Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452908
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47499
pyramider46370
bambino40301
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35287
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
Victoria of Houston
Account Disabled

User ID: 71
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Help with a Bad Boss in Houston, Texas

Hi All,

Are any of you fine gents of the legal professional persuasion here in Houston, TX? If so, would you be willing to meet with me for a pro-bono counselling session?

I'm not looking to take any body to court, but I do have lots of questions I need help with. I basically just need someone willing to give me all the info and steer me in the right direction, so I can do what I need to do.

In a nutshell, I was working a civvy job for the past 2 years and some months, and recently left. There are many reasons I did, things like my boss contacting me 7 days a week to work, not paying for over time hours worked, etc and other issues.

I recently applied for unemployment with the TWC. I talked to someone on the phone there and he told me 2 interesting pieces of advice:

1. That she (the employer) isn't even registered as an LLC as she claims to be, and

2. That she has never reported wages in the over 6 years she has been in business, so they have nothing to go off of to award me unemployment.

I know this is wrong and illegal of her. I don't even care about getting money, I basically just want to understand this and find out how I can report her to whoever I need to report her to, so she can get in trouble for not paying taxes and for not conducting business properly.

I would also love to be able to get those unemployment benefits if any way possible.

If anyone is willing to meet with me in person and help, please let me know. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Victoria of Houston is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:01 PM   #2
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Since you want a lawyer to provide you his training, experience, education, knowledge, and time for free, I'm sure you won't mind if lawyers contact you for free massage sessions.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:52 AM   #3
Victoria of Houston
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I get asked to coffee and dinner all the time, with no mention of compensation, so pretty much the same thing. :P
Old 03-31-2016, 06:53 AM   #4
Victoria of Houston
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I am also willing to consider trade for services, always, just fyi.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #5
GoldWing
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Not sure if you want to bring the attention to yourself but your employer is in violation of several regulations concerning employee pay. If you have previous payslips to prove your claim the IRS would be very much interested in his/her lack of payment to them for unemployment benefits. You can make a complaint to the IRS but like I said it would bring attention to yourself. Good luck though.
GoldWing is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:04 PM   #6
Victoria of Houston
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you. I have received advice as well in person, so have a better idea of what I can do in terms of getting her into trouble.

You are right in that it will bring attention to me, and I know she will know it is I who has reported her. I am fine with that, so onwards I shall proceed.

Thank you though, as well, for the kind advice.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:02 PM   #7
Flirtatousfemalefan
Gaining Momentum

Red face Records

Dear Victoria,
i am wondering what kind of records have you been keeping and do you have them organized and dated? This is critical because you will need a body of evidence. Also have the pay stubs from when you worked so they can be submitted into evidence as well. Also show the difference in what you got paid and what hours you actually worked. Also does this employer have any significant influence in the political community at large? At this point do you think that she has the ability to blackball you from future mainstream employment as well? I noticed that you said that she never reported wages for six years. I am wondering if she never paid taxes on your earnings. Also I am wondering were you paid with a check at this time or were you paid in cash so that she can get around taxes as well? Finally would you be able to get her tax ID so that you can see the activity that has gone on during the statutory time period or would you know someone who would be able to obtain that?
Flirtatousfemalefan is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:16 AM   #8
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston View Post
Hi All,

Are any of you fine gents of the legal professional persuasion here in Houston, TX? If so, would you be willing to meet with me for a pro-bono counselling session?

I'm not looking to take any body to court, but I do have lots of questions I need help with. I basically just need someone willing to give me all the info and steer me in the right direction, so I can do what I need to do.

In a nutshell, I was working a civvy job for the past 2 years and some months, and recently left. There are many reasons I did, things like my boss contacting me 7 days a week to work, not paying for over time hours worked, etc and other issues.

I recently applied for unemployment with the TWC. I talked to someone on the phone there and he told me 2 interesting pieces of advice:

1. That she (the employer) isn't even registered as an LLC as she claims to be, and

2. That she has never reported wages in the over 6 years she has been in business, so they have nothing to go off of to award me unemployment.

I know this is wrong and illegal of her. I don't even care about getting money, I basically just want to understand this and find out how I can report her to whoever I need to report her to, so she can get in trouble for not paying taxes and for not conducting business properly.

I would also love to be able to get those unemployment benefits if any way possible.

If anyone is willing to meet with me in person and help, please let me know. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Did she take taxes out of your check, or were you "contract labor"?

You may actually owe taxes yourself, be careful!!
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:29 AM   #9
SkylerScarlett
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 271177
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
Did she take taxes out of your check, or were you "contract labor"?

You may actually owe taxes yourself, be careful!!
Generally if this is the case you are better off going to a tax expert first and getting help. Not sure what they have in Houston but in Denver they have a firm called Advanced Tax Soutions and they have literally gone back like 7 years for some people, filed everything and in many cases the people were in fact owed refunds.
SkylerScarlett is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women