will save Mr. Trump from turning over a large portion of his assets because of the fraud he has perpetrated for decades.

If some posters can't understand a judgement can be made without a "victim", they need to spend their time studying how laws work.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 03:32 AM   #81
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
There is no chance at all the 8th amendment will save Mr. Trump from turning over a large portion of his assets because of the fraud he has perpetrated for decades.

If some posters can't understand a judgement can be made without a "victim", they need to spend their time studying how laws work.
Some posters can not understand that the Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution and is the Supreme Law of the Land. These first 10 Amendments, and subsequent ones, were put in place to protect all citizens from over zealous prosecution and vindictive practices carried out by Government Officials designed to destroy individuals in manners far beyond what is prescribed by common law.
Old 03-24-2024, 04:54 AM   #82
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Some posters can not understand that the Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution and is the Supreme Law of the Land. These first 10 Amendments, and subsequent ones, were put in place to protect all citizens from over zealous prosecution and vindictive practices carried out by Government Officials designed to destroy individuals in manners far beyond what is prescribed by common law.
It seems that we’ve gone round and round over this. Maybe I am not understanding what exactly you are saying here. Please explain exactly how the 8th and 14th amendment is going to “save” Trump.

From my perspective I just don’t see it. He’s been found guilty all we’re arguing about now seems to be the amount of the restitution and penalties. What exactly is he going to argue in his appeal?
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 01:13 PM   #83
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
It seems that we’ve gone round and round over this. Maybe I am not understanding what exactly you are saying here. Please explain exactly how the 8th and 14th amendment is going to “save” Trump.

From my perspective I just don’t see it. He’s been found guilty all we’re arguing about now seems to be the amount of the restitution and penalties. What exactly is he going to argue in his appeal?
Well, if Jackie is correct about such, just another example of the stupid consul donny gets at bargain basement prices. Hell, that is even if he pays his lawyers.... you get what you pay for.
Old 03-24-2024, 01:54 PM   #84
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Maybe they are hoping the 8th amendment will help Trump to show he is a smaller crook.

He over valued his assets for decades to get money. Those are the facts. He has been found guilty.

The only item left is how much he will end up forfeiting due to his fraud.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 03:10 PM   #85
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

The orange clown has no mushroom to stand on and tomorrow sb hammer time. They will touch this

Megas need to send him all of their money. Then he would have 1/2 of 1%. Billionaire my ass. A person would have to be an admitted stupid dumbass to support that felon
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:10 PM   #86
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

tick tick tick tick
Old 03-24-2024, 07:58 PM   #87
Jackie S
Valued Poster

“S” day approaches.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:48 PM   #88
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
“S” day approaches.
... It's HERE! ... ... :

... I've been as quiet as a church-house mouse
about things, to see just how arse-over-tit the liberal
lads might get.

... I surely got a feelin' that this situation aint
gonna go the way Letita James believes it will.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 03:34 PM   #89
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Crikey! ... Aint THAT a kick in the head!

Hmmmm... Wonder if you're a Judge - and you over-value your
appeal-bond? ... Reckon it will GET REDUCED! ...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 04:20 PM   #90
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Folks on the right are slower than turtles and sloths
1blackman1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women